Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Purgatory Pros and Cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purgatory Pros and Cons

Some of the things I'd like to point out. Imperial guardians showing up....thousands of noob accounts created to hit for resource...alliance tourneys for trophys. I'd also like a moderator to respond in this discussion.

Originally posted by Taberius View Post
    Some of the things I'd like to point out. Imperial guardians showing up....thousands of noob accounts created to hit for resource...alliance tourneys for trophys. I'd also like a moderator to respond in this discussion.
    Tbh I liked the alliance comps (even though we were normally only in the 10-25 bracket) and feel if there was another event like this I would like to see these events return, maybe with the addition of a tk event as long as the alliances can be locked down to prevent players dropping to be hit. The mercenary units showing up wasn't good and there needs to be a way of stopping new users, either blocking them and purgatory becomes invite only or possibly use a link in a similar way to the world mergers only for accounts that are active and built say 4 weeks before the event starts. I wasn't a fan of the heros in purgatory and feel the server wasn't really up to the task and would need to be more powerful.

All that said I think it was a very good compertion, very active, much better comp for trophy lengths 6 hours means you can have a sleep! The hardcore element kept the fighting going that is missing from a lot of worlds. On the whole very enjoyable I would re name this thread what could be done differently or better, far more good than bad in purgatory.

Comment

Purgatory feedback

Ok, let me state one thing first - the event was a BLAST! I hadn't played KoC for a long long time, came back to try this, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Big thanks to all the players who played nice and contributed to this fun. Big props to Wallstreet, you guys had it going!

Here's my feedback, good and bad:

GOOD
      1. The overall setup for the server was good. The changes from the standard that you have made were all good IMO (so I won't be stating them one by one), unless I point them out in the BAD section below.
      2. The gear chosen was good, and served in good pace. There was some room for strategizing whether to go for attack or life, or even troop count (speed not so much) on one's setup. I have always wanted some balancing to be present in that, there is none in the nornaml servers. You should take from that and find a way how gear could be more strategic generally, rather than "max your attack" or "max your life".
      3. The initial hero selection was good. Having Erec gave the extra little edge to attack.
      4. It was good to have 6hour events for trohpies, not the usual 3hour ones.
      5. Making the difference between normal TaT and trophy TaT obvious in the name was a good choice. The leaderboards had a real time update and the categories were clear and visual. Good job.
      6. Stealing people's valor was nice, and a good balance on the caps (5000 to steal, 3500 to lose was it?)
      7. I liked that the general gap between a gemmer and a non-gemmer was way lower. With the abundance of ports I could farm and kill around without being zeroed, and even compete for the highest spots for the most part. The odd wheel and the girl heroes (see below) were the only things that threw it off I think.
      8. I really liked the use of the valor as currency, so that you could buy anything in the Round Tower. Great system. The only thing that was really annoying was that there were so many items, that scrolling was just pain. Split it somehow next time, or bump the new and most used stuff to the top.
      9. The prizes. For once the prizes were worth competing for (but see below).

BAD
      1. The server glitches were awful. Farming for hours and then losing all your rss in a batch that never shows up is so frustrating. And having your knight and army locked up in timespace during the only time of day when you can actually play is no fun either. My guess is a problem with server load, but whatever it is, you have to work that out before doing another event. I'm serious, this drove many people crazy to the point of nearly giving up.
      2. Details have to be super clear before the event and should not change. If they do, people should get informed. In particular, there should have been a very clear message on which gear will be available and WHEN. The WHEN is super important for nongemmers. People were super upset to see the Celtic gear in the wheel, brought a lot of unnecessary emotions. If everyone knew what was coming, noone would say a thing.
      3. There shouldn't have been any trophies in the alli events. First off, you originally stated there wouldn't. Secondly, you didn't differentiate between the events, so people might not even notice. We wouldn't need to send alliwide mails for it. Finally, it doesn't seem right. People in the top alliances have a good advantage already by getting more trophies. That should be their reward for being there, and should help them get higher using their skills. Rewarding trophies for it is wrong. How many was it? 10-15 events like that? So some fine player in #30 alli might have lost 200-300 trophies to his competitors? Also, you rewarded alli toms, but not TKs???
      4. Build times. You lowered it to 10s, that's not enough. Building up our cities took an awful amount of time. Over 70 buildings * 9 levels * 10 seconds * 5 cities ~= 10 hours. Is that what you wanted people to spend on it? It should have been instantenious, period. Let people build and rebuild as they see fit.
      5. Adding the girl heroes at the end was a bit of a stretch. I understand you wanted some extra income from the last 3 days, but I'm sure something less powerful could be found (big spender has both the renown and speedups to make sure he incurs very little loss, if any, on the small targets).
      6. Prizes. Omg, you did it again? Higher rank (gem, platinum) gives you a worse prize (kinda) than gold? This has been said so many times on previous seasons - all tiers should get all the prizes of the lower ones, and then some. Don't just assume what a player might find of a better value, simply give him everything the guys below him have, and add more. That simple. (sorry for the negative tone here, but how many times does it have to be said?)
      7. The event was too long. It was great fun, but too hard to do for 3 weeks. Near anyone that I talked to was fine to call it a quit after two weeks. Maybe think about a system which wouldn't require people to compete all the time. Maybe three 8 hours events every day (both TaTs and TKs overlap so everything counts) and you get rewarded only for the 2 best scores out of the 3? Would be difficult to comprehend for many I guess, but try find something. We have things in our lives - family, work etc. - that we need to keep rolling, and then not sleeping is the only solution to compete. Not good. Nooooot gooooood.
      8. At the beginning, it felt like many old things that never got reviewed in the modern form of the game, started to make sense - rss rewards in lvl up chests, quests etc. But it stopped making sense on like day #2. You really need to go back to the drawing board and rethink a lot of the stuff that's been in the game since the beginning and completely lost purpose. No RSS reward in the game is currently appropriate.
      9. Prize claiming. Next time you should make the trophies be added to your account automatically, not based on claiming rewards from comps. That way everyone would always know where they are standing, and would not lose trophies because they were unable to get on.

Giving out goodies in the mail to everyone was nice. I liked the fact that for Divine/Wisdom, the first gear set was cheaper, but if gemmers wanted another one, they had to pay more. Maybe make it even more accessible next time (so give away a half or 2/3 of the items needed to get the gear). However, the valor in mail wasn't the best move, as it produced a lot of alt harvesting. Next time give out only stuff that can't be abused from another account.

There is a major issue with the map, but that's not unique to the Purgatory - it's not, clear, and it's SUPER slow. In fact, the whole game is way slower than I remember it. On my phone it sometimes takes seconds to just switch from one screen to another. Sending out marches slows it down to almost a halt. For no good reason, the map is awful! Bad for any world, devastating in Purgatory. Oh, and the scouts! How is it possible the scouts haven't been fixed yet? So frustrating to only receive half of the scout reports. Or to waste a speedup on it and not get a report (report that comes 2 hours after the fight isn't very useful).

Overall, great event. The one real bad thing that was killing it were the glitches. And not just those most mentioned ones, but also the items randomly appearing in people's inventories (troops, jewels..), or a disappearance of the daily cap on people's valor gain from attacking players.

Thanks to all contributing. It was fun!

tempicek

Comment

build time was actually fine, with lv215 knight it become 5s instead of 10s, plus if u have research to lv10, it goes to 3s.
        so u only need 3s per building for lv1, then use acceleration to go all the way to lv9. Its pretty simple and fast, at least this is what i did with all my cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiffyy View Post
          build time was actually fine, with lv215 knight it become 5s instead of 10s, plus if u have research to lv10, it goes to 3s.
          so u only need 3s per building for lv1, then use acceleration to go all the way to lv9. Its pretty simple and fast, at least this is what i did with all my cities.
          I did not realize research lowers it further than 5 secs. Thought 5 was the max. Acceleration was really useful. My 3rd n 4th city was 90% acceleration. The only pain was building the first 3. Are you babytiffy with that Chinese worded alliance?

Comment

Originally posted by Henry_G18 View Post
            I did not realize research lowers it further than 5 secs. Thought 5 was the max. Acceleration was really useful. My 3rd n 4th city was 90% acceleration. The only pain was building the first 3. Are you babytiffy with that Chinese worded alliance?
            yes I'm BabyTiffy

Comment

yes I'm BabyTiffy
              Why didn't you reply to your whisper?? we we're planning a zero party on you for the final tk

Comment

Originally posted by Henry_G18 View Post
                Why didn't you reply to your whisper?? we we're planning a zero party on you for the final tk
                i didnt log on purgatory after i claim all my trophies, im on world 140 now you are welcome to visit haha

Comment

i didnt log on purgatory after i claim all my trophies, im on world 140 now you are welcome to visit haha
                  Well there were trophies for the final TK but you just ignored my whisper I'll be a genuine NewUser over there in 140 so nahh :P

Comment

Correct, but you don't have accelerators without gems, you also don't have lvl 215 knight anywhere but your main city without gems, and you don't get the lvl 10 research without gems before city 3 (I still don't have the lvl 10 research). So yes, your mileage may vary, but as long as the build isn't instantaneous, it's not right, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by tempicek View Post
                      Ok, let me state one thing first - the event was a BLAST! I hadn't played KoC for a long long time, came back to try this, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Big thanks to all the players who played nice and contributed to this fun. Big props to Wallstreet, you guys had it going!

Here's my feedback, good and bad:

GOOD
                      1. The overall setup for the server was good. The changes from the standard that you have made were all good IMO (so I won't be stating them one by one), unless I point them out in the BAD section below.
                      2. The gear chosen was good, and served in good pace. There was some room for strategizing whether to go for attack or life, or even troop count (speed not so much) on one's setup. I have always wanted some balancing to be present in that, there is none in the nornaml servers. You should take from that and find a way how gear could be more strategic generally, rather than "max your attack" or "max your life".
                      3. The initial hero selection was good. Having Erec gave the extra little edge to attack.
                      4. It was good to have 6hour events for trohpies, not the usual 3hour ones.
                      5. Making the difference between normal TaT and trophy TaT obvious in the name was a good choice. The leaderboards had a real time update and the categories were clear and visual. Good job.
                      6. Stealing people's valor was nice, and a good balance on the caps (5000 to steal, 3500 to lose was it?)
                      7. I liked that the general gap between a gemmer and a non-gemmer was way lower. With the abundance of ports I could farm and kill around without being zeroed, and even compete for the highest spots for the most part. The odd wheel and the girl heroes (see below) were the only things that threw it off I think.
                      8. I really liked the use of the valor as currency, so that you could buy anything in the Round Tower. Great system. The only thing that was really annoying was that there were so many items, that scrolling was just pain. Split it somehow next time, or bump the new and most used stuff to the top.
                      9. The prizes. For once the prizes were worth competing for (but see below).

BAD
                      1. The server glitches were awful. Farming for hours and then losing all your rss in a batch that never shows up is so frustrating. And having your knight and army locked up in timespace during the only time of day when you can actually play is no fun either. My guess is a problem with server load, but whatever it is, you have to work that out before doing another event. I'm serious, this drove many people crazy to the point of nearly giving up.
                      2. Details have to be super clear before the event and should not change. If they do, people should get informed. In particular, there should have been a very clear message on which gear will be available and WHEN. The WHEN is super important for nongemmers. People were super upset to see the Celtic gear in the wheel, brought a lot of unnecessary emotions. If everyone knew what was coming, noone would say a thing.
                      3. There shouldn't have been any trophies in the alli events. First off, you originally stated there wouldn't. Secondly, you didn't differentiate between the events, so people might not even notice. We wouldn't need to send alliwide mails for it. Finally, it doesn't seem right. People in the top alliances have a good advantage already by getting more trophies. That should be their reward for being there, and should help them get higher using their skills. Rewarding trophies for it is wrong. How many was it? 10-15 events like that? So some fine player in #30 alli might have lost 200-300 trophies to his competitors? Also, you rewarded alli toms, but not TKs???
                      4. Build times. You lowered it to 10s, that's not enough. Building up our cities took an awful amount of time. Over 70 buildings * 9 levels * 10 seconds * 5 cities ~= 10 hours. Is that what you wanted people to spend on it? It should have been instantenious, period. Let people build and rebuild as they see fit.
                      5. Adding the girl heroes at the end was a bit of a stretch. I understand you wanted some extra income from the last 3 days, but I'm sure something less powerful could be found (big spender has both the renown and speedups to make sure he incurs very little loss, if any, on the small targets).
                      6. Prizes. Omg, you did it again? Higher rank (gem, platinum) gives you a worse prize (kinda) than gold? This has been said so many times on previous seasons - all tiers should get all the prizes of the lower ones, and then some. Don't just assume what a player might find of a better value, simply give him everything the guys below him have, and add more. That simple. (sorry for the negative tone here, but how many times does it have to be said?)
                      7. The event was too long. It was great fun, but too hard to do for 3 weeks. Near anyone that I talked to was fine to call it a quit after two weeks. Maybe think about a system which wouldn't require people to compete all the time. Maybe three 8 hours events every day (both TaTs and TKs overlap so everything counts) and you get rewarded only for the 2 best scores out of the 3? Would be difficult to comprehend for many I guess, but try find something. We have things in our lives - family, work etc. - that we need to keep rolling, and then not sleeping is the only solution to compete. Not good. Nooooot gooooood.
                      8. At the beginning, it felt like many old things that never got reviewed in the modern form of the game, started to make sense - rss rewards in lvl up chests, quests etc. But it stopped making sense on like day #2. You really need to go back to the drawing board and rethink a lot of the stuff that's been in the game since the beginning and completely lost purpose. No RSS reward in the game is currently appropriate.
                      9. Prize claiming. Next time you should make the trophies be added to your account automatically, not based on claiming rewards from comps. That way everyone would always know where they are standing, and would not lose trophies because they were unable to get on.

Giving out goodies in the mail to everyone was nice. I liked the fact that for Divine/Wisdom, the first gear set was cheaper, but if gemmers wanted another one, they had to pay more. Maybe make it even more accessible next time (so give away a half or 2/3 of the items needed to get the gear). However, the valor in mail wasn't the best move, as it produced a lot of alt harvesting. Next time give out only stuff that can't be abused from another account.

There is a major issue with the map, but that's not unique to the Purgatory - it's not, clear, and it's SUPER slow. In fact, the whole game is way slower than I remember it. On my phone it sometimes takes seconds to just switch from one screen to another. Sending out marches slows it down to almost a halt. For no good reason, the map is awful! Bad for any world, devastating in Purgatory. Oh, and the scouts! How is it possible the scouts haven't been fixed yet? So frustrating to only receive half of the scout reports. Or to waste a speedup on it and not get a report (report that comes 2 hours after the fight isn't very useful).

Overall, great event. The one real bad thing that was killing it were the glitches. And not just those most mentioned ones, but also the items randomly appearing in people's inventories (troops, jewels..), or a disappearance of the daily cap on people's valor gain from attacking players.

Thanks to all contributing. It was fun!

tempicek
                      So in summary, all the good points relate to a different game on a different server and all the bad points could have been written before Purgatory started as they were exactly what you would have expected from the Dev team.

Whilst it's good that some players enjoyed Purgatory, it's a great shame that more effort wasn't put into the existing game IMO.
                      http://fbwhatsapquotes.com/propecia-online/

Comment

I do agree to tempicek (mostly)

I want to add the following things.
                        The biggest problem was the lack of resources in one hand, and the creativity of users in other. These players had the same problem as I had: they needed more resources. What did they do: They created an alt-account.
                        They received 85 gems: they bought valors with it. They received a starters kit with 25000 valors. And they could open the first day of the calender (7500 valors). With these valors they bought the resources chest of 999 gems.
                        That are a lot of resources. They opened all boxes and then attacked the alt with their own account.
                        Afterwards the alt-account was dumped and they started again. For many times each day.

In Dutch we have a nice saying: "To tie the cat to the bacon"
                        In English something like : "give the devil an inch and he will make a mile" (Yes I used google :P)
                        And that was what people were doing for 3 weeks.

It is almost impossible to stop this completely, but with some extra rules it would be less fruitful next time.

I would suggest the following rules/changes:

* Only accounts created before the event is communicated are welcome in the new world. This would have as result that players only can use their old alt-accounts (like bank-accounts), mostly they already used their free given gems.

* Don't give valors automatically when starting (start chest) -> give valors for reaching lvl 10 - 15 - 25 - 50. This won't stop alt creation, but the work would be a bit harder!

* First day of calender: give the start chest, instead of valors. If someone wants to create one or two alts: be my guest. But they would only get valors as of day two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cicero_Ector123 View Post
                          I do agree to tempicek (mostly)

I want to add the following things.
                          The biggest problem was the lack of resources in one hand, and the creativity of users in other. These players had the same problem as I had: they needed more resources. What did they do: They created an alt-account.
                          They received 85 gems: they bought valors with it. They received a starters kit with 25000 valors. And they could open the first day of the calender (7500 valors). With these valors they bought the resources chest of 999 gems.
                          That are a lot of resources. They opened all boxes and then attacked the alt with their own account.
                          Afterwards the alt-account was dumped and they started again. For many times each day.

In Dutch we have a nice saying: "To tie the cat to the bacon"
                          In English something like : "give the devil an inch and he will make a mile" (Yes I used google :P)
                          And that was what people were doing for 3 weeks.

It is almost impossible to stop this completely, but with some extra rules it would be less fruitful next time.

I would suggest the following rules/changes:

* Only accounts created before the event is communicated are welcome in the new world. This would have as result that players only can use their old alt-accounts (like bank-accounts), mostly they already used their free given gems.

* Don't give valors automatically when starting (start chest) -> give valors for reaching lvl 10 - 15 - 25 - 50. This won't stop alt creation, but the work would be a bit harder!

* First day of calender: give the start chest, instead of valors. If someone wants to create one or two alts: be my guest. But they would only get valors as of day two.
                          Why didn't you just do the same thing then ?

Comment

I agree...scouting was terrible. You could almost count on it taking 2-3 times scouting the same city before you got a report. Great early warning for the defender.

Comment

Originally posted by _Gr8_ View Post
                              Why didn't you just do the same thing then ?
                              I tried it once with an old bank account. It didn't feel right
                              But I am not angry about it, Kabam made it possible, so why should I say anything about it afterwards? But with my suggestions we could make it a bit more difficult next time. Do you have a problem playing without alts?

Comment

Working...
                              X