Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

cities should be under siege not just instant attacks and then done i have other sug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cities should be under siege not just instant attacks and then done i have other sug

1. there should be limits on armies you can hide would force players to attack more or coordinate with others to launch attacks right now its just hide and train for days and days lame boring. 2. wall defenses should be of some use right now they are not most attacks are instant attacks so unhidding does not make since because there are players with insane armies no one unhides so few real battles happen lame a siege should occur for a time based on wall strength allowing you to unhide or call in allies. 3. wild flipping with one soldier big waste of time only real battles occur when retaking wilds when you retaliate against wild flipper they just hide either turn off flags or make wild flipper use a number of troops to flip wilds. 4. limit troops would be a good idea it would make alliances more useful because you would need to team up right now it does not matter how many people team up against hidden soldiers. Honestly I just set my troops to train for the next two days and leave the game not much reason to check in other then spend resources nearing protection level wall was leveled never bothered to rebuild no point now.

Originally posted by Noob_58NVTH8 View Post
    1. there should be limits on armies you can hide would force players to attack more or coordinate with others to launch attacks right now its just hide and train for days and days lame boring. 2. wall defenses should be of some use right now they are not most attacks are instant attacks so unhidding does not make since because there are players with insane armies no one unhides so few real battles happen lame a siege should occur for a time based on wall strength allowing you to unhide or call in allies. 3. wild flipping with one soldier big waste of time only real battles occur when retaking wilds when you retaliate against wild flipper they just hide either turn off flags or make wild flipper use a number of troops to flip wilds. 4. limit troops would be a good idea it would make alliances more useful because you would need to team up right now it does not matter how many people team up against hidden soldiers. Honestly I just set my troops to train for the next two days and leave the game not much reason to check in other then spend resources nearing protection level wall was leveled never bothered to rebuild no point now.
    1. Troop hiding caps will only hurt the small to medium players. They will be stuck at the cap forever with no way to grow beyond it. Everytime they exceed the cap then a big player will just wipe those troops out. It might work in a new world on an even playing field but could never work in the older worlds. Something needs to be done about troop hiding but there are other options.
    2. Many people do not hide. I am one of them. My troops are always out there as are my wall defenses. I rarely get attacked because most people dont want to throw that many troops at me. Having said that I'd love to see a seige option eventually. The battle mechanic as it is could not support it and would need to be reprogrammed. In the long term it would make a great addition though.
    3. Yes wild flipping needs to be fixed. There are many workable suggestions out there on how to do this. Kabam need to pick on and implement it.
    4. If you limit overall troops you are likely to reduce fighting (unless the limit was high). The battle mechanic requires you to overwhelm your opponent in order to drastically reduce your losses. If you have limited troops to start with and cannot overwhelm your opponent then chances are you wont even attack. Sending multiple small attacks does not necessarily equate to sending one big attack (depending on what is defending of course). Again it would require a reprogramming of the battle mechanic in order for this to be implemented. It is used in games like Valor but those games also allow for unlimited cities so the troop limit per city is not such a big deal.

Comment

runey I've seen your standard reply do you have any suggestions that might improve the game mechanics I also like the idea of attackers being unhidden for a time. I see this post comes up multiple times in forum so there is something wrong with the mechanics. Also Runey you may be the exception not the rule when it comes to hiding I've seen people write that they have plenty of might and leave themselves unhidden but yet I checked battle reports and they were actually hiding from attacks this is one of the reason I state there should be a way to force people out otherwise call the game might horder camelot or pretty little city camelot cause there is not a lot of battling going on other then farming smaller cities which yes i do but most do not fight back i can not blame them either. Only attacks I've seen are from higher might guys higher then me and I actually retaliated only to find they were hidden LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Noob_58NVTH8 View Post
        runey I've seen your standard reply do you have any suggestions that might improve the game mechanics I also like the idea of attackers being unhidden for a time. I see this post comes up multiple times in forum so there is something wrong with the mechanics. Also Runey you may be the exception not the rule when it comes to hiding I've seen people write that they have plenty of might and leave themselves unhidden but yet I checked battle reports and they were actually hiding from attacks this is one of the reason I state there should be a way to force people out otherwise call the game might horder camelot or pretty little city camelot cause there is not a lot of battling going on other then farming smaller cities which yes i do but most do not fight back i can not blame them either. Only attacks I've seen are from higher might guys higher then me and I actually retaliated only to find they were hidden LOL!
        Well the whole battle mechanic is kinda busted anyway. I've been pushing for range to be included in the battle mechanic but I doubt Kabam are going to consider making any major changes to the battle mechanic in the near future. However some things can be done with very little programming effort to alleviate the issue with troops hiding. I've made a wide array of suggestions in the past and asked for feedback from the players. Trying to find something that fixes the problem that fits three main requirements:

1) It needs to suit the playing style of all active players regardless of whether they buys gems or not. Players who are minimally active are always at a disadvantage so they really need to be ignored in this equation.
        2) It needs to be easy for Kabam to implement and simple for players to understand.
        3) It cannot threaten Kabams revenue or they will never implement no matter how much the players want it and even better if it can potentially increase their revenue

Some of the options that have been put forward so far (not all by me):

1) Limit the amount of troops that can be hidden. Everyone knows I hate this idea. Some of the caps suggested have ranged from 20k troops to 500k troops. Troop caps of this magnitude, especially on established worlds, will result in any player near that cap being perpetually stuck there. Larger players will wipe out all troops above the cap overnight and keep those players there. Any casual player will never be able to progress above this point and will most likely result in a large number of players quitting.

2) An attacker has their troops forced out of hiding for a given period of time after they attack another player. Easy to implement. Doesn't penalise players who aren't interested in fighting. Stops, or at least reduces, attack and hide strategies. Overall not a bad option.

3) Attacking a city reduces happiness (or some other factor) and when happiness reaches zero (which takes a while and some effort) the troops are forced from hiding. This is similar to what is done in Evony. I like it but it does have issues. It greatly penalises casual players who aren't on all the time to defend themselves or take action to raise happiness. It requires more effort to program but still not all that hard. On the up side for Kabam it provides the option to sell items to instantly raise happiness and improve their revenue. In the past I've favored this option but after discussing it with others in the forum I have moved away from it is as an ideal option.

4) Gates need to be open during marches. So whenever an attack is sent your gates open leaving you vulnerable to attack. If you want to receive resources you need to open gates. In order to receive reinforcements or reassignments gates need to be open. I don't mind this option. Gates are slow to close to prevent speed hitters. Players who aren't active fighters are fairly safe. Whilst the people who send constant 1 troop attacks, wild stealers and the hit and hiders are open to retaliation. Some people have said they believe it will lead to less fighting not more. Personally I think it will lead to smarter fighting but I see their point. This is very easy for Kabam to program.

5) OK this one is mine but largely stolen from another Kabam game. When a city is defeated it caches fire. Small cities (ie small players) with few and low level buildings dont burn very long. Long cities (ie large players) with lots of high level buildings burn for a long time. When a city is burning then all queues pause and new ones cannot be started. So if you want to keep your queues going then you need to defend. This will pretty much force all those large players that constantly hide to grow a pair and defend themselves. I suggested gold could be used to hire fire fighters to reduce the time the fire was burning (which should help fix the problem of gold being useless). It opens a new revenue source to Kabam to sell an item to instantly put out fire. A bit more complicated to program than some of the other options but not overly so. Easy for players to understand. Lose the fight city burns. Win the fight city doesnt burn.

There have been many other suggestions and variations on these suggestions. My personal fav right now is option 5. Not because it came from me LOL but because it has met the least resistance from other players on this forum so far. Would love to hear peoples opinions on some of those options. Obviously they would need to be fine tuned but we have to start somewhere.

Comment

Let's do it kabam

Options 2 and 5 look solid, let's do it now Kabam! I also like the idea of creating fortifications on wilds, let's force people to defend their wilds - no flipping, more fighting.

Comment

Working...
          X