Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Corruptor's Gear Odds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruptor's Gear Odds

Now I realize their are many complaining threads on corruptor gear, but this thread is not a complaint it's merely an attempt to receive truth about this gear from the company.
    I have opened well over 100 pieces 99% of them the random buff is speed/load/troops just as many others confirm is what they also receive when opening this gear.
    I want to know truth about odds on this gear. Is it a extremely high odd to receive the worthless pieces with very low odds of receiving forgable pieces instead of "random" like the set is stated to be? Because if the set truly is "random" wouldn't the players who have opened 100's of pieces have a fairly even blend of all the stats?
    Some clarification on this would be great thanks Kabam. Sincerely, Sense

I think that releasing the real odds would be bad for business. By releasing info of these mythical pieces inspires lots of spending in hopes of getting one. "Just one more token chest, I'm due to win one in the next grand." Amirite?

Comment

The part that would make it bad for business would be if they falsely advertised them as "random" when in actuality they weren't and different pieces were set to different odds which seems to be the case.. Would like to hear input from Kabam on this so chime in please Kabam. I know large numbers of players interested in some info from the company also, other players like myself who have opened tons of this gear to get troop/speed/load unforgeable scrap. If they came forward with the truth I don't see where it would bad for biz, but it would allow customers to make better educated decisions on what gear they go after in ToM, tks, tat thons and maybe help others to not make the mistakes I've made pulling billions of might, training 100's of millions of might, and killing billions in attempt to collect a good piece of this gear to only be disheartened after using up all resources/troops/gems to open random speed/troop/load gear over and over again each time. Customers with high moral would be the best bet at residual income seems like CommonSense.

Comment

Well i don't think I've gemmed since Chaos. Random is not an inviting word for many logical thinkers.
        But has actually stopped my gemming entirely is their blatant lie claiming they are "random".
        Im sure I'm not the only one, just glad i haven't donated thru out the Corrupt/Fire/Arctic Scam.
        I would love to see Kabam make changes in the future to benefit their integrity only then would I consider paying again

Comment

Smart people will trip over this couple times, then they will avoid the particular chest. Then they realize that this kind of behaviour is everywhere in the game, and they will stop buying anything that doesn't give you guaranteed return. Eventually they might stop spending money on it, because ... well, they are smart Just like BeardBlah said over there. But that's smart people. Will the majority think rationally? Think of all the people who play lottery regularly, hoping that one day they would get rich, while their expected return is virtually zero. From that perspective, Kabam might actually be doing the right thing.

Of course they are making most people unhappy, alienating some. Which isn't good for the business. But I wouldn't even dare guessing what strategy would give them the highest return in the long run. When you say "it would allow customers to make better educated decisions", CommonSense, that's very true. But which business wants customers to make better educated decisions? The more confusion, the more money in the system.

Either way, one's certain - we will not get any info.

Comment

Originally posted by tempicek View Post
            Smart people will trip over this couple times, then they will avoid the particular chest. Then they realize that this kind of behaviour is everywhere in the game, and they will stop buying anything that doesn't give you guaranteed return. Eventually they might stop spending money on it, because ... well, they are smart Just like BeardBlah said over there. But that's smart people. Will the majority think rationally? Think of all the people who play lottery regularly, hoping that one day they would get rich, while their expected return is virtually zero. From that perspective, Kabam might actually be doing the right thing.

Of course they are making most people unhappy, alienating some. Which isn't good for the business. But I wouldn't even dare guessing what strategy would give them the highest return in the long run. When you say "it would allow customers to make better educated decisions", CommonSense, that's very true. But which business wants customers to make better educated decisions? The more confusion, the more money in the system.

Get that man a hammer, cause he nailed it.

Comment

Well I normally only read what you, and two others, write in forums here because of your stats understanding , but you definitely made the most sense about any business's goal. It's almost as if you read the article about pay to play games and how they rely on exploiting impulsive behavior. smart man on both side sof the coin. This is most certainly like MERLIN madness, simply screenshot the first reward and the background, play again and sheetshot again. Now any sane person would think, " I see 9 possibilities therefore the same possbilities will be constant". When you compare screenshots this is most certainly not the case. I imagine they don't want people with a know how
              Running simple Prop stats. Anywho, If temp were in horsa126 or whatever server we merged to, I'd open my 3 billion cold turkey (no Marshall) for your info. Give this man a cookie peeps - shake old merlin12
              psychological help

Comment

Originally posted by shakethebarley View Post
                Well I normally only read what you, and two others, write in forums here because of your stats understanding , but you definitely made the most sense about any business's goal. It's almost as if you read the article about pay to play games and how they rely on exploiting impulsive behavior. smart man on both side sof the coin. This is most certainly like MERLIN madness, simply screenshot the first reward and the background, play again and sheetshot again. Now any sane person would think, " I see 9 possibilities therefore the same possbilities will be constant". When you compare screenshots this is most certainly not the case. I imagine they don't want people with a know how
                Running simple Prop stats. Anywho, If temp were in horsa126 or whatever server we merged to, I'd open my 3 billion cold turkey (no Marshall) for your info. Give this man a cookie peeps - shake old merlin12
                Hahaha, that is really sweet I believe I actually am in that particular world, but you can keep your turkey, I haven't played the game in ages. I only crunch the numbers when there's the need for it.

BTW, speaking of Merlin, did you notice how the other revealed prizes don't represent the odds? So Kabam set different odds for you getting the item, and different odds for the item to show up among the nine. That way people get to see it every now and then and think - hey, it's there, and shows up often enough, i could totally get that. While in reality the odds are 1 in hundreds.

The one way us players could fight against it would be to pull all the data together, just like the communities do for any good PC game. Get 5000 samples of a chest, and you know pretty well what the expected outcome (and hence the price) of that thing is. But it has two issues:

1) This game has a very different community - people don't pull together. The algorithm would have to be very smart and filter out data from people who just want to screw up others.

2) It's hard to build statistics over a moving target. Kabam could change the odds on any item any day. (And they do do that - remember when Merlin Grab Bags were giving out 100 tokens almost regularly?) Don't think they'd be overly happy with a guide saying "only buy X at price Y."

Comment

Hahaha, that is really sweet I believe I actually am in that particular world, but you can keep your turkey, I haven't played the game in ages. I only crunch the numbers when there's the need for it.

BTW, speaking of Merlin, did you notice how the other revealed prizes don't represent the odds? So Kabam set different odds for you getting the item, and different odds for the item to show up among the nine. That way people get to see it every now and then and think - hey, it's there, and shows up often enough, i could totally get that. While in reality the odds are 1 in hundreds.

The one way us players could fight against it would be to pull all the data together, just like the communities do for any good PC game. Get 5000 samples of a chest, and you know pretty well what the expected outcome (and hence the price) of that thing is. But it has two issues:

1) This game has a very different community - people don't pull together. The algorithm would have to be very smart and filter out data from people who just want to screw up others.

2) It's hard to build statistics over a moving target. Kabam could change the odds on any item any day. (And they do do that - remember when Merlin Grab Bags were giving out 100 tokens almost regularly?) Don't think they'd be overly happy with a guide saying "only buy X at price Y."
                  . I don't think the odds are attainable through analysis, even with 100 relatively savy players combining numbers. The problem "I believe" is those stats aren't based on individual players or, possibly , individual servers. Im theorizing here but it would make sense from a programmers perspective to put less stress on system, thus having too many moving parts like you said isn't advantageous and having one "ticker" centrally based like one slot machine with 5000 users. The probability may be better than we think but you would have to forecast player usage down and up time and so on. This is all because I've noticed better payouts during what I beleive to be server downtown. Again, all theory and not worth the time to prove or disprove it. Anyway, I go up and down on crunching numbers on this game. Lately, trying to come up with the perfect battle algorithm but who knows........
                  psychological help

Comment

. I don't think the odds are attainable through analysis, even with 100 relatively savy players combining numbers. The problem "I believe" is those stats aren't based on individual players or, possibly , individual servers. Im theorizing here but it would make sense from a programmers perspective to put less stress on system, thus having too many moving parts like you said isn't advantageous and having one "ticker" centrally based like one slot machine with 5000 users. The probability may be better than we think but you would have to forecast player usage down and up time and so on. This is all because I've noticed better payouts during what I beleive to be server downtown. Again, all theory and not worth the time to prove or disprove it. Anyway, I go up and down on crunching numbers on this game. Lately, trying to come up with the perfect battle algorithm but who knows........
                    I'm not sure I get your point. Are you suggesting a central system that decides that contents of a box? If so, that would be complicated, and lead to the same results (same probability = same number of winners). Or did I misinterpret your idea? (how did you suggest you'd get better results during server downtime?)

As for obtaining the probabilities ... all depends on how many samples you have and big the chance is. If the odds are 0.00001%, you'd need a lot of samples to figure that out with any decent level of RELATIVE precision (relative to the probability itself). If the odds are close to 50%, then 100 samples is way enough (because the relative error will get tiny very quickly). If you're saying we are unable to determine the probability of the Millionaire chest dropping a million gems, then I agree. But from, say, 5000 samples, you get actually a pretty good picture of the average might of each box. Then you can stick a price tag to almost any box.

Comment

Just
                      I'm not sure I get your point. Are you suggesting a central system that decides that contents of a box? If so, that would be complicated, and lead to the same results (same probability = same number of winners). Or did I misinterpret your idea? (how did you suggest you'd get better results during server downtime?)

As for obtaining the probabilities ... all depends on how many samples you have and big the chance is. If the odds are 0.00001%, you'd need a lot of samples to figure that out with any decent level of RELATIVE precision (relative to the probability itself). If the odds are close to 50%, then 100 samples is way enough (because the relative error will get tiny very quickly). If you're saying we are unable to determine the probability of the Millionaire chest dropping a million gems, then I agree. But from, say, 5000 samples, you get actually a pretty good picture of the average might of each box. Then you can stick a price tag to almost any box.
                      I apologize as I'm much better at solving the problem than explaining the steps on how to solve a problem. The answer is yes, I think there is a chance to solve the problem, like you said .00001% needs a lot of samples. What I meant was, I don't believe each spin at lunettes wheel or choice at merlins madness is random or independent of all past spins. If they do have a random number generator, I believe it might reset with each spin on the server or internally, for example resetting each second and not based on player spins. its not like Vegas where slots are required to work independently as Kabam loves to quote their TOS, so who knows. All I think of is a probability example with rolling one piece of dice, except me rolling the dice is a figment of my imagination because other people are rolling the same dice but I can't see how many are rolling my dice simultaneously and the dice might have 20 sides instead of 6 that I can't see, all the while I can't figure out why I havent rolled a freaking six after 36 trys and above rolls joke I'm sure we could chat abou this all day long but if you could share the point where the added "winners" bonus in KOCs battle mechanics lies, that would rock this mother and let's call it a day boom done deal
                      psychological help

Comment

Just
                        I apologize as I'm much better at solving the problem than explaining the steps on how to solve a problem. The answer is yes, I think there is a chance to solve the problem, like you said .00001% needs a lot of samples. What I meant was, I don't believe each spin at lunettes wheel or choice at merlins madness is random or independent of all past spins. If they do have a random number generator, I believe it might reset with each spin on the server or internally, for example resetting each second and not based on player spins. its not like Vegas where slots are required to work independently as Kabam loves to quote their TOS, so who knows. All I think of is a probability example with rolling one piece of dice, except me rolling the dice is a figment of my imagination because other people are rolling the same dice but I can't see how many are rolling my dice simultaneously and the dice might have 20 sides instead of 6 that I can't see, all the while I can't figure out why I havent rolled a freaking six after 36 trys and above rolls joke I'm sure we could chat abou this all day long but if you could share the point where the added "winners" bonus in KOCs battle mechanics lies, that would rock this mother and let's call it a day boom done deal
                        As an edit to my post: if there is a random number generator, I don't believe the cost(time) is worth the benefit. Nothing is stopping KABAM from changing the rules. To be perfectly honest, myself and two others had MERLIN madness figured out at 60 something percent odds back in 2012 until they changed it. The thing is, it's like the beginning of the 1900s with the ole trust buster Roosevelt, these types of games have gone unregulated because they are new. The rules of marketing and business still apply, but no significant case has mandated they conform. So in the case of buying X you get Y, nothing stops them from changing X and Y or actually not offering X but A or B instead. The cost of undestanding the probability isn't worth it because they will simply change the rules at will. Companies like this can ride this horse for only so long, and who could blame them.
                        psychological help

Comment

The cost of undestanding the probability isn't worth it because they will simply change the rules at will.
                          Yup, that's what I mentioned in 2). Moving target is hard to map.

The rules of marketing and business still apply, but no significant case has mandated they conform. So in the case of buying X you get Y, nothing stops them from changing X and Y or actually not offering X but A or B instead.
                          Spot on. Eventually we'll force these companies to behave like other businesses, but it'll take some time still for the average gamer to grow and educate, and the general public be more aware.

I didn't respond on the previous post, because as you said - we could talk about that all day long, but it would all be just speculation anyway

Comment

My apology to CommonSense for steering away the thread.

(In my defense, Kabam really isn't gonna respond here )

Comment

Agreed. My apologizes too, common sense.
                              psychological help

Comment

Working...
                              X