Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Unit costs, Cancel training fix..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExLaw
    replied
    ^^

nice equations runey

Leave a comment:

• runey71
    replied
    The formula is something like this:

Training Time in Seconds = (Troop Qty * Base Time) / (( 1 + ((Geometry + Blacksmith)/10 + (Knight / 200)) * (Barracks Qty + ((Barracks Sum - Barracks Qty) / 10)))

Where:
    - Troop Qty = The amount of troops you want to train
    - Base Time = 30 for supply troops, 90 for tier 1 and carts, 480 for tier 2 and wagons, 1200 for tier 3
    - Geometry = You geometry research level
    - Blacksmith = You blacksmith building level (Yes I know the game does not say blacksmith effects training time but it does)
    - Knight = The level of the knight assigned to the marshal position when training is started
    - Barracks Qty = The number of barracks you have
    - Barracks Sum = The sum of all the barracks levels (So if you have 9 level 9 barracks the sum is 81)

The final result must be rounded up. So far all testing has shown the formula to be accurate but I am still testing.

Leave a comment:

• Noob_58DLMMC
    replied
    Knight bonus... Taxes...

Originally posted by runey71 View Post
    The knight bonus does not work as implied. It more like compound interest than the cumulative figure it implies. I've almost figured out the formula. Finished the basic formula now and just trying to figure out how the bonus is applied. I'll post it when done.
    The Production bonus adds to to the other bonuses and is applied to the BASE production... In other words, if your base production was 10,000 and with all your other bonuses you ended up at 20K, when you assign a level 30 knight you will see your production rise 15% (to 23,000) which is an increase of 30% on your BASE production. They add all the bonuses together, and then apply that to the base. In my case, I have 108% with the level 33 knight, and 75% bonus without it. As your other bonuses go up, this bonus will have a lesser effect.

I do wonder about the 10% reduction in production (or training) times from the research... I'm betting that when you get to level 10 everything isn't instant, but 34% of the original time (0.9 to the 10th times the time it would take. As opposed to time - 1.0 * time - i.e. 0 time in all cases.

I've only gotten to 50% - and of course, I have no way of knowing how much time things take to research without my bonus - without comparing multiple accounts... But I could record the time that it says it will take to perform a task, and then do the research and see if it drops by 10% or less than that. (BTW: If they do the 0.9 ^ Nth, then the level 11 upgrade will only reduce the time by 3.4% - which is misleading to people buying it... - Granted, it is 10% of the CURRENT time...)

And I figured out the best tax rate... And was shocked and bewildered with the result... Actually, there seems to be a minor factor in it that I've not figured out, but I'd say that the method of computing population (max vs actual), and the effect tax rate has on it is kind of messed up...

For example, let's say I have housing for 20,000. Let's tax at 50% to make it simple, that will make 50% of the people happy, and the rest will leave... (Give or take a tiny factor)

This leaves the city kind of messed up... I only have jobs for 8,000... So, here is my situation:

20K houses - HALF empty.
    10K People
    2K Unemployment (Idle) (but I get tax from them anyway)

OK, so how can I improve the situation? only way I know of: (Not counting Mass Hyp. - which is a HUGE rip off in price, and is included in the 'free' bonus chest - if you can get better than 500,000 gold by using it then you have some serious gold production already... around 500K/hr. (you can buy an item to give 500K gold for 95 gems))

Build more houses! For every 2 houses you build you get 1 more person on your unemployment line paying you taxes! So, you can up you housing like this:

50K houses - HALF empty
    25K People
    27K Unemployment

And instead of making $5K / hour, you are now getting $12.5K / hour.... With the same job base, and with massive unemployment (54%!!!)

Seems messed up doesn't it....

But then, it is government sponsored housing, so I guess it is about what one would expect... :-)

Leave a comment:

• runey71
    replied
    The knight bonus does not work as implied. It more like compound interest than the cumulative figure it implies. I've almost figured out the formula. Finished the basic formula now and just trying to figure out how the bonus is applied. I'll post it when done.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Unit costs, Cancel training fix..

Unit costs, Cancel training fix..

Greetings,

I noticed some things that are really stupid in the game... I was interested in confirming that Archers were good against ground troops... So, I went to the barracks and selected 'train' (it is the only 'help' in the game... for information about units.)... And clicked on Archers - which was about half way down... The game paused for a fraction of a second and I wasn't sure I had tapped it, so I tapped it again... RIGHT AS THE SCREEN SWITCHED!

Bingo! Training 933 archers! Awe, crud, the button for 'train' is right below the place I touched and I never intended to train ANY archers, let alone 933 of them.... Now, an archer requires:

200 stone (how much for all those? No clue by looking at the screen!)... OH, 186,600 - Enough to build level 1, 2, 3, and 4 (I think) Castle walls... For *archers*??? Enough stone for those archers to have 100,000,000 arrow heads (the only use for stone I can think of) to make 100m arrows... Enough for each to shoot 10K during their battles... (Seriously?) (Guesses here, but you get the idea)

AND 100 Ore (93,300 - Dang, that is a LOT of Metal.. I guess these guys are going out in Tanks! - Ah, bows don't use metal guys... Unless, of course, you aren't using Stone for the Arrow Heads...)

Well I screamed Yikes! And canceled the training - BEFORE IT EVEN HIT SPOT 1 IN THE QUEUE....

ZAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Now, I have 93K Less Stone, and 46K Less Ore..... Either that, or I train a crud load of archers (which will take forever - and will cost a fortune to feed)...

So, Suggestions:

1. Make the cost reasonable for the unit in question... 1 Stone for 1 Archer is reasonable.... (You still need Population, and Food to upkeep - both reasonable considerations!)... Consider WHAT is being made when assigning the costs.. What would Archers do with a Huge block of Stone? And do they need Metal? (Ok, maybe if they are armored, a small amount for the buckles or whatever on the leather armor...)

2. Allow the cancel option to work like this: It takes 1 minute to train 1 Archer. And costs (200) [Examples.] You start training 933 archers... This commits the resources for the training, and marks them as not available for anything else..... (as now).... You cancel before your archers are done... Say after 10 minutes, then you get 10 archers (those you have trained) and pay for them. The rest of the resources goes back to your funds. This is reasonable, because the cost of the training facilities has already been paid for, you are just paying for the ongoing supplies at this point.

In my case, I'd be able to not get screwed for my double tap...

3. As the units get finished/trained (maybe in batches) you get them. So, I'm training 933 archers, but seriously, not all at the same time... It is going to take 2 hours to do that because they can't all train at once... the place is only large enough to train 30 at one time, and that takes 5 seconds (or whatever)

Of course, the knights bonus is totally broken as well.... Click on the assign the 30th level knight to the training... Queue the training - 15% faster because this knight will be on the job.... And then quickly reassign the knight back to other duties.... 30 minutes later, when the training starts... Where is the knight? Drinking beer at the pub... So, why are these guys trained 15% faster? Oh, they were queued that way...

Also, because the training times are auto-recalculated when events happen, researching the 10% faster training does nothing to the guys in the queue...

-Modius (A half of a Peck :-) )
Working...
X