Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Open Letter To Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Letter To Players

Hi there, if you don't want to read this there's short explanation at the bottom and if you do. I would love to hear everyone's input!

My name is Keri, I'm a 23 year old Swedish player who's been around these part for about 9 months now I believe and I seem to be getting to see more and more negative sides of KABAM and less and less positive ones. I am a part of the Hero's Council (all though, I wouldn't put it past them to boot me from it after this post), one of the few good initiatives that I have seen them guys take.

As you all know, there are/have been multiple issues in these games and most of them are being ignored/not talked about. This has to do with you KABAM, you are probably the least professional, greediest, dirtiest and ignorant companies I have yet to have been in contact with. These issues are usually solved by giving all players bonuses, which I can surely understand, but I think luck has enough of a factor in this game all ready - we shouldn't have to luckily be online at 3 am in the morning to catch Class Wars or hope that our device gets priority when patching, but maybe it's just me thinking that. To me the issue isn't the compensation, but rather the time it takes for anything to happen when issues occur.

When I started playing this game I believe COSMOS visited our server 1-3 timer per week, more so if there had been a patch, update or similar to make sure that everything works as it should (now I can't remember last time he logged in). This was glorious and I loved it, I really felt that KABAM cared for us as players, because their employees gave us something that can never be messured in BR or equivalent. I was given time, by KABAM-officials. Now, I am not saying that you guys have stopped, COSMOS still does what he can here on the forum, but it is far from enough. I do not blame COSMOS for this, I think he does a fantastic job with what little KABAM appears to give him. What I blame is that his company is not backing him up, you leave him there for the wolves that are the current player-base. A hateful crowd of angry people knowing full well that through the internet they can't get hurt for real would slowly break my spirit and want to help them, so I'm going to assume that's why I don't see him anymore. The issue could easily be solved by hiring a bigger staff if your issue is time or it could even be solved by ACTUALLY TALKING TO YOUR PLAYERS. Roy has been said to have you guys on contact through Skype, COSMOS too and yet it still takes this long for any information to come from you guys. I seriously hope you're either ashamed of your mistakes or really proud of how you can make other people jump for you. Oh wait... I forgot something, the great and mighty KABAM did something for their players. They reached out and listened with their ears and then actually focused enough to allow the buzz to become words, the words became a sentense and finally that led to the change that almost every player I know questioned: "Let's reduce World Boss to one attempt only."

As I'm writing this I'm closing in on my 9th hour of trying to update my game to the new patch, 9 hours without anyone on KABAM saying a single word to us about what is going on. That's generally the problem in this game, if you ask me. Issues happen and I'm more than fine with that, but the constant not knowing is what makes it so hard not to hate KABAM. Because I do, I honestly from the bottom of my soul hate every single one of the corporate monkeys sitting in the KABAM headquarter. This is of course nothing personal and as individuals you are maybe wonderful people, but as soon as it comes to this game you guys change your attitude or you are likely to lose players continously. Now, I am not the one in charge of their economy, but to me it seems a lot better to try to keep stable cashers active than ****ting out new servers and hoping they will be filled with people who have a lot of money will play there. I of course do not have the numbers to their economy, but what I do notice is that the Magic Pots have a lot less/a lot pissier annoucements. Earlier a Lvl 5 gem granted you a server message, but now a lvl 4 one does. VAT tax increased in Europe meant they increased the prices accordingly, but maybe if they had lowered the price (thus earning 20% less money, keeping the balen prices the same) and personally earned less per balen from us European iOS users they could probably have earned more money. Since we would have kept putting in as much money as before, with the new rates it isn't worth it. Especially not when we come to the next point, your drop rates.

I have in numerous occations heard of people being in contact with Apple or Google to get their money back for what they've invested in your game, you refuse to post your drop-rates to further keep us in the dark and last time I asked support if me spending €500 and not getting a single mount: "Please understand, however, that as the prizes received from these Events/Mystery Boxes are determined by chance, we cannot guarantee that a player will receive a specific prize. While I cannot comment on the specific drop rates (% chance) of each item, I would like to assure you that the premium prizes, such as mount cards, are certainly attainable, though they are very rare! While we sincerely regret that you were unable to acquire the items that you desired, please understand that this is the nature of a chance based game." They are then certainly obtainable? 12K balen on pot + magic wheel for nothing, 14k on boxes and nothing, 5k more on pots and nothing. I don't know about you other players, but I usually only place money in the magic pot if it has at LEAST 3 mounts that I do not own in it (or 2 mounts and a clothingdesign I actually want) and this is what we get? Yes, I understand that Stamina Potions and Bounty Scrolls have their usefulness, but it is not why we use those things.

Now, I am one of many examples to how little value our money has to this company and in light of this I want to ask you other players to follow me in this even though I assume that you won't. Please, can we together, as a community show KABAM that we do not appreciate the way they act? If we do not buy their boxes the drop rates will increase, if we do not use the magic pot maybe they'll finally release it with the drop rates so we can actually make an educated guess on what we will get if we spend X thousand balens. I understand wanting to get stronger, I want that too, but it appears that in this game if we're not extremely lucky or extremely wealthy we can't get what we want. KABAM's power over this game lies within us as a community being unorganized, uninformed and with all the issues not before long also uninterested.

I love this game, I sincerely do with all my heart. It is the best handheld game I have ever played and I wouldn't have stayed this long if it wasn't for that the game is so good, but this company is probably the main reason why people stop playing if I am to be completely honest and I believe that many of my fellow/former players agree. On my server, most of the people who quit was either due to how you guys handled the game or as a consequence of the player actions after the server merge.

10:01-19:21 has for the record landed me a grand total of 60,4% of the files needed to play the game, you guys really did us a solid throwing this patch out there. - However, since I don't like being inconstructive I will mention this as well. I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the concept of torrenting, nor if it is possible to do with a cellphone game. But reconstructing the patch-files to be sent both from KABAM to us and from players to players (the player to player doesn't have to be a max of more than 200kb/s to make a huge difference for everyone) could maybe be a good way for you to sort this problem in the future? Of course it is a large posibility that you don't want to/can't do that or that something else is the issue, but because KABAM's policy is to keep players in the dark when it isn't office hours and always eat at least four cakes + drink three gallons of coffee each, plus going out running to get rid of the excess calories seems to be how you prefer to work there is of course no way for us as players to really try to be helpful.

Furthermore, I'm going to guess that there is no way in hell anyone from KABAM will say anything in this thread, unless it's about me breaking any forum rules. Even the threads that our GM/Admins post are ignored by them, it is an interesting way to show that you literally don't care what so ever about anything else than money. They are, after all (if I'm the only one who's noticed) experts at showing us how little they give a **** about anything we do except give them money and I understand why that would be a driving force in a company based in America. I am not saying it is strange at all that they want revenue, what I am saying though is that your meanless tokens of "Appreciation" or "Compensation" are usually worth little more than I would get in the game by pressing two buttons. Because let's face it, getting a "Wing Mystery Box" does 99% of the time just about equals nothing or 80k gold (which anyone considering paying for boxes to get a Wing Mystery Box would have obviously gotten value for their money with).

Tl; dr:

Yes, I am mad. No, I do not wish to quit the game. Yes, I want KABAM to actually run this game. Yes, I want to pay to play this game. No, I do no longer see the value in balen because of how little it gives and finally. Yes, I want us players to be more organized; we can demand things from KABAM. We CAN make a huge difference to this game, but if we sit in our corners quietly and complain only in guild chat they will not see it and no change will come.

Hej!
    Thanks for writing this!

Tineh

Comment

THANK YOU KERI FOR WRITING YOUR BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING ESSAY!!! AND I AGREE TO EVERYTHING YOU SAY!!!!! I HOPE KABAM WILL READ THIS AND CHANGE THEIR STUPID WAYS BECAUSE THEY NEED TO KNOW HOW EVERYONE IS FEELING TOWARDS THEM IF ITS NOT ALREADY OBVIOUS ENOUGH!!! (I'm slightly going mental....wOoP!) Working together and getting what we want... SOUNDS LIKE A BEAUTIFUL PLAN! LETZ DO THIS- if I ever get the files loaded.... *bangs head on wall repeatly* hahahahahhaha *bleeds to death*

Comment

Can't agree more...this is my second and last game made by kabam...

Never again...
        Even I love this game more than any before
        One bird doesn't make spring...neither one or few players make changes.
        Kabam truly don't give a ****...they know people come and people go. 500-1000$ will be compensated by another 10-20 new players..and circle goes around.

Most greedy company I ever saw..

Comment

Thumbs up, Keri.

Comment

There needs to be improvements in the communication between Kabam and players. After all we do pay to play this game, so we expect at least a good costumer service. We do not want an immediate response but we do want to be informed of what goes on in game. But again, you can't expect much when even the moderators of this forum don't have answers for whatever issue game has. You se the example with the patch issue. No one has tried to step in the game update issues thread and say "hey, we workin on it". No. Not even a word. And Kabam fails a lot there.

As for the drop rates, I do think that's a bit of cheat on their side. But on the other hand it's up to players to decide if they want to keep spending hundreds in a chance game that seems to be rigged. Speaking for myself, I never bought boxes because I know drop rates are a huge pile of zero, nada, niente. Dropped a couple euros in magic pot and got nothing but whips and bounty scrolls. So I chose not to waste money on it anymore.

All in all, I do think that's a good post. Ad I agree.

Comment

*clap clap clap* Bravo for saying it like it is, Keri! I totally agree with you. Kabam has seriously dropped the ball so many times, it is becoming the standard. We are paying costumers, that get treated about the same as pigs before the slaughter. Just alot of akward stares and then BLAM. Dead. Seriously tho, there has been NOONE saying anything (kabam officials) about the fact that.. Oh.. What's a fair number... 25-35% of ALL YOUR PLAYERS CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE FREAKING PATCH! Get your thumbs out of your asses and at least give us a "We are sorry for the problems that related to the patch, and are working to fix it". But do we get that? No. We get goose egg. Literally nothing.

I'm sick of this being the case all the time with kabam. They need to make some serious changes to their costumers service, because these latest months, their services have been sub-par!

Comment

Originally posted by JaimeS34 View Post
                There needs to be improvements in the communication between Kabam and players. After all we do pay to play this game, so we expect at least a good costumer service. We do not want an immediate response but we do want to be informed of what goes on in game. But again, you can't expect much when even the moderators of this forum don't have answers for whatever issue game has. You se the example with the patch issue. No one has tried to step in the game update issues thread and say "hey, we workin on it". No. Not even a word. And Kabam fails a lot there.

As for the drop rates, I do think that's a bit of cheat on their side. But on the other hand it's up to players to decide if they want to keep spending hundreds in a chance game that seems to be rigged. Speaking for myself, I never bought boxes because I know drop rates are a huge pile of zero, nada, niente. Dropped a couple euros in magic pot and got nothing but whips and bounty scrolls. So I chose not to waste money on it anymore.

All in all, I do think that's a good post. Ad I agree.
                I know right? "We don't know what's wrong" is infinite times better than nothing, at least it shows care. Now that COSMOS is on the forum I hope he will be able to give us some info, but considering how it's been in the past with KABAM I'm not keeping my hopes high.

As for the boxes, I can see why people don't use them. Personally, I have enough things now that they're practically my main source of power-increase (besides gear upgrades that take forever and astrals that cost several hundred thousand astral EXP to get better).

I don't think that communication, the game functioning and value for our money is much to ask for and I hope that you who post here will also go to your servers and ask people to come here and post. If my main points aren't the same as the big part of the community that isn't an issue, but I do believe it is time that we; as players start organising ourselves. If we don't we will just keep getting broken CWs who aren't split between regions (not because of competition, but because KABAM gets to give out less stuff then) and patches that take days to download.

We are the player-base, but we are also the customers. Marketing needs to go hand in hand with Human Resources or people will leave, eventually they'll run out of players who are willing to try another game from KABAM and then the "Get-rich-quick" scheme should end. I really hope they prevent it from happening by actually taking action.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerismatic View Post
                  I know right? "We don't know what's wrong" is infinite times better than nothing, at least it shows care. Now that COSMOS is on the forum I hope he will be able to give us some info, but considering how it's been in the past with KABAM I'm not keeping my hopes high.
                  What makes your point even more valid is that Cosmos was here, closed few threads sending people to the sticky game update issues thread and then poof, went offline. That alone speaks volumes. I'd rather have a "we have no idea what went wrong" than nothing at all. That is no way to treat their players.

Comment

Agreed! Rise up everyone!

I agree with everything you say. Kabam, you have to stop being greedy, or sell your company to someone who knows how to handle issues, because right now, you don't seem to have the right amount of experience to resolve the problems the players are facing, which in fact, if you decide to resolve these issues, you will get more revenue, because the players is the source of your revenue. So if you have problems of entering a game, I highly doubt people will be able to buy balens but they may most likely quit, making you lose potential 'customers'. I had to speak about money, because that's your main priority, not the consumers who deserves to have a good time from buying balens off you.

(56.3% downloading, since 10am, now 21:20 (UK time))

Comment

They do what they do because it works. Their entire business model is structured around squeezing as much money as possible out of the few who are willing to spend thousands every month, and the rest of us don't matter which is why they can afford to be sloppy about things. So long as they do just enough to keep people spending that's all that matters to them.

If you wanna see how games like this work, there's an interesting presentation on how these sorts of games work here: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1016417/-100-000-Whales-An

Comment

Amazing post Keri! i agree with everything 100%.

I only want to remark the economy. Have you ever thought how much Kabam earns only from Wartune? Just make some maths...if a single player can pay more than 50k balens!! is that difficult to invest something on more staff?? or even that, just for 5 minutes every hour/ 2 hours to log the forum and write 2 sentences. is that really difficult?

This thread should be the more viewed and commented in all the Wartune forum.

Great job Keri, let's see if we can get something positive with this.

PD: 11.30 - 23.57 -->10% after restarting 5 times at 60-70%

Comment

Hi Keri & Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.
                          I will do my best to answer the various points:

Firstly Keri, you are a Heroes' Council member and, as such, can easily communicate with me directly to highlight any issues and work together to fix/improve them as all other members do. For the future it would be awesome to try that

RE: Speaking to players:
                          Every day I answer/discuss hundreds of emails / private messages / forums with players and then I bring up / make reports of the key points for the Wartune Team and discuss with them as well. There is a ton of discussion going on practically every day. Is it perfect? Does every single thing get a reply? No, of course not. We are not robots and we do have working hours and real lives too. Do all our wishes get implemented? Of course not, that would also not be realistic to expect and part of working together is continuously hammering things which are important for us to get a resolution and for example recovering the World Boss income or implementing the guild jumping block were successful examples of this.
                          So let's work together to improve things.

RE: Today's game update download problems:
                          Yes there are clearly problems with downloading the game update and I saw a lot of reports about it and I informed the Wartune Team about it. Sure, it is not ideal, but let's say 1 day we have a difficulty to download, but it's just a 1 day (or few hours) problem, which is not the end of the world, especially since there is a huge game update with lots of wonderful features for all players, so "losing" 1 day to get it I don't think that's the end of the world. But that said, it is a priority issue for the team and they will fix it and everyone will have the update.
                          (We did announce multiple times that the new patch is coming, we did announce the date and time and we did say it can take 6 to 12 hours which is an estimate)

RE: VAT
                          Was heavily discussed already on the forum. Not going to re-start that here again.

RE: Boxes
                          This is a regular topic. It is a difficult one, I admit. Since the "boxes" are basically a very simple percentage based system with common items more frequent and rare items less frequent, we basically have lots of players who get mounts/etc and you never see them complain in the forum or otherwise because they are perfectly happy, and then we have other people who got unlucky and didn't get mount, but even if a player doesn't get the rare item they always get more than their balen spent in value, but a lot of people say "i got nothing", which is not fair and I have yet to see a single honest report saying exactly what the person got, usually the reports say "i got nothing".

RE: "ignored threads"
                          Would you be so kind to email me a link on any important thread that was ignored or not replied to, because I am surprised about this comment and I would happily go answer whatever concerns or seek advice from Wartune team to find answers.
                          Exception: if a new problem comes up or a new thread comes up, for example related to download problems, the normal process is we report the problem to the team or they also can learn about an issue via the game support tickets and then they also have to investigate by contacting all sorts of reponsible people, who also have to investigate and find the root cause of the problem. Once that is found they can inform back to the chain of communication and at the end someone like me will get the information so I can run to the forums and update players of what is the status. That takes time - any reasonable person will accept that.

I am sure I can keep writing a lot longer, but I'll stop here 'cause still lots of work needs to be done

Cheers,
                          GM Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by COSMOSLAVASH View Post
                            RE: Speaking to players:
                            Every day I answer/discuss hundreds of emails / private messages / forums with players and then I bring up / make reports of the key points for the Wartune Team and discuss with them as well. There is a ton of discussion going on practically every day. Is it perfect? Does every single thing get a reply? No, of course not. We are not robots and we do have working hours and real lives too. Do all our wishes get implemented? Of course not, that would also not be realistic to expect and part of working together is continuously hammering things which are important for us to get a resolution and for example recovering the World Boss income or implementing the guild jumping block were successful examples of this.
                            So let's work together to improve things.
                            All I see here is "I", "I" and more "I". That's a lot of "I" lol Not tryin to say the other moderators don't do anything, but it's obvious that they're not around as much as you do, so you basically do your job and theirs. Or maybe I'm not online long enough to see other moderators here. No, it's not perfect nor it should be. Tell me one game where everything is perfect. I'll answer: none. Of course not every thing can get a reply, sometimes some things get overlooked but that's also why we players are here in this forum. We gotta know the bad and the good so we can all work together on the issues that we're facing. Let me tell you that you do a great job in here and I know that if I pm you to report an issue, I know you will take care of it. You shouldn't be alone on that, tho.

RE: Today's game update download problems:
                            Yes there are clearly problems with downloading the game update and I saw a lot of reports about it and I informed the Wartune Team about it. Sure, it is not ideal, but let's say 1 day we have a difficulty to download, but it's just a 1 day (or few hours) problem, which is not the end of the world, especially since there is a huge game update with lots of wonderful features for all players, so "losing" 1 day to get it I don't think that's the end of the world. But that said, it is a priority issue for the team and they will fix it and everyone will have the update.
                            (We did announce multiple times that the new patch is coming, we did announce the date and time and we did say it can take 6 to 12 hours which is an estimate)
                            No, it's not the end of the world but reset will be in few hours and I can't stop thinking of the things I'm missing due to this big update that I'm yet to see because I can't get my game to work. And it's not on my side. I've been posting here and there and I've been patient about it because I know this will be fixed. However what bothers me is the fact that during this whole time no one, and I repeat no one got into the update issues thread and tried to explain what exactly is going on. And I'm not blaming you (don't think about it I'm glad you are around to give us news about updates and everything else related to game and I know you do your best to keep us informed) but a simple "we working on it" would suffice. And it's not the end of the world but me and many other players are missing their daily stuff and items for april event. It's not much but for non-cash players and even for cashers it's something. So yeah, I know Kabam is working on it but yes we missing a day that makes a bit of a difference for us players. I'm sure you can understand our side as much as we understand yours.

RE: Boxes
                            This is a regular topic. It is a difficult one, I admit. Since the "boxes" are basically a very simple percentage based system with common items more frequent and rare items less frequent, we basically have lots of players who get mounts/etc and you never see them complain in the forum or otherwise because they are perfectly happy, and then we have other people who got unlucky and didn't get mount, but even if a player doesn't get the rare item they always get more than their balen spent in value, but a lot of people say "i got nothing", which is not fair and I have yet to see a single honest report saying exactly what the person got, usually the reports say "i got nothing".
                            As for this topic, I don't have much to say because I stopped buying boxes a long time ago when all I got was daru seeds and 1-3 gem packs. But that was my choice so I cannot really complain about it because I don't spend balens on boxes but I do know a lot of players do. But it's also their choice to spend balens in a chance to get this or that item.

Comment

First off! Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated. I am well aware that I am a member of it, which is exactly why I started this thread.

I am a member of the Hero's Council and not the KABAM council, from what I understood part of my responsibilities in this lies with relaying the player's feelings and ideas around the game that we play and these are all things that I have seen discussed on my server and hence I figured they might have been discussed at others too. My problem is that unlike you, I can't feasibly go into every server and world chat with people and thus the forum becomes my main source of communication with other servers and players. I did send you a mail too, but that was for another thing. The issue here, to me at least is not only that the patch has not been working.

Player communication: You do a good job here COSMOS, you really do. I believe that there is no one in that entire company that does more for the players than you do and I have personally experienced your helping hand on more than one occation, to me this isn't about your communication. It is about the admins, the official KABAM boardmember or whatever they are. Kabam_Relkys, CL_kabam and the others who actually sit there with the information. I realize they have lives and I realize they may have to focus on other matters as well, but taking a couple of minutes to post on the forum that they're aware of the issue and that they're working on it - otherwise we sit here and have to assume that KABAM doesn't know what's going on, which leads to more spam, more unpleasantries, more frustration and more anger amongst the player-base. I want to improve, that's the entire point of the thread. I just don't know where to start for us all to have good communication.

VAT: This is just one of the many things that has frustrated me as a player, I did not intend to start up an argument about it.

Boxes: You do, you most certainly do. But the "it's RNG so we don't know"-excuse is getting a little old, we all on this forum fully knows that if KABAM would have wanted they would have been able to give us flashsales on mounts or whatever, but that's beside the point. My point is more that I find it odd how so few things that are RNG based are a problem. There are no complaints about the RNG in the VIP tokens from what I've seen, I haven't ever seen anyone complain about the 90-110% floating damage that is standard, I haven't seen anyone complain that they've spent a couple of thousand balens to get a Wildfire steed but not get it. RNG isn't the problem, I believe it's the way it is handled. Every other thing in this game either has things that are somewhat irrelevant as part of their RNG or they have some for of Point sharing. I have gotten a lot of things from boxes, pots etc. This doesn't however mean that I'm satisfied with it, no matter the value to them. When I play a Box or a Pot game I'm not aiming to get the gems, I'm not doing it for the bounty scrolls or the stamina potions even though they will come to use as well (at this point Daru is rather useless to me along with the Lvl 2 refinement crystals I get sometimes, but aside from that it's all useful). Just because something is worth more in balen doesn't mean it's more useful and you, if anyone should know that. I want both players and KABAM to be happy, including me of course. I just see a lot of conflict around this point and I don't think the discussion is finished yet, but that's not the point of this thread either.

Threads: As for now, it was mainly directed at the threads surrounding today's events now, but there have been a few cases where I've seen threads just go dormant due to lack of response (for a time it was the Guild Jumping thread that died off, but now that's solved). Sending you a PM here with the threads I meant.

I do see your point, again I really do think that you do a really good job. What I don't see however is why it has to go through all these steps, my mind says that it's more logical to have a person who knows tell the players. This is not because I believe that there is anything wrong with what you say - I'm pretty sure you tell us the truth 100% of the time. To me it seems highly inefficient though, to go through 4-5 steps through the ladder and then back again instead. I realize this is an RPG we're playing, but that doesn't mean KABAM employees needs to play Fetch and Deliver quests.

There we also see the entire point of me wanting to raise this issue, because that's the main reason why I wrote this. We as players can't see what's happening behind the scenes, I get some information that they don't, but there is still a lot we have no idea about. But going: "We're looking into it." is a hell of a lot more than nothing. My original thought was that the communication worked Forum (or other source) > COSMOS > KABAMdevs > Fix, but if it's more like COSMOS > KABAMdevs > Techiciansupport > KABAMboard > Techs > Devs > You > Forum > You > Devs > Tech or whatever (literally random titles, don't know if you guys have them nor do I care, just me trying to understand) then it definitely makes a lot of sense that it takes a long time.

I do not mean to cause disturbance with this, I'm trying to understand why the information we want takes so long. We are getting closer now to knowing, but just a month ago we didn't even know that KABAM officials can't login to their account unless they're at the office - this fact gives me at least a lot more understanding as to why it takes so long. Now finding out that you need to do the corporate ladder dance as well further makes us know, but this is information we got today. Before we could just have guessed, the more I learn of the company structure the more I understand the hows and the whys of the delays. For me, your answer has given me a lot.

Regards
                              Keri

EDIT + PS: I don't mean that we as players can do whatever we want either, but I do believe that we as players can be a bit more cooperative with KABAM and vice versa, an open dialogue makes that process a lot easier. KABAM can't give us what we want if we don't tell them and we can't understand KABAM if they don't tell us. I want us to be a growing community and have a game that grows better and better. I come off a lot angrier than I intend I notice in my posts, a lot of the time. I apologize for this.

Comment

Working...
                              X