Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Customer Delight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Delight

Dear Kabam Employees,

My name is Ralph and I am playing KoC for somewhat half a year now. I've seen lots of usefull innovations being introduced like the today's update regarding performance improvements, but on the other hand what you guys are doing is outrageous. Now, here is why.

KoC is obviously a free game with the possibility of buying ingame gems to further improve you cities/knights etcetera. Because people (as do I) do tend to pay (some money) for games like this, because the concept is solid or otherwise they just like the game, Kabam has an income. You seem to forget this aspect. Well, why is that?

There are some complaints most heard ingame:
    - T4: How can you introduce a new tier troop without sharing information regarding strenghts/weaknesses. To us, and it most likely is, it is just a sham. A way to earn quick money out of those bozo's who are willing to pay a few euro's/bucks for 'something new'. Reading the forum on practically a daily basis, the lack of information coming from the company Kabam is staggering. I've seen some testing reviews on the forum but nobody actually really knows what they are worth. Are you still busy implementing the strength/weaknesses of the tier 4 troops? TELL US! Tell us what you're doing!;
    - Bugs: Even though some bugs are fixed, compared with the performance improvements found in the update released today, the game is still buggy. 'Old' bugs are again appearing. Now talking about the "combat/fight/vechten" again getting stuck when attacking someone, getting triple reports when scouting, opening a report and the report getting stuck but seemingly you can still scroll somewhat 'scrolling the report double', raw materials not arriving after transport, when you farm multiple people shortly after another the independant blocks in the 'March' screen dissapear. The list goes on and on....;
    - Collecting gems: THE update improvement Kabams made during the last few months is the 'digging gems on wilds' enhancement. Well, say what? You let people dig for gems in wilds with what goal? The event regarding collecting gems and trading them for some items is long gone. Now you update the game to further improve that aspect of the game with wich you originally didn't do a lot with to begin with? What is the use of a 'smooth imperfect Ruby'??? Where is the information, delivered by Kabam regarding this this socalled 'great' new improvement of the game, posted? Why would I go dig for something I dont know what it's worth for? It's so typical of you way of handling a company;
    - Health bar knights: Why does Kabam again introduce a new game feature without any explanaition? Do knights die? According to my tests of today they dont, why then the new feature? What's the point? Is it to fill the screen? Give us info Kabam! ;
    - Updates in 'The Hobbit': It seems easy to integrate some new cool looking updates in the exact same game 'The Hobbit', for example integrating raw materials request in the alliance chat, while it seems so hard to implement the same new stuff in Camelot. It actually startles me.

So, to get back to the subject of this post... Customer Delight. actually, the only way you guys still have a company is because we like to play it. On the other hand, the only way you guys can keep this company running is by statisfying your current customers, us.
    The lack of information coming from Kabam is amazing. The lack of communication is ridiculous and enormously frustrating. For the sake of Kabam's future, and our level of entertaining, please fix this. The level of misgovernment is worriying. When you introduce a new game feature, and you are proud of it, explain to us the how's and what's. It's confusing and annoying for us to just try and see.

I would expect to receice a message from other KoC players in how far they agree with me on this stance. And gladly I would like to receive, finally, some sort of reaction from Kabam. Either from better communications or some response regarding my (our!) questions. Kabam, thanks for your time.

Yours sincerely,

VonRalph

Hi VonRalph,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed post. Your feedback is very appreciated. There has been a recent lack of communication on the KBN Forums and let this response be a step towards changing that.

Tier 4 Troops: Siege Towers are Ground Troops, Fire Ballista are Artillery Troops, and War Wagons are Horse. All Tier 4 Troops are 28 Might.

Bugs: Our Game Design Team is always working to optimize KBN and improve the quality of the game play. With every new release, we try to remove any discovered bugs. Player feedback is always necessary in communicating problems to the Game Design Team. As someone who has been playing the game for over a year, I'm sure you've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Our team is committed to make the game better with every release and we thank you for your patience during this process.

Collecting Jewels: The Jewel digging and crafting will be utilized in future Events and as way to strengthen your City & Knights. I apologize for the limited information regarding this feature at this time and will supply more details when they are available.

Health Bar Knights: No, Knights do not die. The new Knight Health Bar feature will be completely utilized in future versions where the stats of your Knights can be influenced by jewels. More information will be released in upcoming releases.

The Hobbit Alliance Feature: This feature will be available in a future version of KBN. We were hoping to have that feature available in V12, but its development is not ready yet. We are excited to bring this feature to KBN and hope the Players are too.

Information and communication is key in maintaining a healthy relationship between our Players and the people behind each game. We value all of our Players and are committed to improving the dialogue within the KBN Community. I am happy to answer additional questions and will do so in as much capacity as I am available.

Many thanks,
    Colin

Comment

Hi Colin,

Thank you for your detailed reply. It is much appreciated.
      I'm glad to hear that Kabam recognizes these issues/problems and will take actions following suit. It would be good too, like practically every major gaming company nowadays does, give players some insight in upcoming adjustments and let the gaming community decide whether they 'like it' or 'dislike it'. Obviously you don't have to give away the entire package, but some improvements are good to be discussed (like Creative Assembly does with their Total War Series as giving an example). That would futher positively improve the game for the reason the game is built and designed for us. Though I do have some further questions:

- Will T4 also be available for training? If so, can you give an estimate on when this will be implemented in the game and possibly some insight in the how (baracks lvl 10 etc)?
      - Doesn't the emphasis on the wilds exploring/gems searching business shift the goal of the game to doing research instead of delivering combat? Why is chosen for that route?

Furthermore, I again would like to thank you for your response.

Greetings,
      VonRalph

Comment

Hi Colin.
        I hope that you will answer my question here.
        Why android users aren't treated equal to iOS players? It's simply unfair.
        We pay the same prizes for gems, we battle on the same rules, so we want to have updates at the same time!
        I know that iOS players haven't got Christmas decorations from some time so it's look like android didn't get one of recent updates.

It's really shame Kabam!

Comment

Well VonRalph those are some good question's and i am glad to see that Kabam is finally responding to some questions asked bye the players.
          But the way i see things about the new jews is that they are useless untill V13. Becouse our dear Colin just said that you could use the gems to strengthen your knights but there is no way you can do this in this version.. Sorry to say this but if this is the case then the only new thing about this update is the removal of the bugs and the "let it snow" riddle.

Comment

Exactly DrPhill, thank you for your response because that is partly what I was trying to say in the first post.

Why does Kabam implement new features into a game which dont work, or aren't of any use (yet)?

It gives the impression of lacking any vision for the future or some solid plan. Only disadvantaging themselves by players being dissapointed for not getting any rewards through putting effort into some aspect of the game that doesn't work.

Comment

A very good point à great letter, VonRalph. I totaly agree!
              Could have been à better, more complete answer tho.
              Grtz princess of Dragonstone

Comment

Thnx VonRalph, hopefully they at kabam take this letter very serious! Very well written and explained. I agree completely Grtz Latium of Dragonstone
                Womens Fall / Winter Boots Michael Kors

Comment

- Will T4 also be available for training? If so, can you give an estimate on when this will be implemented in the game and possibly some insight in the how (baracks lvl 10 etc)?
                  Yes, there is a plan to eventually make T4 Troops trainable through the Barracks (most likely Level 10 required). There is not a set date for the feature to be implemented. It will most likely be a couple of versions from now.

- Doesn't the emphasis on the wilds exploring/gems searching business shift the goal of the game to doing research instead of delivering combat? Why is chosen for that route?
                  The addition of surveying jewels is to add another facet to the game for Players to engage in. This feature will be used to enhance combat by eventually influencing the strength of your City or Knights.

- Why android users aren't treated equal to iOS players? It's simply unfair.
                  At the moment, each platform has different development timelines. V12 for Android was slated to be released today, but was delayed due to some complications. There is big push internally at Kabam to have iOS and Androids released on the same date. I anticipate that this will be achieved in future versions.

-Why does Kabam implement new features into a game which dont work, or aren't of any use (yet)?
                  The release of the surveying/jewels feature if functional now and can give Players a head start in becoming versed in that action. Jewels collected now will be valuable to Player's when the feature is complete.

Comment

Vonralph, well done, it seems finaly, finally, someone has managed a response out of kabam. I think many totally agree with what you had said and the questions raised.i would like to say though colin, you havent given an explanation as to why kabam have ailed to give information and answerr problems before now.

All i have found with the new version is the new features which are currently useless, and even more bugs han v11 with none of the v11 bugs fixed, i am having the same problems and more now. Do your development team truly know what they are doing?

And the t4 answers arent good enough, they have been for sale only and out of the reach of many for FAR too long. It will be christmas before ou really ive them out ay.

Stop giving stupid events to earn oney for our no doubt overinflated wages and try more on giving us features we want, and fixing the game.

Everything is always 'eventually' or 'more info when its available', why isnt the information available BEFORE the introduction. Feeble kabam. It truly is feeble. At least you have finally started to bother answer people, thats at least ONE step in the right rdirection...

Comment

Working...
                    X