Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Cheating/manipulation of guild battles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheating/manipulation of guild battles

My personal opinion on this mergING and making huge guilds is an attempt for power hungry players to show brawn over brain . All this does is kill the server when guilds/alliances get too big. It causes people to give up and abandon profiles that get left behind and server stays full with inactive users. So therefore all that power is useless when there isn't no one to even play against. If you are worried about having people left out then split into smaller guilds and enjoy the fact of not knowing u r going to win every battle. Reminds of lil kids who can't wait for Christmas morning to open their presents so when mom and dad are not looking they rip the rapper to see the presents inside and further more ruin their own christmas. So what's the point. And by the way, kabam, u screwed up server 29 by pushing another server,27, into us. Thanks for taking out r thoughts and suggestions into consideration!

Comment

Wow really mature panther please keep attacking ppl that are trying hard to nake it work. But honestly it is unreal how your guild doesn't see how un ethical it is. Best regards hope we kill you fuys on friday to show it wasnt worth it anyways

Comment

You are contradict yourself in that sentence.
        Member left guild to Get rewards from fighting at other guild. They have no rights to gain reward from their main guild.
        They didnt give up their rewards at main guild, they have no right to get it.
        The rule is set as 30 members to fight gb. You all know about that, so you bring out the reason that there only 30 members can join gb, so you need to bend the rules to fit your guild in. That, my dear friend, NOT a right reason.

Comment

PREUVE D INTELLIGENCE STRATEGIQUE
          Désolé d'avoir un cerveau )
          Pour ce qui est de laisser une chance aux autres guilds.. celle qui serait dans la possibilité de participer sont inactive!! De plus celle qui y participent déjà sont triste a mourrir ou il y a trois personnes qui se court après.
          Alors vos propos accusateur et vos manières de nous insultée d'égoïsme vous pouvez vous les garder
          Cordialement
          "Bien à vous"

Comment

Unfair advantage

Originally posted by chucklesworth73 View Post
            There is currently a lot of controversy on our server (27/29 Europe) regarding a guild who is manipulating guild battle results. We have recently had a server merge and following this merge several guilds have merged together to create a very large overpowering guild compared to the rest on the server ( justice from server 27 along with mirage from server 29 have all joined forces and merged with legends, (now highest guild BR in entire game)). Due to the size of this guild there is insufficient room in guild battles for all the active members to take part. Unlike most guilds who arrange a system within guild for players to take part in turn, they have decided to keep an active member in each of the previous guilds they came from (justice and mirage) and just prior to guild battle they kick members out of the main guild who then join these previous inactive guilds for guild battle then return back to the main guild (legends) after guild battle has finished so they can all take part and be rewarded. This is causing a lot of ill fealing between guilds on the server as this big guild are manipulating guild battles in this way for their own gain which is resulting in smaller guilds having little to no chance of any achievements. I would apreciate if this conduct can be looked into before it kills the servers once more.

MuStArD (server 29 Europe)
            Unfair advantage is a subjective term that is measured by a standard of proper conduct for persons in similar positions. Unfair generally means unjust, and typically involves acts deemed unethical. Any attempt to acquire an advantage or to impose a disadvantage in a manner which violates such a standard of conduct is unfair. It may involve exploiting another person's vulnerability for personal, social or objective gain, or using unethical methods to acheive some benefit.

In my opinion Justice conduct of moving from guild to guild is abusing their ability to participate in guild battles and therefore gives them an unfair advantage over other players in the game as described in the legal definition of unfair advantage. I would ask that Kabam make a ruling on their actions immediately and find a solution to stop the abuse.

Comment

Hi guys, so I was asked by a couple of players to come and reply on this thread.

Firstly let's make a couple of facts clear:

- The number of participants was and is what it is and there is no plan to increase it because when they tested with larger amounts of players the network lag was unacceptable, so the tech people have established the current level as the acceptable one, which is I believe 30 players participating in any GB. So this bit is a fact, no point in suggesting to increase this number.

- Another fact is that just because some account is inactive does not mean Kabam can delete or remove that account. This is because the player can theoretically come back to play at any time. You can also consider this happening to yourself - imagine you go on a vacation or take a break or get ill and then you want to come play again - you can imagine nobody would be happy if their account was removed/deleted. So any suggestions to remove/delete accounts are also not realistic.

Ok next concerning the issue:

If a number of players feel that the top guild is unfair then why don't you join forces and oppose this guild? The issue you describe is 100% in the hands of players. Would you like Kabam to come and dictate to players who they should be in guild with? That would not be proper. Creation of guilds and competition between guilds is fully in the hands of players.

Similarly, as there are limited positions in GB, it would not be super wise to have just 1 strong guild. Even if they move players to smaller guilds the losing side will always get much less reward, so if those active players are happy with a much smaller reward then that's their business.

Lastly, I am always looking for solutions which will make the majority happy, and so far I did not see any such solutions proposed. So if you want to help improve things, please propose positive solutions.

Cheers,
              GM Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by COSMOSLAVASH View Post

Lastly, I am always looking for solutions which will make the majority happy, and so far I did not see any such solutions proposed. So if you want to help improve things, please propose positive solutions.
                Thanks for your reply to this thread COSMOS, I have a proposal which would go some way to stop guild jumping for personal gain. Currently, if you leave a guild there is an imposed waiting period of 24 hours in which you can't rejoin another guild. As these players are being kicked from their guilds before battle and then kicked again after battle, this waiting period does not come into effect and they are therefore allowed to swap guilds imediately. I propose that if there was also a waiting period of 24 hours even when kicked from a guild then the guild jumpers would then have to wait this period unguilded and without guild bonuses such as guild skills. This would act as a deterrent to guild jumpers gaining an unfair advantage whilst maintaining a players choice to which guild they wish to be part of.

Regards MuStArD

Comment

Hi. The forum is screaming out with the solution. Reduce the number of aloud members in guild. At the moment a level 10 guild can contain 210 members with 30 members partaking in guild battles. So let's multiply them numbers by 8 as this is the number of guilds in battle. A total of 240 players can play out of a max 1,680 guild members. I am betting most servers don't have close to 240 players going in to guild battles at any given time, let alone 1,680 active players. Reducing the guild roster to a manageble amount, say 60, would mean more of the smaller guilds fill spaces and make guild battle more accessible for the lower level players who don't make the cut in their respective guilds, making guild hoping more redundant. Also giving a more accurate active guild be. In theroy meaning the top 8 guilds on the server are more worthy of their actual ranking... Just saying...

Provectus - Things - Server 18

Comment

Originally posted by Provectus View Post
                    Hi. The forum is screaming out with the solution. Reduce the number of aloud members in guild
                    This is exactly what I proposed earlier in this thread. It would create more active guilds and promote far more guild rivalvry. This is something that is severely lacking in this game. If you wish there to be only 1 or 2 guilds per server then why create rival events in the first place. It is this loss of hope as 1 guild monopolises a server that creates inactivity. When there is no hope ......... There becomes no reason left to play !!!

Comment

@chucklesworth73
                      If we would implement a negative thing like imposing a 24 hour penalty then we will have a lot of players complaining that their BR dropped due to the loss of Guild Skills. The reason leaving yourself has this penalty is because you make a decision yourself at the time of your choosing, while kicking can happen at any time when you are not ready, for example you have a fight / argument and one of the guild leaders and he kicks you out in anger right before Class Wars. That is why I cannot recommend to implement a negative action of 24 penalty on players being kicked.

@Provectus
                      I disagree, the forum is not screaming with solutions, it is screaming with a lot of people asking to change the game only for themselves = selfish wishes, not considering anyone else or consequences.
                      What would be the point of reducing number of members? All players know that there are 30 slots in GB, so if knowing this all players, for whatever reason, wish to be together in a big guild, then why should Kabam fight against players' wishes?
                      You are trying to get Kabam to force players to join a small guild when they might not wish this.

We had a similar situation on my PC server 1.5 years ago. Our guild was the most powerful one. So what happened is that 4 other guilds who were not really big friends with each other decided to accept each other's differences and merged to become stronger than our guild. So it is totally up to players to make friendships, to forge alliances, to build guilds and compete with other guilds. There is no way I will recommend to Kabam to force people to leave their guild and join another when they might not want this.

So I am happy to hear out positive solutions, but I cannot see the logic in the proposed negative solutions.

Comment

@Provectus
                        I disagree, the forum is not screaming with solutions, it is screaming with a lot of people asking to change the game only for themselves = selfish wishes, not considering anyone else or consequences.
                        What would be the point of reducing number of members? All players know that there are 30 slots in GB, so if knowing this all players, for whatever reason, wish to be together in a big guild, then why should Kabam fight against players' wishes?
                        You are trying to get Kabam to force players to join a small guild when they might not wish this.
                        I am confused. How is it selfish to want more active guilds with more players actually taking part in guild battle's?. After all its the lower level new players who are missing out by joining bigger guild without the knowledge that they will be missing out on important items to progress in the game. To be perfectly honest I know this change will never be implemented, but it was bad design of kabams behalf in thinking each server would actually have 8 active guild taking part in guild battles each week. Maybe an oversight on how popular the game would be.

I am not trying to force kabam to do anything. It was only a suggestions. One which has been made over and over again in recent days. U say why should kabam fight against players wishes. Like the did when changing the world boss ruling?. How do u actually know the majority are happy with 2 large guilds on server, whilst the rest are struggling to make up ranks?. Did u do a poll without us all looking?...

Can I ask?. On Fridays guild battle on server 18, out of 240 possible spots, how many where actually taken?...

Thank u for listening...

Comment

OK. Here is another idea. Positive or negative, I am not holding a gun to your head...

Only the top 4 guild Br's join guild battles each week, but they are split in to two pools. So now each of the top four guild can put 60 player split over two teams. So all the "a" teams play each other once in a table. And all the "b" teams do the same. With the weekly prize total being a combination of the two teams over all scores. That would cut out all the dead weight and players who are outside the top four guilds could choose to move to a bigger guild if the wanted, not FORCED. And the lower levelled player would at least get a change to join if they wanted. And would cut down on guild hoping as less guilds involved and ranks for these guilds would fill quicker as there is no real reason to join a non top four team unless it a choice...

Idea. Not forced. Bang bang!!!

Comment

Hi guys, so I was asked by a couple of players to come and reply on this thread.

Firstly let's make a couple of facts clear:

- The number of participants was and is what it is and there is no plan to increase it because when they tested with larger amounts of players the network lag was unacceptable, so the tech people have established the current level as the acceptable one, which is I believe 30 players participating in any GB. So this bit is a fact, no point in suggesting to increase this number.

- Another fact is that just because some account is inactive does not mean Kabam can delete or remove that account. This is because the player can theoretically come back to play at any time. You can also consider this happening to yourself - imagine you go on a vacation or take a break or get ill and then you want to come play again - you can imagine nobody would be happy if their account was removed/deleted. So any suggestions to remove/delete accounts are also not realistic.

Ok next concerning the issue:

If a number of players feel that the top guild is unfair then why don't you join forces and oppose this guild? The issue you describe is 100% in the hands of players. Would you like Kabam to come and dictate to players who they should be in guild with? That would not be proper. Creation of guilds and competition between guilds is fully in the hands of players.

Similarly, as there are limited positions in GB, it would not be super wise to have just 1 strong guild. Even if they move players to smaller guilds the losing side will always get much less reward, so if those active players are happy with a much smaller reward then that's their business.

Cheers,
                            GM Cosmos

I believe there is a much more simple answer here GM Cosmos. People are indefinitely abusing the "kick" member feature in every server. Our guild would "borrow" a guild member or two from a really strong guild on Saturday by having their guild kick them. Then when guild battle rankings came out, we would kick them so they could play with their actual guild. This would move us up in rank to guarantee us a spot in the top 4. (Where even though we were the weakest of the 4 in total BR, we had many more high BR players and easily win 3rd place overall). By exploiting this current system, we unfairly manipulated the outcome. That is exactly what it sounds like the large guild is doing after their server merge.

So on to how to easily stop this. Imposes a kick cooldown on joining a guild ONLY when rejoining a guild you were most recently kicked from. Then they could just instantly join another to not lose their guild skills bonuses. But then they couldn't hop back and forth without having to stay in another guild.

It would seem that a 96 hour cooldown would work, but perhaps a full week is best, then people cannot jump after monday or wednesday guild battles and still make it back by fridays big rewards. This would also keep people from hopping after friday guild battle to temporarily raise a guilds BR. They would not be able to rejoin the bigger guild by Mondays guild battle.

Comment

Don't allow people to join guild battle until theyve been a member of that guild for at least 3 days.
                              Don't include a members BR in the guild BR until theyve been a member for at least 3 days.

Its a simple technical solution and would solve this problem.
                              It can even be explained in game without breaking immersion.

"LordGuildJumper cannot be listed for Guild Battle as he has been a member for too short a time"

It would make the game better and would only really affect the guild kick merry-go-round.
                              So why not do it.

Comment

Guild jumping for guild battle only shouldnt be allowed. But i agree with Cosmos that players make the server. Its sad when players only jump for rewards and in this case other guilds get lesser rewards when the "alt" guild takes the spot from others.

But what i want and alot more players is to lower max members in a guild. Its pointless to have a limit of 210 members when 30 can join guild battle. The system makes it easy to exploit such things.

Comment

Working...
                                X