Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Magic Pot 12-14 February

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caperlord View Post
    glad gaea finally admitting that money spending and the more money you spend gets you better prises.
    very disappointed in the fact that they don't care about the casual spenders and the time and effort they put in game time played to have it thrown back in their faces for as little as 20 balens. It took me months to get my sylph to its level and that was all for nothing now that this pot is out thanks a lot for making my effort worthless. Your a bunch of twits do you think of a bigger picture when planning these things or does the dollar signs in your greedy little eyes prevent it.
    1) That has nothing to do with Gaea or this game, that is simple mathematics. If you roll a dice only 1 time you maybe get 4 or maybe you don't get 4. If you roll a dice a thousand times then chances are pretty high that you will get a 4.

2) Nowhere has it ever been posted and no action has ever been done to show that Gaea does not care about any particular type of a player - this is 100% your creation.

3) Kindly respect the forum policy and basic human ethics and refrain from writing insults or disrespectful comments. I am sure everyone can communicate their thoughts in a normal respectful way.

Comment

Originally posted by Fukdover
      I thought it was compared to a die before. That each hammer or spin on wheel is like rolling a die. For example The chance of landing on 4, no matter how many times you roll the die you individual chance of landing on 4 remains the same. The more you roll the more chances you have of getting a 4, but no certainty and no increase in chance percentage. Question is, what die are we talking about because it sure ain't a 6 sided die, not even a hundred sided die. Players in guild have spent over 45k balens with little success.
      Yes correct. If an item ABC has a 5% probability setting then each pot spin or box opening, or whatever similar system, each time the item ABC has a 5% probability of dropping.

Then there is a second probability point where one can ask "if i roll a dice 1000 times then how many times will I get the item ABC that has a 5% probability?" and the answer would be that the expected number of drops would be 5% x 1000 = 50 drops expected. The higher the sample size the close to 50 reality will be. On small sample size anything can happen - it is not possible to make an analysis on a small sample.

And for your last point about 45k balens, if people would check the value of all items they received compared to their spending then, even if no rare item was dropped, the event is setup so that the return is always more for the player compared to the player spending.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerys View Post
        I used 30k balen with actual pot, and beside lots of heroes medals, kyanite, good luck charms, fashion cores, ... i also got 50 dark essences, 1k sepu and the wings .. so in my opinion it was worth to do it.

Others got the mount, 1k sepu, 1k mahra, ... so all rare items have been won ..
        Agreed Aerys

But this discussion will never end when people spend tons of money without geting some of the rare items in return.
        For me, i know the risks of doing those kind of event and i rather prefer to do the lucky wheel because this event gives me somehting back in return as a bonus for something i decided to buy on my own

And most of the time the new items from Magic Pot (like mounts, wings and clothing stuff) are showing up one week later in the lucky wheel anyway so better wait!
        Hero's assembly member
        Exodus - s29
        Line-ID: Leviathan23
        Need Customer Support? Click Here
        Want to help make Wartune: HOH better? Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Eragon View Post
          @Romanoch - I can only assume your new, as this has been how every MP has worked.
          No, I'm not even new, I played for a year now. I already know how pot works and I have already spend more than 3500 euros on this game before this "special" pot ...

But, as mentioned by some other players, the probabilities to get the good rewards seems to have decreased drastically these last weeks.
          And have reached an unfair level in my opinion.

Originally posted by COSMOS View Post
          1) That has nothing to do with Gaea or this game, that is simple mathematics. If you roll a dice only 1 time you maybe get 4 or maybe you don't get 4. If you roll a dice a thousand times then chances are pretty high that you will get a 4.
          Ok, then let's do the math.

I spent 62K balens, meaning 62000/20 = 3100 "roll of dice".

The probability to get ONE of these 5 big items is the sum of the probabilities to get either the mount, the wings, mahras, sepul or wings.

Then it means the probability to get randomly ONE among these 5 was less than 1/3100 = 0.0003225%.
          And that the probability to get specifically one is less than 0.0000645%.

Is it something fair for you ?!?!?!

@Romanoch and all other "I spent X amount and got nothing" comments If you look at what you received for your spending you will very clearly see that you received several to multiple times more in return for your spending. And that includes even the cases where someone may not have gotten a rare item.
          I obviously have checked what I got even without a rare item. And it was clearly less than if I had spend the same amount on a Lucky Wheel or a normal Magic Pot. That's exactly why I'm that mad at the moment.

Cosmos, I know that you have to do your job and try to find a justification for this behavior.
          But, if you play on a game and pays 800 euros, what will be your PERSONAL reaction if you get that few ? You will be happy and find it normal ?
          And will you want, or will you have the motivation, to continue the game ???

What could have been the problem for Gaea to improve a bit the probabilities ? None ...
          The players would have just spent the same amount to get let's say 3 big rewards instead of one.

What I really don't understand is, instead of being fair and allow more players to get interesting things, you prefer to lose some of them because they will feel scammed and quit paying or even leave the game.

I'm just speaking about respect of the players and their money. But, with the feedback given, it has apparently disappeared ...

Enjoy my money, it was the last time.
          Last edited by Romanoch; 02-13-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

@Romanoch
            My job is definitely not "finding justification". In all my posts I give absolutely honest and accurate information and nobody at all has any interest whatsoever to cheat players.
            At your spending I would expect based on the event config that you would receive a minimum of 2 to 2.5 times value in return taking into account no rare item drop (in which case it would be significantly higher). Obviously for some reason you do not see that so can you please email/PM me your items / calculation that shows that you got anything less + Character name / Server?
            (because now is a very silly situation where we believe that we gave you a lot more value for your spending and you believe that you didn't get value)

Comment

@Romanoch
              My job is definitely not "finding justification". In all my posts I give absolutely honest and accurate information and nobody at all has any interest whatsoever to cheat players.
              At your spending I would expect based on the event config that you would receive a minimum of 2 to 2.5 times value in return taking into account no rare item drop (in which case it would be significantly higher). Obviously for some reason you do not see that so can you please email/PM me your items / calculation that shows that you got anything less + Character name / Server?
              (because now is a very silly situation where we believe that we gave you a lot more value for your spending and you believe that you didn't get value)
              Could you send me your email by PM please ? I don't find how to send PM (for my character name/server) in this new forum ...

Unfortunately, I won't be able to give you an exact list as the rewards have been mixed with all the ones I already had.
              But you can ask to check my account if you want.

I effectively got some fashion core, luck charm, hero medal, insignia, gems, tokens, etc ...
              Even maybe, as you mentioned, more than on a normal pot for these basic items.

But when I accepted to pay that much (compared to 100/200 euros max I spent normally on pot) it was because I wanted even just one of the cool items.
              Not insignia, luck charm or else that I can get from all other pot/lw.

And with all I won, I only improved my BR of around 3.5K.
              While on the previous normal pots, I improved my BR of around 1.5K for 200 euros spent max each time ...
              That's why I said I won less than with a normal pot or lucky wheel.

I know that it won't change anything to explain my case.
              But I'm just talking about a felling, something that is now broken in me with this game.
              Because now I know that even when I sacrifice half of what I earn in one month, it doesn't change anything.

Accepting to pay 800 euros was really a big deal and, at the end, it's just like if the special pot never existed for me...

It really make me want to stop, not just paying, but even to play.

Comment

@Romanoch

Hi again, I also didn't find a PM on this new forum :S
                Send me via here it will come to my email

I of course understand you and I am trying to think what can be done to avoid situations where players are upset. We have several different type of events where an event like Magic Pot is based on probabilities and events like Spender where you get exactly what you see. The benefit of having an event based on probabilities is that it allows participation from a lower amount like 20 balens and gives the chance for even that amount to win a lot more (for example 1000 Mahra worth 35,000 balens), but there are no guarantees in events based on probabilities. According to statistics, based on your spending you should have gotten a rare item (and probably more than 1) but I suppose in your specific case in this specific event the probability didn't roll that way, so some would call this "rotten luck". That said, I still maintain that value-wise everyone is supposed to be a winner, but not everyone is guaranteed to get rare items.

Regarding your BR point I am actually pretty sure that you have not spent the vast majority of your rewards which would of course give you more BR than you wrote. I can be wrong of course in my assumption which you can confirm, but I recon only 1 day has passed and you got hundreds and hundreds of items which normally players do not spend / use immediately.

Comment

есть идея!!! have idea!!!

думаю стоит ввести компенсацию за 1 spin magick pot - 1 hero medal compensation ( или другая специальная вещь для этого)... если не смог выиграть супер приз, то хотя бы заплатил за него и смог бы поменять в событии...

я абсолютно согласен с cosmo в общая сумма выигрыша обычно выше потраченных денег, тогда чем плохое мое предложение, разве нельзя сделать еще чуть больше?? 3000 попыток этого достаточно чтобы просто купить 2 таких mount +100 в магазине, при условии их продажи там.

Comment

Working...
                  X