Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Various Game Improvement Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Various Game Improvement Ideas

Hello,

I have enjoyed playing Kingdom of Camelot for two years and been a top player in world 76 and now 131. The game has become a land of cheating and lost much of its desire. I would like to make some recommendations that I hope you will strongly consider to return the game to a quality state.

Create a maximum ratio for kills even when there is no marshal, and make it 10:1 or so. There is no reason why I need to get a 1,000:1 ratio no mater how much bigger my knight is. This would limit alt accounts kills since the attacker would still lose might. It would also avoid players from quitting when zeroed.

Limit resource storage capacity by player levels. If players under level 20 were limited to 100 million resources this would eliminate bubble banks and require big players to stay open and protect resources. More players open and more scarce resources would improve game quality.

Reward players for staying open. Reward gems (yes gems, even though you hate giving them out) for choosing a "all city's open" option, which opens all players cities. More players would stay open improving the game.

Focus on expanding the options already available rather than adding new stuff that only confuses players. One option would be to allow for the alchemy lab to be elevated and thus the research to be able to be leveled. Keep players more involved in things even non gemmers can take part in.

Increase the march limits. It is crazy to be only able to send 122k troops against 300 million troops. Even with good ratios it would take a player literally over 24 hours to zero another player. I suggest upping the march to 500k troops.

Thank you for your time, please consider all or some of these suggestions, I believe they would benefit players and Kabam alike.

Roark in 131

Originally posted by Roark76 View Post
    Hello,

I have enjoyed playing Kingdom of Camelot for two years and been a top player in world 76 and now 131. The game has become a land of cheating and lost much of its desire. I would like to make some recommendations that I hope you will strongly consider to return the game to a quality state.

Create a maximum ratio for kills even when there is no marshal, and make it 10:1 or so. There is no reason why I need to get a 1,000:1 ratio no mater how much bigger my knight is. This would limit alt accounts kills since the attacker would still lose might. It would also avoid players from quitting when zeroed.

Limit resource storage capacity by player levels. If players under level 20 were limited to 100 million resources this would eliminate bubble banks and require big players to stay open and protect resources. More players open and more scarce resources would improve game quality.

Reward players for staying open. Reward gems (yes gems, even though you hate giving them out) for choosing a "all city's open" option, which opens all players cities. More players would stay open improving the game.

Focus on expanding the options already available rather than adding new stuff that only confuses players. One option would be to allow for the alchemy lab to be elevated and thus the research to be able to be leveled. Keep players more involved in things even non gemmers can take part in.

Increase the march limits. It is crazy to be only able to send 122k troops against 300 million troops. Even with good ratios it would take a player literally over 24 hours to zero another player. I suggest upping the march to 500k troops.

Thank you for your time, please consider all or some of these suggestions, I believe they would benefit players and Kabam alike.

Roark in 131
    I really really like the ratio cap idea. would solve a lot of issues with knights.

Comment

AMEN ROARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with increasing the limit of troops you can march, attack, and reassign at one time. I mean really 122K to maybe 179K troops if you knight is all gear with troop attributes is the most you can send on an attack. What a waste, even if you find an open player, it takes days to even put a small dent in them.

While I like your other ideas too, the march limit is the one I would love to see fixed immediately and would be the easiest and fastest thing for Kabam to fix/upgrade
      online printing

Comment

Originally posted by BloodGnomes View Post
        AMEN ROARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with increasing the limit of troops you can march, attack, and reassign at one time. I mean really 122K to maybe 179K troops if you knight is all gear with troop attributes is the most you can send on an attack. What a waste, even if you find an open player, it takes days to even put a small dent in them.

While I like your other ideas too, the march limit is the one I would love to see fixed immediately and would be the easiest and fastest thing for Kabam to fix/upgrade
        Seriously all great ideas idc what one they do but would love the ratio limiter and March lim both of I could lol.

Comment

Agree!!

Agree with everything Roark says. Hopefully our fourm admin will pass along to the devlopment team. I've played for two years and seen some jack up stuff because 1000:1 odds. I zeroed a 3.2b mightplayer with one hit just the other day. Don't think he will be returning to the game. On the other hand, just for a player to get pass my T3 army it would take OVER 2400 hits with even odds. That is over 40 hours of hitting if each March took 1 minute. The size of March must grow. But no player is willing to give up armor stats for army size. We must be able to increase our rally building. So much thoughts on Roarks post. Let's hope Kambam does something.

Comment

Ynot's thoughts!

I have also been playing for over 2 years and feel that it has gotten a bit out of hand. It has become harder and harder to acquire kills due to people being afraid of a one hit zero. I would like to make a suggestion as well regarding gear. Slow down!!! It's starting to feel like what's the point. Every time you get the gear you want and make it strong enough to use, it then becomes obsolete. Give those that put forth the effort to acquire it, some time to enjoy it! Thank you!

Comment

I agree that the march limit is way to small compared to the might of players today. Maybe stop selling troops and make troop chest harder to obtain and making training the main way to acquire troops. However we all know that KABAM is out to make money and doesn't not really care about the players.

Ynot is also correct. They just keep adding stuff to keep you gemming. It's to the point where if you don't have $500-$1000 it's hard to compete

Comment

I have deff passed this onto them because I think it is deff somthing that needs addressed as well. Capping ratios would make alt hitting not worth it would it not?

Comment

I agree with all that Roark has said!! Ynot has also brought up a valid case as well!! These changes would make the game more enjoyable!!

Comment

Ok, I'll chip in here because there are some good ideas.

1) The cap on ratios might be more complex a thing than most realize. First comes army strength to deal damage, then comes damage prevention. The actual might ratios are determined after the fact from the might of troops that died (and in reality the game never actually deals with the ratio, that's just something players invented). Having said that, I totally agree with the rationale, and I'd probably support any solution that would limit the unevenness of the kills. As others said, it could fix many issues and stop some people leaving.

2) I don't think any "cap on ratios", whatever that would mean, would actually stop alt killing. If your ratio is 5:1, that's still worth going after (for one thing you don't have to search for kills, and you can also time it for the end of a comp).

3) Very quickly after gear was brought in, it became rather boring in that there is no wiggle room. You simple want to attack on one knight, and top life on another. No room for strategy (Purgatory was just a tad better in that). Just get the best gear. Bigger march size is a nice bonus, but nothing people would ever go specifically after. Speed noone cares about (except of the odd farming knights). Improve the system! Make it so that either, the secondary attributes are valuable again, or that you can have them without sacrificing the primary ones. Ideally just make the system more interesting to require more balancing.

4) Limiting rss per lvl is a great idea. Maybe 50m per rss per level? So 1b at lvl 20, 50b at lvl 100. Doesn't have to be linear either. Another option to stop bubble banks would be to simply remove the silly dove. I mean, really, who cares? New player needs to be pushed to be in an alli (or he'll stop playing anyway), and once he's in an alli, he'll always get rss from them.

5) I don't think rewarding players for staying open is a good idea. Only the biggest spenders can afford staying open, so it would be only them getting rewards. Once rss is valuable and needs to be protected, then people will stay open. BTW, please remove the silly food upkeep in soft-core worlds. It just doesn't make sense any more.

6) March size is an important subject, and I've been calling for that for a while. Zeroing 100b might is just not an option, even if you had that collective might. Increasing the price of troops would help (they have been deflating ever since buying has become an option), but it would have to be radical, and then you'd still have those 200b people who are already around. Either way the deflation should stop, and something needs to be done about the march size (it can get tricky with balancing other things, like load that you can carry).

Comment

Go Roark!

These are great ideas and would make the game better for everyone. There should be some attempt to even the playing field.

Comment

Originally posted by Roark76 View Post
                        Hello,

Roark in 131
                        I like ideas about ratio cap, expanding options already exist and increase march limit.
                        -ratio cap would solved knight glitch and other issue with knight
                        -option already exist such as storehouse protection limit need to be increased, 6.5m each rss with lv100 hero and *11 storehouse isnot enough cause 6.5m each rss isnot enough to train one que
                        -increase march limit can also do with expanding option already exist, if we can elevate rally point to higher level, that would be great!

Comment

i like your idea's roark.

You forgot to mention 1 important thing relating to ''open cities''. When you get attacked once, or a few times, your defending heroes will go in cooldown mode for like 10 minutes, which gives the attacker a huge advantage over you, because of his passive roar boost from his owain. So if they are planning to reward people that are open, they should fix the problem first where heroes don't go in cooldown mode after 1 or a few attacks while defending. i mean, what good are defence heroes, when they are in cooldown all the time? lol.

+1 for the rss cap. 1 addition to your idea. They should put a cap on rss's till player level 50 or something. People that create bubble banks will not manage to reach level 50, and it's not worth the time and effort. But for people above lvl50, there should be no cap, Otherwise there can't be open banks with Billions of rss's.

+1 for just totally deleting the beginners protection. would be less work to fix, and would prevent bubble banks.

+1 for increasing march limits. like you mentioned, it literly takes hours to 0 a few billion might guy, or to reassign half of your troops to another city.

+1 or -1 for your kill ratio cap. I'm not possitive about this being the best option. I think i have a better option: make a player level cap.. lets say: level 1-49 players can only attack eachother. And lvl50-200 players can only attack eachother. I think that would solve those new-user cheat killings, without having to mess with ratio's before it even gets more confused then it already is.

+1 for deleting the food upkeep in troop city's. Because when there are no more bubble banks, we need a alternative option to protect our food. This would solve that.

+1 for elevating alchemy lab and its researches.

-1 for deleting doves. doving is part of a strategy. For example when there is a long Train a thon, during mid-day when you are working, you can still protect your rss with a dove, while you can login during your breaks to start a new training when your population is back for the train a thon event.

Regards a 3.5 year loyal player

Comment

"Regards a 3.5 year loyal player..." So what???

None of the proposals will help the game a lot. Some of the proposal will be very irritating by the less active players, like the idea to stop banks.
                            What would help is to max rss to 25b. That way nobody can have 800B resources, open or bubbled. That way all players can empty their hospitals, instead of only the players of the big alliances.

The following suggestions I like:

+ Create a maximum ratio for kills even when there is no marshal, and make it 10:1 or so. There is no reason why I need to get a 1,000:1 ratio no mater how much bigger my knight is. This would limit alt accounts kills since the attacker would still lose might. It would also avoid players from quitting when zeroed.
                            tho I don't know how Kabam could program this

+ Focus on expanding the options already available rather than adding new stuff that only confuses players. One option would be to allow for the alchemy lab to be elevated and thus the research to be able to be leveled. Keep players more involved in things even non gemmers can take part in.

Dont like:

Why would this help? Only result would be that some big players of the biggest alliances will have all resources. All smaller alliances can stop playing. This suggestion is way to selfish!
                            I rather would limit the resources of all players. Some alliances have >500 billion of resources...

dont see this. I rather would suggest that troops will die without food, but again this is only great news for players with big knights. Nobody will open all cities for some gems and kabam will never give gems, or be able to give gems

at one hand you are right, otherwise: what if you are a smaller player? One attack with 500K troops can zero a lot of the smaller players.

Comment

Delete food and gold upkeep.
                              Food its just stupid now a days for that to have a upkeep, they don't die anyway so the function is useless.
                              Gold to prevent glitches, you can't fix your bugs and glitches of the knight unmarshalling. For like 4 years or something.
                              Even when the knight is inactive you still see him marshalled until you refresh the game. Don't know what intellect the person had when he invented this thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X