Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Tips on how to play

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips on how to play

    Here are some tips for new players or even experienced players.

    #1- Barracks are key i currently have 16 barracks and can produce 4.5k tier 1 on 1 hour apx. 1k tier 3 in 5 hrs.

    #2-In first city food is crucial for our army so focus on farms instead of the other resources.

    #3-Wall defenses are useless, they are a waste of resources and time. Yes they train fast and increase your might at a good pace but i can send 60k tier 1 and take down over 100k wall.

    #4- Probably the most important thing in this game is your knight level, every gem you earn should go to increasing your might. For exp. A army of tier 1 with a high level knight can easily take down a tier 3 army.

    #5-When building second city focus on resources such as wood, stone, and ore. Not food, food you can focus on making in your first city.

    #6- Relief station is something you always need to have at a good level. Level 6 is a good apx level for everybody.

    #7- Embassy is a must if you are someone who loves to go to war. When you have multiple incoming armies you can be reinforced by your alliance and take out either all of the incoming atks or make sure to give them one heck of a fight.

    Thats all my tips for now. Have any more that i didnt post leave a comment and tell me what i missed. Thank you.

  • #2
    1) Agreed. Note that more barracks is more important than level of barracks. So build one to level 9 and the rest to level 1. Upgrade the others as you have time and resources.

    2) This isnt necessarily correct. Whichever city you keep your troops in should have no farms. The other city should be mostly farms. It doesn't matter whether it is your first or second city. Troops do not desert so there is no point feeding them. Hence keeping troops in the city where there are no farms becuase it then makes upkeep irrelevent.

    3) Wall defenses are not useless. People just do not understand how to use them. If you choose not to defend your wall then you will lose wall defenses easily and they are a waste in that scenario. If you defend with an adequate number of troops then wall defenses are considerably harder to destroy. You just have to ignore the bloated might values.

    4) Agreed. If you are going to buy gems then spend them on your knight and get one, at least, in each city to level 200+.

    5) See note 2. It depends on where you keep your troops. One city should be all wood, stone and ore and you keep troops in that city. The other should be mostly food. Note: This is just one way to do it. If you have multiple accounts then it is done differently. The only constant is never keep troops in a city where you have farms.

    6) Agreed. An essential building for a good and active alliance.

    7) Agreed. No point being in an alliance if you cant get reinforced and this is the building you need for that.

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with the majority of what you said runey, the only this i disagree upon is wall defenses. They may do damage and show a fierce might but when it comes down to it is it really worth it? The resources it takes to fully stock a lvl 9 wall is in the millions in resources. Yes it gives you almost a 2-3mil might increase but if you were to be attacked by somebody with a lvl 200+ knight they could easily take down that wall. Tier 1 with a high level knight is dangerously effective when it comes down to taking down walls. So I personally see no point in the building of a wall if people want to dump millions upon millions of resources into something it should be either into their allince to help other members out, or into troops. But this is only my opinion and many people may agree or disagree with me. Thank you for your reply.
      Aquagems

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Genuine31 View Post
        I agree with the majority of what you said runey, the only this i disagree upon is wall defenses. They may do damage and show a fierce might but when it comes down to it is it really worth it? The resources it takes to fully stock a lvl 9 wall is in the millions in resources. Yes it gives you almost a 2-3mil might increase but if you were to be attacked by somebody with a lvl 200+ knight they could easily take down that wall. Tier 1 with a high level knight is dangerously effective when it comes down to taking down walls. So I personally see no point in the building of a wall if people want to dump millions upon millions of resources into something it should be either into their allince to help other members out, or into troops. But this is only my opinion and many people may agree or disagree with me. Thank you for your reply.
        Priority should always be given to making troops. However my resource production far outstrips what I can train. My alliance does not need the resources either. So In that case I dont see building wall defenses as a waste of resources.

        I always defend and thats why I build wall defenses. I would rather lose fake might, ie wall defenses, than real might, ie troops, when I get attacked. An undefended lvl10 wall with full wall defenses, around 6 mill might, can be taken down for about 600k might. I did that to someone yesterdday. That same wall when defended takes several million might to knock down. Those several waves my enemy spends trying to get to my troops means they have less to defend themselves with whilst I have lost none of my offensive power. It just one way to play the game.

        Another is not to have wall defenses and to hide your troops. No one can touch you that way but of course you cant stockpile respurces.

        So walls when used properly can be useful. Its just that most people dont know how to use them or when it is appropriate to use them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by runey71 View Post
          Priority should always be given to making troops. However my resource production far outstrips what I can train. My alliance does not need the resources either. So In that case I dont see building wall defenses as a waste of resources.

          I always defend and thats why I build wall defenses. I would rather lose fake might, ie wall defenses, than real might, ie troops, when I get attacked. An undefended lvl10 wall with full wall defenses, around 6 mill might, can be taken down for about 600k might. I did that to someone yesterdday. That same wall when defended takes several million might to knock down. Those several waves my enemy spends trying to get to my troops means they have less to defend themselves with whilst I have lost none of my offensive power. It just one way to play the game.

          Another is not to have wall defenses and to hide your troops. No one can touch you that way but of course you cant stockpile respurces.

          So walls when used properly can be useful. Its just that most people dont know how to use them or when it is appropriate to use them.
          Hmmm that is one way to view it, i never had that perception on a wall in that way. That may have changed my view on a wall, for in my alliance we use a bank system where all extra supplies are stored at once city. This has many ups and downs for us, one major advantage is in time of war the person who has all resources can dove protect everything and still reinforce and receive alliances supplies. One of the major downfalls though i have found out is if you are scouted by someone in a good alliance they can attack you in numbers while asleep or while inactive and cant see the incoming attack. One thing that you said confused me though you say when you get attacked you have your troop on what? Are they hid or unhid? Are you saying that if you unhide your troops with a maxed wall the difference is damage taken is greatly changed?
          Aquagems

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Genuine31 View Post
            Hmmm that is one way to view it, i never had that perception on a wall in that way. That may have changed my view on a wall, for in my alliance we use a bank system where all extra supplies are stored at once city. This has many ups and downs for us, one major advantage is in time of war the person who has all resources can dove protect everything and still reinforce and receive alliances supplies. One of the major downfalls though i have found out is if you are scouted by someone in a good alliance they can attack you in numbers while asleep or while inactive and cant see the incoming attack. One thing that you said confused me though you say when you get attacked you have your troop on what? Are they hid or unhid? Are you saying that if you unhide your troops with a maxed wall the difference is damage taken is greatly changed?
            Yes when you have your troops unhid and your best knight set to thr marshall postion then wall defenses dramatically improve. For example I had a 12 mil might player send everythjng he had at me. I was 16 mil might at the time. He barely managed to get through my wall before he lost all his troops. So he lost 12 mil might worth of troops whilst I lost 5 mil might worth of wall and 1 mil might worth of troops. He made other tactical errors which contributed to that difference, ie low level knights. However if I was not defending he would of taken my wall on the first hit instead of needing 5 hits to drop it.

            Using banks can be problematic. Alliances tend to search for them. We found a bank a couple days ago and got 700mil res and 300mil gold from it. He wasnt defending though so it was cheap and easy to get to get through the wall. So if you are going to use a bank do it one of two ways.

            1) Use the biggest player younhave with the most wall defenses and reinforce him with everything you have. Hard to get through but if someone wants those res enough then you lose a lot defending them. oh and make sure he has troops unhidden and best knight set to marshal at all times.

            2) Create a small fake alliance with an alternate account and send them the res. They can send back as required or worse case scenario your own alliance members can attack them to get res. Most big players will ignore the tiny players in some insignificant alliance. The down side of this is the res are essentially uprotected and if found you lose themlot without a fight.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by runey71 View Post
              Yes when you have your troops unhid and your best knight set to thr marshall postion then wall defenses dramatically improve. For example I had a 12 mil might player send everythjng he had at me. I was 16 mil might at the time. He barely managed to get through my wall before he lost all his troops. So he lost 12 mil might worth of troops whilst I lost 5 mil might worth of wall and 1 mil might worth of troops. He made other tactical errors which contributed to that difference, ie low level knights. However if I was not defending he would of taken my wall on the first hit instead of needing 5 hits to drop it.

              Using banks can be problematic. Alliances tend to search for them. We found a bank a couple days ago and got 700mil res and 300mil gold from it. He wasnt defending though so it was cheap and easy to get to get through the wall. So if you are going to use a bank do it one of two ways.

              1) Use the biggest player younhave with the most wall defenses and reinforce him with everything you have. Hard to get through but if someone wants those res enough then you lose a lot defending them. oh and make sure he has troops unhidden and best knight set to marshal at all times.

              2) Create a small fake alliance with an alternate account and send them the res. They can send back as required or worse case scenario your own alliance members can attack them to get res. Most big players will ignore the tiny players in some insignificant alliance. The down side of this is the res are essentially uprotected and if found you lose themlot without a fight.
              Thank you i will take that advice and make sure to put it into effect. Thats good to know that is a major win taking on that much and still winning with only a loss of 5 mil might. When it came to the idea of reinforcing the bank with wall and troops unhid i have done that. For in my alliance i am the bank, only downfall i ever had is that i went to war and used a new battle strategy i devised. Where my alliance is set up in "communities" around the map at that time we had two communities each on the left on the right side of the map. We were few about 15 members going against 50 members, anyway we had our 3 strongest players send dummy attacks to some of their high mighted players we knew our attacks would fall against their high might but thats what we wanted. For we only attacked with one community while the other community reinforced the members attacking. So once they got our coords they sent their attacks only to fall to our vast amount of troops that was reinforcing our members. The downside to that battle plan is that we had so few members that the ones that were guarding me (the bank) had to recall and send to my members. Then while they were out guarding my other members they found me and wiped my bank out with a speed up before i could tele or dove out.
              Aquagems

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Genuine31 View Post
                Thank you i will take that advice and make sure to put it into effect. Thats good to know that is a major win taking on that much and still winning with only a loss of 5 mil might. When it came to the idea of reinforcing the bank with wall and troops unhid i have done that. For in my alliance i am the bank, only downfall i ever had is that i went to war and used a new battle strategy i devised. Where my alliance is set up in "communities" around the map at that time we had two communities each on the left on the right side of the map. We were few about 15 members going against 50 members, anyway we had our 3 strongest players send dummy attacks to some of their high mighted players we knew our attacks would fall against their high might but thats what we wanted. For we only attacked with one community while the other community reinforced the members attacking. So once they got our coords they sent their attacks only to fall to our vast amount of troops that was reinforcing our members. The downside to that battle plan is that we had so few members that the ones that were guarding me (the bank) had to recall and send to my members. Then while they were out guarding my other members they found me and wiped my bank out with a speed up before i could tele or dove out.
                Its a very similar system to what I use in my alliance. Most of the top alliances I know of use something like that. Sounds like you just didnt have enough players to defend all the key cities at once. I think we have all been caught out like that before. I know I have lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Food

                  Great thread, got lots of tips thanks. Howevere one thing I do not understand is the issue of troops not needing food. Early on in the thread you state that you should concentrate the troops where there is no farms and therefore no food. I understand that your food drops into negative balance if you cannot feed the troops but surely they must react (hypothetically) to not being fed???
                  ullu

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gouldy View Post
                    Great thread, got lots of tips thanks. Howevere one thing I do not understand is the issue of troops not needing food. Early on in the thread you state that you should concentrate the troops where there is no farms and therefore no food. I understand that your food drops into negative balance if you cannot feed the troops but surely they must react (hypothetically) to not being fed???
                    Not since the v4 update there is no longer troop desertion. So you can send all your troops to your other city that doesn't produce food and be negative as long as you want without any consequences. Hope this helps you.
                    Aquagems

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It helps a lot thanks. It is totally counter intuitive but explains why I keep bumping into players with 14m + might and not be able to understand how they can feed all those troops. I have been wasting my time trying to balance food and troop numbers.......sigh.
                      ullu

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Genuine31 View Post
                        Not since the v4 update there is no longer troop desertion. So you can send all your troops to your other city that doesn't produce food and be negative as long as you want without any consequences. Hope this helps you.
                        Many thanks it helps a lot.
                        ullu

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Could I also ask you to take a look at a thread I started about T3 troops?
                          ullu

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gouldy View Post
                            Could I also ask you to take a look at a thread I started about T3 troops?
                            yeah sure bro
                            Aquagems

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Troops Do not need food.

                              Originally posted by Gouldy View Post
                              Great thread, got lots of tips thanks. Howevere one thing I do not understand is the issue of troops not needing food. Early on in the thread you state that you should concentrate the troops where there is no farms and therefore no food. I understand that your food drops into negative balance if you cannot feed the troops but surely they must react (hypothetically) to not being fed???
                              Troops don't need food. They do not react. They do not die.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X