Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Thread to find a solution for killevent sabotages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread to find a solution for killevent sabotages

We all know the problem, and we are all sick of it.

people keep sabotaging killevents in 1 or more of the following actions:

1.) they kill subaccounts.
    2.) friendly fire (1 alliancemate leaves the alliance so others from the alliance can make kills on him/her).
    3.) spamming cords on global chat (can't call it sabotaging.. but it is sooo irritating and cowardly)
    4.) ''agreementkills'' (During killevents, they search a ''killbuddy'' and every TK event, they kill on eachother.

since long and big events, like season 5 only have : Train a thon, Tournament of might, TK events, and alliance might and TK events... i honestly believe that's it's critical to find a solution for this matter, since 40% of all the events are TK events (if you look to season 5). That means, people can sabotage massively. Tournament of might is easy.. you simple login and click some might. Train a thon is easy aswell if you have a alliance bank. But for TK events... you normally have to spend time to search for kills.. and it's not Guaranteed that you will find some.. atleast.. not much every time you look.

Honestly i have no clue what kabam could do against this. But what i do know is, that it's messing* the game up.

Short term ''solutions'':
    1.) "7 days Leaving ban" --> when leaving an alliance, you can't join any alliance within the next 7 days. And after leaving, you can not attack your old alliance for 7 days.
    2.) "Killevent ban" --> From the moment a TK event is announced with a timer, or from the moment it started, nobody can leave their alliance till a killevent has ended.
    3.) ''attack the same player restriction'' When you have attacked a player ones or multiple times on day1, you can't attack that player anymore for the upcomming 6 days.

The Absolute best long term solution for this problem (it needs a lot of programming):
    4.) To be able to see on the ranking of the TK event by clicking on a players name, on what players they made kills, and how many kills per player. But only after a TK event has ended, to prevent other people from jumping in to also attack that player.

Example:

*TK event has ended
    * "Player 1'' has ended on rank 2 in the TK event with 456m kills.
    * Clicking on ''player 1''
    * 126m kills on Player 33 from alliance X
    * 280m kills on player 66 from alliance Y
    * 50m kills on player 99 from alliance Z

*That way nobody can interfere while the TK is still running, because it will only be visable after a TK has ended.
    *That way everybody can check after a TK has ended which person made kills on what person and how many.
    *This will result in that everybody can check ''strange kills'', build cases, and provide kabam with proof so kabam can take measures against those cheaters.

I'm very interested in what idea's other players have about this case. And especially what kabam thinks of it. It's a wellknown problem so i was wondering if there was already a ''creation'' running in your machines;-)

is it cheating? That's the big question.

The problem is very easy:
    * the difference between knights, heroes and gear is sometimes very big.
    * some people are being zeroed because of bugs or mistakes -> a lot of people are afraid to join this big list of players...

As a result almost nobody is opening their cities. Because almost nobody is opening their cities searching for kills is almost useless / takes a lot of time. Without kills you have a problem in the TK events.
    This resulted in more and more people searching for solutions. See your 'sabotage' actions.

Your solutions are useless. It won't stop anybody. What would be a solution is:

* no deployment time when you select some troops to defend your city (easy to change...) -> this stops the argument of the risk to be zeroed.
    * give kill points instead of rewarding just the number of killed might, with a max points per attacked city/attacked by city (difficult to change)
    By example max it at 10.000 points. someone kills 200.000 might at one city, he gets 10% kill-points = 20.000 points, but maximized to 10.000 points
    Someone else kills 200.000 might in total by attacking 3 different players. He will get the full 20.000 points. That way attacking more players is rewarded.
    * giving extra kill-points for every different city you attacked during an TK-event (don't know if this is difficult to change)
    Someone is attacking with 100.000 troops: for every attack (maybe to an online player) he will get 1% bonus kills = 1.000 points. 20 attacked cities = 20.000 points
    * stimulate people opening their cities. Like being able to send food to those cities or something like that. Or a kind of attack bonus (open your cities for X hours -> attack bonus of 10% during the open time and X hours afterwards) (difficult to change)
    * a smarter kill-system, that prevents big differences. So people that forget a marshall won't suffer to much. People attacking someone with a much better defense marshall won't loose all troops. (difficult to change)
    Defending against a much better attacker should limit kills to 15% of the might send by the attacker. Player 1 send 100.000 might to someone without marshall: max kills = 115.000 might at defender.
    Attacking losses could be limited to 50% more then the troops of defender (reasonable -> in a real war people mostly stopped attacking when they saw it was useless). Player 1 send 100.000 might, kills 1.000 might: he will only loose max 1.500 might.

Difficult solutions and some things need to be better explained: hopefully you understand a little bit what I am thinking. You can reach me in the Ector-leaders chat if you want more info.

Comment

Bierkes i understand your frustrations, we all experience this in our own worlds.. this having said, 2, " and 4 are no cheating situations...
      @Praetor : 1 it is : there is somewhere in the general Terms and conditions something like you are only allowed to have 1 account... yes all of us dedicated bankers are ilegitimate... but we do not all play with fakes at tha same time.

There is good and bad in both your solutions... why shouldn't i be able to attack my old mates, in case they throw me away / why should i stay on my own for 7 days if i am really simply willing to change the group ? / how would you handle this in case of major grouping for might tournament ? deplyment os awful qua ratio : is no option to play / kill points already exist : please check your ranking

the discrepancies make the TK difficult... but the most significant down turn is the demotivation...if there would be an overal improvement of the quality of the game, prople would come back, would be active and fights would take place again. Instead right now there are let us say 100 active gamers looking around each other because there is nothing to do ... then you have time to be creative and especially to try to annoy somebody else by looking good with cheat-stats :-)

Comment

your so-call solution will only encourage those players to make more alts to kill on different days.

Comment

Hi guys,

please continue providing feedback, we are currently discussing this topic with the dev team to try and find a solution.

One thing that I haven`t yet seen mentioned in the forum would be to revamp Pictish camps and release 10 new levels. Why?
          If Pictish camps had great amount of troops defending them, they might provide a valuable target for TKs.
          What are your thoughts on this option?

- Ganstack

Comment

so pict camp counts toward TK in the future?

Comment

That isnt interesting people still are going to "cheat". We can kill picts and they just gonna kill more of there other accounts. I know there are people in our world who have several accounts of other players with billions of might who are stopped playing. And can use them for whatever they want. Dont think that is a solution.

I think we need more activity and then it will become less. I would love to see a world merge again and make it easier to get troops.

Comment

this may not be the best solution but here is my thought:

what about monthly alliance event that last a whole month where if a player left an alliance even once, he/she is disqualify for the event prize. ( to increase incentive for people to stay in an alliance each month, with that being said you will need to give attractive prize tho)

for example A-TOM and A-TK that lasts a whole month and give attractive prize, if a player left alliance once, he is disqualify for that monthly event even if he/she swapped alliance. This can reduce the amount of players to drop out from alliance to trade kills with ally member. i know this may not stop people from using alts or trade kills with people from other ally, but can at least reduce people from trading kills with members.

probably need few more other solutions to prevent/reduce people from using alts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstack View Post
                  Hi guys,

please continue providing feedback, we are currently discussing this topic with the dev team to try and find a solution.

One thing that I haven`t yet seen mentioned in the forum would be to revamp Pictish camps and release 10 new levels. Why?
                  If Pictish camps had great amount of troops defending them, they might provide a valuable target for TKs.
                  What are your thoughts on this option?

- Ganstack
                  Could you tell us where you and the dev team are thinking about regarding this tk problem? Maybe we can add suggestions. I can think of all kind of solutions.. but i don't know how much program work it would be.. so maybe send us in the right direction.

i agree that a pictish camp revamp would be nice indeed. But don't let those tk's count for the rankings or events. We have to find a way to kill eachother.. not bots.

Comment

Working...
                  X