Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

2nd city rip off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd city rip off?

I really couldn't wait for the new version and a second city. It keeps you interested as you max out all the building areas in your city for a start. I eagerly downloaded the update to find that I have to buy a second city! 225 gems?! I think Kabam have been mesmerised by the revenue of in game purchasing, and it's going to kill off the iPhone version if they are not careful.

Of course you can get the crests, when released, from Pictish camps. You only need 100, and you are more likely to find them in higher lvl camps. Does this mean that we need to attack more than 100 camps for the crests to get a second city? I guess the game play of attacking others will go out the window, whilst everyone attacks camps instead.

Kabam, come on, think about the player in your updates a little, not just your own pockets.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I really couldn't wait for the new version and a second city. It keeps you interested as you max out all the building areas in your city for a start. I eagerly downloaded the update to find that I have to buy a second city! 225 gems?! I think Kabam have been mesmerised by the revenue of in game purchasing, and it's going to kill off the iPhone version if they are not careful.

Of course you can get the crests, when released, from Pictish camps. You only need 100, and you are more likely to find them in higher lvl camps. Does this mean that we need to attack more than 100 camps for the crests to get a second city? I guess the game play of attacking others will go out the window, whilst everyone attacks camps instead.

Kabam, come on, think about the player in your updates a little, not just your own pockets.
    Certainly by the sounds of it you will have to attack at least 100 times to get enough crests. Even if you assume best case scenario and you get a single crest every time you attack a level 10 pict then it is going to be an expensive exercise in troops to collect those crests. Since pict camps don't provide adequate resources to warrant attacking I suspect most people simply will not even try to get the required crests by attacking pict camps. If they cannot afford the 225 gems, or unwilling to spend that much, then most people probably wont ever have a 2nd city.

I certainly think Kabam need to look at how difficult it is going to be to get those crests. For the average player it will most likely be impossible.

Comment

I agree. It seems it will take ages to collect enough crests for the second city. I attacked 3 level seven pict camps and got a pitiful amount of resources. I lost over 2000 troops in the process (I am only using level 2 troops) Supposing I'm lucky and get a crest on the next attack I will have spent nearly 3000 troops on a single crest. At that rate, It'll cost way too much time training and hunting/attacking to be worth while.

In other games there is a way to earn premium currency (i.e. gems). For example, Battle Nations and Trade Nations from Tapjoy offer numerous deals for their premium currency by downloading other games or watching adverts. I cant see any way other then spending lots of real money on gems. This is something I cant really afford.

Comment

If you're willing to pay $20 now what is going to keep them from charging it for city 3,4,5. Are you willing to pay $80 for a sub par game with sub par support. I can understand paying that for a online game like modern warfare or wow. But not this game. Then you also have to pay $100 to get the gems to upgrade everything to lvl 10 in one city. So how much money are you going to throw away in a game that never really changes in the gameplay.

Comment

Welcome to capitalism

So you're upset because one of the new features costs gems to get it quicker? You have more stuff in v5 than v4 even without the city. It is capitalism. You can get $20 in 1 hour, just come mow my lawn. Unless you're just lazy and want everything handed to you.

Comment

So you're upset because one of the new features costs gems to get it quicker? You have more stuff in v5 than v4 even without the city. It is capitalism. You can get $20 in 1 hour, just come mow my lawn. Unless you're just lazy and want everything handed to you.
            Personally I am in no way upset. Overall v5 has many excellent improvements. I'm simply stating the free way to get the required crests seems somewhat excessive. Of course no one can farm for them yet and only time will tell if it turns out to be an acceptable way to obtain the 2nd city deed.

Comment

$20 for second city is absurd

If you want the casual user, and early players to recommend this feature it should be $1, nearly everyoone would buy a 2nd city. Then each city could cost a little more. But the cost curve went from free to $20, and that's not happening.

Comment

i will rate with 1 star in app store
                i am playing a lot of games which are
                at least as good as like this
                in no1 of them i will forced to spend cash

this is really ridicilous !!

spending cash for more cities max levels
                and so on is a shame
                whats the next ?
                to demand cash/gems for using chat ?

this wappen thing is really funny cause
                u will lose a lot might and time

Comment

also...

hey it said to even up your chances that the pictish camps spawn crests to upgrade the round tower...WTF is the round tower????

Comment

I think the $20 price is a little staggering to the casual user (everyone expected a price, but not $20). What makes this game interesting is the high participation rate of casual players. With this price tag, the separation between "casual" player and the "lifeless fools" that play this game 24-7 and spend money on gems to upgrade buildings to level 10 will only be a larger divide. The casual player will spend under $5-$10 for a signficiant enhancement in game experience, and still deal with glitches like lost troops and missing Kinght experience.

That is Capitalism...he/she with the best product sells the most goods. Most of us have $20 bucks to better spend elsewhere.

Comment

I think the $20 price is a little staggering to the casual user (everyone expected a price, but not $20). What makes this game interesting is the high participation rate of casual players. With this price tag, the separation between "casual" player and the "lifeless fools" that play this game 24-7 and spend money on gems to upgrade buildings to level 10 will only be a larger divide. The casual player will spend under $5-$10 for a signficiant enhancement in game experience, and still deal with glitches like lost troops and missing Kinght experience.

That is Capitalism...he/she with the best product sells the most goods. Most of us have $20 bucks to better spend elsewhere.
                      The diehard player will always have a huge advantage. This update allows the casual player with a little money to compete with the college students who can play for hours every day. I doubt the free experience will be changed even slightly by this. In fact the other free updates in v5 make the game even better. $20 isn't much to greatly enhance the experience sooner rather than later. Mow a lawn, rake some leaves, or skip Starbucks this week, but for the love of god stop complaining that the best part of the update costs money to get it sooner.

Comment

The diehard player will always have a huge advantage. This update allows the casual player with a little money to compete with the college students who can play for hours every day. I doubt the free experience will be changed even slightly by this. In fact the other free updates in v5 make the game even better. $20 isn't much to greatly enhance the experience sooner rather than later. Mow a lawn, rake some leaves, or skip Starbucks this week, but for the love of god stop complaining that the best part of the update costs money to get it sooner.
                        I don't know what world some of you live in, but in the one I live in, there is a global recession on. If $20 on a game is at the top of your priority list, then you are either lucky that the recession hasn't hit you, or you have your priorities wrong. Some of us work hard and can't justify spending that money on a 2nd city for a game. It's not a case of pay for it to get it quicker, it's the fact that to get it for free is virtually impossible, due to the losses incurred when hitting pictish camps means that training time and having to hit at least 100 camps, if you are 100% lucky, will take so much time that it makes it virtually impossible.

You will have those that can afford it and those that have to stay with one city. This will create a divide in might, and the ability to attack or defend. Once people realise that they will never be able to rank high in the might rankings, they will give up and the game will be used by those that can afford it only. Kabam will move onto another app and this one will be left to die. Seen it before and it wont be the last company to get greedy with in game purchasing. When you look at the price of a lot of items in the shop, everything is very dear for this type of game. Once the novelty of having the app on your phone instead of using it through facebook wares off, people will look else where.

By speaking up on here and people voicing their disappointment allows Kabam to listen and hopefully improve things to make the game fairer for everyone. It's not moaning about it, it's trying not to be a sap and just except something that's just not right.

Comment

AVAILABLE SOON - Obtain the required Crests by attacking Pictish Camps
                          You can gain Crests by successfully attacking level 6-10 Pictish Camps, you are more likely to find Crests in higher level Pictish Camps. You will need a total of 100 Second City Plans Crests to claim a Second City Deed.

Comment

I don't know what world some of you live in, but in the one I live in, there is a global recession on. If $20 on a game is at the top of your priority list, then you are either lucky that the recession hasn't hit you, or you have your priorities wrong. Some of us work hard and can't justify spending that money on a 2nd city for a game. It's not a case of pay for it to get it quicker, it's the fact that to get it for free is virtually impossible.
                            I live in the same world as you, and in my country, America the beautiful, the recession ended THREE YEARS AGO. Stop making excuses, stop playing games and do something to make your life better. You have enough money for Apple electronics and enough time to play games, so if the free content is not enough for you then stop whining and play another game.

Comment

I live in the same world as you, and in my country, America the beautiful, the recession ended THREE YEARS AGO. Stop making excuses, stop playing games and do something to make your life better. You have enough money for Apple electronics and enough time to play games, so if the free content is not enough for you then stop whining and play another game.
                              You need to realise there are countries outside the USA then, the world is still in a recession. All the people saying stop whinging just dont understand why people are raising this as an issue. As the poster said, it's not about free content, it's about making the game fair. It's going to be impossible for those that can't pay get a second city. SUrely it would have been better to have offered the second city free but you could pay for a two buildings to be built at the same time? The end result is achievable if you pay or not, the people that pay can just get there quicker and therefore have more opportunity to build might, rather than a huge divide being created?

Comment

Working...
                              X