Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Inaccurate updates of Tier leaderboard for last 36 hours of Season 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Blood Core Brain View Post
    If it's near impossible throbo , why even have a leaderboard? What is the leaderboard for if not to show you an accurate representation of the standings at that time? Is it not important at the end of a 4,6,8,24 or 48 hour comp at the final update before the end of a comp to determine to whether to go for a certain spot or how much to put in ? If your answer is yes on a regular comp, then the significance of needing one in a 3 week comp is tenfold!
    Im sure you'll also defend the fact that they had over 2k trophies unpaid for days having absolutely nothing to do with waking up and clicking on your prize! Just wondering? Do u work for Kabam?
    Honestly one of the flaws of having such a tournament is the updates of rankings. I've mentioned it during the closing of season 1 itself. Firstly it is the fact that Kabam either won't or do not have the capability to provide real time updates on the trophy counts. Even an update of an hour or two would be a huge help towards all the players. However, as mentioned by GM Rukkirii, Kabam might lack necessary tools to provide this.

    Secondly, the fact that the way prizes ( trophies ) are paid out ( need to claim it yourself ) makes it nearly impossible to provide an accurate and true trophy count of each player. For a leaderboard to have an accurate reading, every player must have redeem their trophies before the trophies are tabulated. However, this will almost never be the case.

    However, what I'm stating above does not absolve Kabam from the fact that other players have gotten 400 trophies as compensation while I have only gotten 200 trophies which thus kicked me out of platinum level by 20 trophies.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Blood Core Brain View Post
      If it's near impossible throbo , why even have a leaderboard? What is the leaderboard for if not to show you an accurate representation of the standings at that time? Is it not important at the end of a 4,6,8,24 or 48 hour comp at the final update before the end of a comp to determine to whether to go for a certain spot or how much to put in ? If your answer is yes on a regular comp, then the significance of needing one in a 3 week comp is tenfold!
      Im sure you'll also defend the fact that they had over 2k trophies unpaid for days having absolutely nothing to do with waking up and clicking on your prize! Just wondering? Do u work for Kabam?

      Standard response from someone posting on the forum and not hearing back what they want to hear. "Do you work for Kabam?"... Ha ha ha lmao.... Yes actually I do. And I placed top 5 in the season 2 comp and I get all free stuff, gear and gems and I can fix the system.... Is that what you wanted to hear?

      Just because someone disagrees with you you feel the need to start throwing accusations around and insulting people....

      Grow up and deal with the fact you didn't finish where you wanted to and it was noone else's fault but yours. If your not happy with things just quit. Be one less person whining in the forums about how Kabam cheated them out of there god given right to win something they didn't.
      Room Service CBD

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by throbo View Post
        Standard response from someone posting on the forum and not hearing back what they want to hear. "Do you work for Kabam?"... Ha ha ha lmao.... Yes actually I do. And I placed top 5 in the season 2 comp and I get all free stuff, gear and gems and I can fix the system.... Is that what you wanted to hear?

        Just because someone disagrees with you you feel the need to start throwing accusations around and insulting people....

        Grow up and deal with the fact you didn't finish where you wanted to and it was noone else's fault but yours. If your not happy with things just quit. Be one less person whining in the forums about how Kabam cheated them out of there god given right to win something they didn't.
        Mate let me buy you a beer! Best post all week. The excuses that players make for some things are just crazy.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Henry_G18 View Post
          Honestly one of the flaws of having such a tournament is the updates of rankings. I've mentioned it during the closing of season 1 itself. Firstly it is the fact that Kabam either won't or do not have the capability to provide real time updates on the trophy counts. Even an update of an hour or two would be a huge help towards all the players. However, as mentioned by GM Rukkirii, Kabam might lack necessary tools to provide this.

          Secondly, the fact that the way prizes ( trophies ) are paid out ( need to claim it yourself ) makes it nearly impossible to provide an accurate and true trophy count of each player. For a leaderboard to have an accurate reading, every player must have redeem their trophies before the trophies are tabulated. However, this will almost never be the case.

          However, what I'm stating above does not absolve Kabam from the fact that other players have gotten 400 trophies as compensation while I have only gotten 200 trophies which thus kicked me out of platinum level by 20 trophies.
          Kaban do have the ability to provide real time updates to the rankings. They managed it in the past and during the campaign KT - my guess is people use more boxed troops than then need to and therefore have to buy more. If the infrequency of updates has improved gem sales there's no chance of it changing.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Havent_a_clue View Post
            Kaban do have the ability to provide real time updates to the rankings. They managed it in the past and during the campaign KT - my guess is people use more boxed troops than then need to and therefore have to buy more. If the infrequency of updates has improved gem sales there's no chance of it changing.
            Real time updates on campaign KT are only world specific. The mechanics to update each world and tally all the worlds together could different and more complicated. Now I'm not saying that they don't have the resources to do it but you need to look at my 2nd point as well. Players do not claim their trophies at the same time so it's quite impossible to provide an accurate real time update. However, I do agree with you on the point that slower updates makes players more nervous about their placing and therefore would spend more to reassure themselves.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Henry_G18 View Post
              Real time updates on campaign KT are only world specific. The mechanics to update each world and tally all the worlds together could different and more complicated. Now I'm not saying that they don't have the resources to do it but you need to look at my 2nd point as well. Players do not claim their trophies at the same time so it's quite impossible to provide an accurate real time update. However, I do agree with you on the point that slower updates makes players more nervous about their placing and therefore would spend more to reassure themselves.
              Can't be that hard was called maths when I went to school although a pocket calculator might speed things up and save on paper. I'm sure there's a way a games company can come up with a way to do it quicker. if they wanted to. They are constantly monitoring every facet of the game 'real time' anyway and adjusting prizes and tournaments.

              To counter your second point if players haven't claimed their trophies it gives a very very accurate list of standings at a single point in time

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Havent_a_clue View Post
                Can't be that hard was called maths when I went to school although a pocket calculator might speed things up and save on paper. I'm sure there's a way a games company can come up with a way to do it quicker. if they wanted to. They are constantly monitoring every facet of the game 'real time' anyway and adjusting prizes and tournaments.
                I didn't think it would be very hard but GM Rukkirii did mentioned a couple of days back that Kabam currently does not have the tools and resources to verify troop boxes and might gain. I would assume that compressing so much data from all the worlds would take a really long time. Then again it's just an assumption, they could very well have the ability to do so.

                Originally posted by Havent_a_clue View Post
                To counter your second point if players haven't claimed their trophies it gives a very very accurate list of standings at a single point in time
                No not really. It does not reflect a true standings on each player's position and rank. Blood Core Brain started this thread because he felt that Kabam did not portray a honest representation of the leaderboard (eg. ' I was only 700 trophies out of Platimum tier ' , ' instead of narrowing the gap on the trophies needed I now see an insurmountable number that was more than double what I needed ').

                Based on your theory, if player A is behind player B by 100 trophies and both of them wins 500 trophies each on a particular day, however, player B has only claimed 300 (still long time left to claim remaining trophies) while player A claimed 500, player A would think that he/she is in the lead by 100 trophies when the leaderboard comes out (assuming player B has not claimed the trophies before the leaderboards are being tallied). This does not reflect an accurate and honest representation of the standings as player B (assuming he/she would claim the trophies before claiming period is over) is in fact still leading player A.

                However, Kabam could work around this by adding another feature which shows how many events are unclaimed by a particular player. This would roughly give the user of the information a rough idea of where is that player's true standings. But by doing this, Kabam would need to release much more than just top 200 player's standings.

                Comment

                Working...
                X