Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

A real revamp of campaign

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real revamp of campaign

So rather than revamping campaign, you decided to just remove everything useful

Sad really. What was a nice feature for non gemmers and small spenders to keep up has turned into yet another feature that no one will care about and cause yet more people to qui the game.

I have offered suggestions in the past to actually revamp how campaign work so that it would not impact your bottom line (since we all know that is all you really care about), but instead you went the other direction to just make it something that pisses people off and want to quit.

How about actually giving some thought i9nto an actual rework of how compaign works instead of always taking the easy route for the dev team and just removing anything useful.

A suggestion yet again for reworking campaign

Place a limit on the number of times a camp can be hit, let's say 10 times a day.
    You already have limits built into the game (wilds) and this would allow you to control the number of items that could be won in a single day that you care about (i.e. gems and wheel and merlin tokens since this is what you always remove).

People would still complain that you placed a limit on it, but still would understand. And could at least still win some of the items that they want instead of the useless items you placed there instead.

This would even have allowed you to put in more useful items with a lower drop rate such as level 10 hammers. If the drop rate was such that you might only win one in a week worth of hits, it would allow people a chance at them but still keep these as somewhat premium items since they would not be easy to get.

I hope you will give this serious consideration before too many people leave in disgust at what you have done.

This is a great idea TheLip. I'll forward it to the development team to see if this would be possible to implement in order to prevent certain items from being abused by having too much stamina in your possession.

Comment

Originally posted by Rukkirii View Post
      This is a great idea TheLip. I'll forward it to the development team to see if this would be possible to implement in order to prevent certain items from being abused by having too much stamina in your possession.
      I would fast track this if possible. People are already leaving

Comment

Great idea lip , another way is cap the amount of stamina that can be used in a 24 hour time frame. Say 3 refills a day can be used on top of the 20 your given this would also slow down the amount won. Or even 2. This would also slow down the amount of stamina that is won.

Comment

Originally posted by RosieD View Post
          Great idea lip , another way is cap the amount of stamina that can be used in a 24 hour time frame. Say 3 refills a day can be used on top of the 20 your given this would also slow down the amount won. Or even 2. This would also slow down the amount of stamina that is won.
          Another good suggestion that would have allowed kabam to control how much was won.

But I will warn you that if you implement these without restoring what you have taken away, your just going to piss people off even more. And if you don't do something quick it will be too late. The game will be dead.

Comment

After spending the past 2 days trying out the updated campaign and various levels, battles etc... It's no joke, the payout ratio for even the lowest prize on every campaign has dropped, not to mention 1 gem is a waste of a prize, I do my 4 campaign hits a day to get a badge then stop. Campaign has gone from a great idea and a great benefit to non-gemmers and turned into another useless and frustrating item within KOC.

And why did Kabam take out the Energy Potion (Green Bottle) as a prize, that allows for an extra chest pick in Exploration. That was a great secondary prize!!!

Also why the hell is there no Infinite Hour Glasses or more 7 speed-ups in Campaign 3???? Not to mention in no campaign can you win a Fertile Cyclone, this would be a great prize to win assuming reasonable odds vs losses to win them in campaign.

Campaign 4 is still just a joke and pointless. LOL
            online printing

Comment

I agree Gnomes I tried the campaign and am still wondering why after beating the 4th campaign why it has not defaulted to 1 stamina per spot. Some are not worth the 4 or 5staminas it takes since the drop rates are horrible now. I am a small time gemmer but have enjoyed this game for over 3 years but campaign was only way i could keep up with the world I was merged into and how much is spent there. If the campaign were fixed and even TheLip's idea were put into use that would still give some of us a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rukkirii View Post
                So any word from the dev team on if something like this could be implemented to get something useful back into campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Infuriated1
                  You'll pass this on to the dev team??!! This stuff has been talked about and suggested since you all took away the gem drop in camp 3! You've "fixed" it twice already since then!! Please don't fix it anymore or there will be nothing but common dust in campaign and you'll lose a billion might per hit!!!
                  The issue is that unless something is done, Kabam will continue to revamp the campaigns for other camps until there is nothing there. There is not much left and I am sure they are being hit hard by everyone. How long do you think it will be until Kabam decides we are now taking advantage of winning speeds or troops and lower the drop rates on those.

Lets get something changed so they don't have to. And if they are smart (which I have my doubts about) they can restore some of the items taken away with the knowledge that they designed it right from the start this time instead of putting something out there with no thought into how it might be "taken adavantage" of.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I`ll skip the intros to jump right into the subject:
                    Although there are currently no daily caps on regular campaign levels, such a system does exist for Campaign Bosses.
                    We will, or have already on some servers, introduce such daily bosses with the above mentioned items (gems/tokens).

In addition, we are working hard on finding the right difficulty/reward/stamina cost balance for Campaign.
                    You may have been less then impressed with our efforts so far but believe me, this system is not as "simple" as it appears.

Lastly, I often read here that all that players want is for Gems/Tokens to be available (preferably easily) in the campaign.
                    However, as Gems and Tokens have no use beyond acquiring others items, I think it`d be more constructive feedback to detail exactly what specific items you`re looking to obtain (@BloodGnomes Thx).

I greatly appreciate individuals who are able and willing to provide objective and reasonable ways to improve this game.

Thanks,

Ganstack

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstack View Post
                      Hi everyone,

I`ll skip the intros to jump right into the subject:
                      Although there are currently no daily caps on regular campaign levels, such a system does exist for Campaign Bosses.
                      We will, or have already on some servers, introduce such daily bosses with the above mentioned items (gems/tokens).

In addition, we are working hard on finding the right difficulty/reward/stamina cost balance for Campaign.
                      You may have been less then impressed with our efforts so far but believe me, this system is not as "simple" as it appears.

Lastly, I often read here that all that players want is for Gems/Tokens to be available (preferably easily) in the campaign.
                      However, as Gems and Tokens have no use beyond acquiring others items, I think it`d be more constructive feedback to detail exactly what specific items you`re looking to obtain (@BloodGnomes Thx).

I greatly appreciate individuals who are able and willing to provide objective and reasonable ways to improve this game.

Thanks,

Ganstack
                      These bosses are not available on world 126, so can't comment on how well they work.
                      What I am worried about is as you remove items, people just switch to a different camp and get different items (i.e. speed ups or war wagons).
                      How long will it be before you decide that these camp are also being "taken advantage" of and reduce or remove those items as well.
                      As far as what we want, here is a list of what I think from lowest to highest.

High level hammers - level 7 and below does not help many people since these are fairly readily available. Might be useful for some, but probably not the majority.
                      Latest gear - This is why people want gems and tokens, so that they have a means of winning these in Lunette or Merlin.
                      High level jewels - Once you have the gear, you need the jewels to embed or you are still far behind.
                      Troops - To compete in comps
                      Renown to level up heros

The issue is that all of these are premium items and if you just make them available in the way the campaign is structured now, you will have to do one of 2 things

1) make the drop rate for these so low, that people get frustrated and complain more
                      2) realize that these will no longer be premium items and are readily available to everyone.

This is why I suiggested what I did.
                      Lets say make the drop rates such that you might win a level 10 hammer every 300 hits on a campaign. Fairly low drop rate, but still something that you can win with about 6 campaign refills or so.
                      If campaign stays the way it is the people with hundreds of campaign refills will win multiple of these items easily in a day.

If you reduce the number of times that you can hit a single camp to say 50, then you have built in a limit of 1 for each 6 days or roughly one a week.
                      This still keeps these items as a premium but allows everyone a chance at getting them.

Since you do already have the concepts of limits within the game, this should not be that hard to implement.
                      As new gear is added, then they still need to come back for the latest gear o it is unlikely that everyone will catch up and be the same, but at least allows a shot at having decent gear. And remember, this is not free as we are using might either paid for or trained (where the cost if the players time).

And the prizes should be regularly refreshed to reflect new gear and to keep it interesting. Change the troop types that can be won for example.

And people do still want some tokens because it is fun to play merlin or the wheel on occasion, but once again the process above would allow you to place an easy limit on the amount that anyone can win.

Comment

Hi again,

fully understand what you mean and yes, Daily Limits seem to make sense.
                        It`s just not available currently.

As for the desired items, thanks, feedback is useful.

What about the difficulty of Campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstack View Post
                          Hi again,

fully understand what you mean and yes, Daily Limits seem to make sense.
                          It`s just not available currently.

As for the desired items, thanks, feedback is useful.

What about the difficulty of Campaign?
                          I personaly did not have an issue, but have a reasonably good knight. Better to have people with a more average knight comment.

I do have an issue with the payouts for campaign 4. Consiering the might that is spent there, the camps that give out troops provide way to small of a number. You can win higher amounts of troops in campaign 3 for less might lost. (please don't use this as an excuse to reduce the payouts in 3).

Comment

Hello Ganstack,

I've always thought that campaign was a great addition to the game - a player has a limited pool of uses every day, and needs to put them to the best use he can. So many different camps means plenty of choices for everyone on every level.

Here's the problem though - for some it's not really limited, and the prizes became stale or not worth it. What TheLip and others before him suggested is a good idea. Maybe even better would be not to limit the number of attacks on a single camp, but remove the master prize for a day, after it was obtained. That would even deal with the scripters, because they wouldn't be able to determine when the main prize was won and removed.

As for the difficulty, I think it's about right, but you should think about what the player should be able to get back when he attacks a chapter 4 camp. That chapter is only worth going through once for the heroes. Find a way to make it worth going in again. Maybe drop the stamina requirement to 1, once it was completed?

The campaign is a necessity for new players, because there are items in there that they need, but they can't get the items because they don't have the knight to deal with the troop loss... chicken and egg problem. Prizes like Sword of Lionheart and such definitely make sense, but they must come at lower levels of campaign, not at camps that require better gear to beat than what you get. Also, switch the fixed gear pieces for armory chests. Lionheart, Wisdom, Season 1 are all good to go. I'd suggest try to plan the walkthrough just like you'd plan a standalone game - spread around items (gear, trainings and hammers mostly) to help people carry on to the next thing.

Now, for general prizes, anything that prompts people to fight more is good to have there. Also items that are not possible to obtain elsewhere:

- speedups of all sorts (they are there, so just keep it)
                            - ports
                            - hero renown - seriously, there needs to be tons more of it
                            - city building items
                            - merlin cloak
                            - master hammers
                            - dusts
                            - mercenary units (in VERY limited numbers)

... some of the things really depend on if and how you can manage to limit it, so that they can't get abused.

Comment

Originally posted by tempicek View Post
                              Hello Ganstack,

Here's the problem though - for some it's not really limited, and the prizes became stale or not worth it. What TheLip and others before him suggested is a good idea. Maybe even better would be not to limit the number of attacks on a single camp, but remove the master prize for a day, after it was obtained. That would even deal with the scripters, because they wouldn't be able to determine when the main prize was won and removed.
                              I had suggested something similar, but this would depend on what you consider a premium item. For example, 1 or 2 Lunette tokens can't really be considered a premium item but you still need to place a limit on how many people can win. This is why they removed them. You could always make it so that you get 10 or 20 when you win them with a lower drop rate so you don't win them on the first or second hit every time.

But overall since they already have the concept of limiting the number of hits elsewhere, I think this would be easier to implement. But of course I don't know the code.

Whatever they decide, it should be a priority to make some decision and start to communicate that decision now so that people can see that they are being listened to and not just ignored as per usual Kabam MO.

Comment

Working...
                              X