Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Map update 17.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map update 17.3

What are people's thoughts on the new 3d map update? I liked the idea think at first glance it looks better, however I had hoped it would allow you to zoom out further. The difference between cities/camps and the markers on appear to be less obvious, these are my thoughts 1st glance more impressive but after playing with it for a while slightly harder to use, some in my world and alliance have stated they would prefer the old maps. what do you all think

Sorry Yeti, I posted my own criticism of the new 3D Map because I hadn't seen yours. You could have put a bit more profanity in the title In any case, here's my spiel, in case they decide to delete one of our posts:

Cons:

IMPOSSIBLE to see anything.
    Dismal load times.
    We didn't need the eye candy here. It's just aggravating the above two problems.
    The little marching soldiers are cute, but I'm pretty sure they're just killing my battery.

Pros:

You can finally zoom. Except that's not a pro, because now you still can't see anything. So what's the point?

Kabam,
    It seems as though your designers don't even play the game on the devices they make it for. I'd be willing to bet someone saw this displayed on a nice big monitor and thought "Yea, that's great. Do that." But you're forgetting the whole point of the world map. To quickly find and attack players and wilds. And I can't tell a grassland from a plain from the hills anymore. Let alone the difference between a pict camp and a castle.

This has got to go. Tell you what. Give us an option to switch between the two so the devs work doesn't go in vain. But keep the zoom.

Comment

Looking at it mine went up while you where typing. Just hoping to get lots of views on this to get a good picture of what players think.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOSEN_YETI View Post
        Looking at it mine went up while you where typing. Just hoping to get lots of views on this to get a good picture of what players think.
        The ability to zoom out is somewhat nice, but the fact that even when zoomed in, it is almost impossible to see if someone is hostile or friendly makes the functionality useless.

You need to fix being able to see the flags for friendlies and hostiles ASAP. This makes the map useless without being able to see this.

Comment

Kabam, the new map is a complete disaster. I am TRYING to play this game on an iPad Mini (Retina display) but it's pretty much impossivle. It is simply not possible to see what individual tiles are meant to be. If the map stays ANYTHING like the new form then this game will die - and this update will be the main reason. I hate to think what it will look like on a smartphone. Please revert back to the old map or just turn the servers off and be done with it.

Comment

Guys it's just cause we not used to it remember the chat it took us a few days to get used to it, the red and blue flag could be a little bigger but I think in a few days when we all used to it it will be better for you.

Comment

I been trying to farm and just plain carpet bomb my area for the past 2 hours trying to get used tot he map.

The new map SUCKS, can't tell the difference between the different wilds, the different cities and their level, Pic Camps look like player cities, and where are the blue flags, can't even see blue flags. I know casue I hit several and did not even know until after I say the report.

I am sure in time the map will start to become a normal thing, but I personally hate it as it sits now!!!!!! I like the idea of updated graphics, but PLEASE kabam just make some small tweaks to it and I think the map would be great.
              online printing

Comment

It's also the speed it downloads I'm happy to give it a go as ur right it is early days, however I think this could be one of those ideas that looks like a good one but isn't as good in practice, at the very least plains and grassland could do with making look more different back to a yellow for plains and also hills and mountains look similar.

Comment

I agree with the previous comments, playing on an iPhone is very difficult to see / comprehend what each wild is, add in the level and the map is then way to busy to understand. I'm all for change but it needs to be better than this.

Colour the tiles so we know what is plains, grasslands and hills

Clearly mark what is a pict camp and what are players cities

Red markers need to be much clearer.

North should be North, I have become slightly disorientated by this small switch.

Are there new players already? I have a few new farms near me now and the aren't names or from alliances that I have seen before?

While tweaking the map perhaps add a port here button on plains. I hate having to mentally note the map number to type into my port. Would be much easier and simpler to have a port here button. (I can post this part in ideas if that's needed)

Comment

Originally posted by BloodGnomes View Post
                    I been trying to farm and just plain carpet bomb my area for the past 2 hours trying to get used tot he map.

The new map SUCKS, can't tell the difference between the different wilds, the different cities and their level, Pic Camps look like player cities, and where are the blue flags, can't even see blue flags. I know casue I hit several and did not even know until after I say the report.

I am sure in time the map will start to become a normal thing, but I personally hate it as it sits now!!!!!! I like the idea of updated graphics, but PLEASE kabam just make some small tweaks to it and I think the map would be great.
                    Ya I think they will I don't have problem seeing the blue flags they in the top part of the city's but they could be bigger for sure,,I think a couple tweaks and it would be great to. Remember how badly people hated the new chat I mean everyone is used to it and fine now,I think in a week or so we will be used to it.

Comment

new map suck!!!!! no one like new map in my server. old map is better.pls bring old map back.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOSEN_YETI View Post
                        It's also the speed it downloads I'm happy to give it a go as ur right it is early days, however I think this could be one of those ideas that looks like a good one but isn't as good in practice, at the very least plains and grassland could do with making look more different back to a yellow for plains and also hills and mountains look similar.
                        I agree and I think its good we giving them this feed back so they see what tweaks need to be made to it. It's had to develop something perfect the first time so hopefully they can use this feed back to tweak it so it can be as good as it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Childlin View Post
                          new map suck!!!!! no one like new map in my server. old map is better.pls bring old map back.
                          Why dose it suck, what do you want tweaked about it? Just saying it sucks won't help a thing bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadiank View Post
                            Ya I think they will I don't have problem seeing the blue flags they in the top part of the city's but they could be bigger for sure,,I think a couple tweaks and it would be great to. Remember how badly people hated the new chat I mean everyone is used to it and fine now,I think in a week or so we will be used to it.
                            Maybe your eyes are better than mine Canadiank. I can not see them at all unless I am zoomed in. And even then, the flags are hard to differentiate.
                            The flags are the one item that should be glaringly obvious.

Having the cities all the same color and having to look at what the city looks like in order to get a feel for its approximate level is also a pain. You do still have the star to see if it has been elevated, but is was convenient before to just see the bright cities that were more built up when farming and not have to look that close to examine the city.

Overall it looks pretty at a glance, but functionally this is a big failure for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLip View Post
                              Maybe your eyes are better than mine Canadiank. I can not see them at all unless I am zoomed in. And even then, the flags are hard to differentiate.
                              The flags are the one item that should be glaringly obvious.

Having the cities all the same color and having to look at what the city looks like in order to get a feel for its approximate level is also a pain. You do still have the star to see if it has been elevated, but is was convenient before to just see the bright cities that were more built up when farming and not have to look that close to examine the city.

Overall it looks pretty at a glance, but functionally this is a big failure for me.
                              I agree it could use more colour to tell the diff between city's a little better.

Comment

Working...
                              X