Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Troup desertion Should be on, how i would temporaraly fix it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troup desertion Should be on, how i would temporaraly fix it

It was turn off because players were reaching a point where you had nothing more to build.
    At that point, the game become broken for the players and kabam, which has no faith to get more money from these player.
    It was a good move to turn it off.

But now, the game is broken again.
    Soon, the game will be control by the top 10 alliance, Because the gap between the poor and rich is growing.
    All casual player will lose interest in the game.
    If there's no weak player to pluck, strong player will lose interest to

Back to square 1

The solution should allow player to infinitly grow, but growing must be harder when your strenght is high.
    If not you unbalance the game and lose customer.

Here's my proposal, it's not perfect, but it a remedy until fondamental design arrive.

Desertion turn ON.
    You can't build new army if your upkeep is negative
    Upkeep calculation is the sum of your army (all city) vs the sum off your food income (all city) to avoid "one city holding all the troop" loophole
    Unlimited wild capture: This is how you enable infinite grow
    Allow to defend wild (mini wall) not mandatory

I don't see any bad consequence to the game except that strong player won't like it.
    It simple, they have the most to lose. Now they are strong, and nobody can reach them
    This will create wild war, more action and enable infinite growth

I wouldn't touch hiding the troops, but i would limit it to the size of your wall.
    So user that play the hiding strategy will be force to upgrade the wall anyway.
    It just make sens it's the wall anyway.

Originally posted by Jobelo View Post
    It was turn off because players were reaching a point where you had nothing more to build.
    At that point, the game become broken for the players and kabam, which has no faith to get more money from these player.
    It was a good move to turn it off.

But now, the game is broken again.
    Soon, the game will be control by the top 10 alliance, Because the gap between the poor and rich is growing.
    All casual player will lose interest in the game.
    If there's no weak player to pluck, strong player will lose interest to

Back to square 1

The solution should allow player to infinitly grow, but growing must be harder when your strenght is high.
    If not you unbalance the game and lose customer.

Here's my proposal, it's not perfect, but it a remedy until fondamental design arrive.

Desertion turn ON.
    You can't build new army if your upkeep is negative
    Upkeep calculation is the sum of your army (all city) vs the sum off your food income (all city) to avoid "one city holding all the troop" loophole
    Unlimited wild capture: This is how you enable infinite grow
    Allow to defend wild (mini wall) not mandatory

I don't see any bad consequence to the game except that strong player won't like it.
    It simple, they have the most to lose. Now they are strong, and nobody can reach them
    This will create wild war, more action and enable infinite growth

I wouldn't touch hiding the troops, but i would limit it to the size of your wall.
    So user that play the hiding strategy will be force to upgrade the wall anyway.
    It just make sens it's the wall anyway.
    Kabam have stated time and again they will not ever turn desertion back on. Desertion was not turned off for the reasons you state. It was turned off because that is how other Kabam games are, ie Dragons of Atlantis. It is part of their business model which they have also stated previously. All of these arguments have come up time and again with other Kabam games that do not have troop desertion. Every time Kabam have refused to implement troops desertion. You can keep asking for it but your chances of ever seeing it in this game again is slim to none.

Also you do realise how easy it is to bypass your upkeep rule. Simply reinforce other players, or create a 2nd account, and park troops there. Upkeep is no longer negative and troops can be trained. This rule would only hurt casual and non-gem player. As a gem player with multiple accounts this rule wouldn't even be a speed bump to me.

I like unlimited wild capture but only if they can be defended either through building defenses or hiring mercenaries and not from having to reinforce via rally point. Right now I dont have wilds because its a pain having to defend them and tying up my rally point. Just means I have to farm other players more to make up for the short fall in resources.

Kabam have also stated they will not force troops out of hiding. Again this is part of their business model and how they do it in their other games that are targeted at the same market. As much as I would love to see an option to force troops out I am not holding my breathe that it is ever going to happen. It hasn't happened yet in other similar Kabam games even though players have been screaming for it for a year or more. I always defend anyway so any rule about forcing troops out isn't going to effect me personally.

If anything needs to be fixed it is the battle mechanism. That is a primary cause of the huge armies you are now seeing in the game. The only way to take down a big player is by massively overwhelming them. There is very little strategy in batte just shear numbers. Only real strategy is sending the correct troop type to take advantage of the bonus. Until the battle mechanism is expanded huge armies is the only way to play the game.

Comment

Yes, as I have explained this game to an 8 year old, KoC is basically a complicated form of rock/paper/scissors. Except that Kabam has decided on a fourth option: hide.

Can you imagine a game of ro-sham-bo, you throw paper, they put their hands behind their back? That's Hiding. Do you win, do they? Neither. It is not playing the game at all.
      They can sit around and taunt you in global chat (don't get me started on the inability to turn THAT madhouse off) and remember that you threw paper. Later, they come by and throw scissors. Lame.

I know, hiding allows people who are away to come back and still have armies in the game. I get it. It allows new players to build up a force and have a chance against the gem players, sure. But it is a broken part of the game. There needs to be a balance - some way to cap the stock-piling of troops. Kabam is definitely NOT against capping things in this game. They have a cap on the amount of spaces in your city, and the level of your knights, and on the amount your storehouse protects. If they put a cap on the number of troops that were protected by Hiding, as the OP suggests - based on the size of your wall (or maybe by your castle, or by your Marshal's shoe size... I don't care) - it would bring some balance back to the game. Desertion above this amount might work too, Kabam has a mechanism in the game to reduce your food supply, and a way to reduce your gold over time... it can't be against their company business model to reduce what you have over time.

Anyway, good luck to the OP for getting Kabam to implement.. this is not a bad idea.
      main slot deposit via ovo

Comment

Working...
      X