Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Round tower exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tempicek
    replied
    Originally posted by Alien8 View Post
    As for the payouts, my point was that not everyone can use that stuff...in fact most ppl do not need any of that stuff. I have over 30,000 of each elevation crystal and only a handful of building that need to be elevated. I win most the train a thons in my world and do not need or use fertiles to do so, and I have over 50 everlasting ports. That means for me and every other person like me, and I know there are a lot, these grab bags are not good. Everyone would be happy with tokens or chests so why not do something everyone could use? They can still keep the grab bag for people that like it.
    Fair enough. More variation in prizes never hurts.

What do you mean "play smart"? That would assume we knew how many toms are going to run and what other events were available and whether or not they were going to raise payouts later on too 3 blues for first, 2 for second and 1 for third rather then just 1 for first.
    Originally posted by Merlin BRZ View Post
    ...it's like asking people to pay $100 for City of Solace then throwing several deeds at them for two tokens each two weeks later.
    Playing smart is *knowing* that Kabam almost always does this. They offer something to the biggest spenders first, and then lower the bar, then lower it again. That's how they can get the most money. Sell single product to every customer, but at different price points.

Not playing smart means throwing a third of your might at a chance of getting one banner, when you know you'll need 20 of them. You KNOW you are not going to get your prize that way. Why not wait and see instead? If a better deal turns out for you, go for it, and be happy that you weren't one of those who spent their resources at the beginning. If no deal comes, just sit it out, you don't need to compete in every event. All these prizes will be abundantly available within a couple of weeks anyway, and if you didn't spend all your might now, you might have enough to win it easily right after the event, because most players will have no might left then.

BTW, Kabam always increases the drop rates of things towards the end. This time they actually did it pretty early on.

Leave a comment:

• Merlin BRZ
    replied
    I have to agree with Alien. You have no way to know if Merlin's or Lunettes or the Elevate-a-thon, or the RWB Chests, etc, are going to pay out as they have in the past, or very little as some of them did this time. Everyone likes a challenge; that's not the issue. The issue is that prizes have to be reasonably attainable. There was definitely a problem with the quantity of blue banners early in this comp which Kabam, to its credit, attempted to correct. I just don't see 300%-400% increases in the drop rate and pushing first place awards all the way down to fourth at the end of the comp as equitable; that's my issue. From my perspective, it's like asking people to pay $100 for City of Solace then throwing several deeds at them for two tokens each two weeks later.

Leave a comment:

• Alien8
    replied
    Originally posted by tempicek View Post
    I'm sorry to say that, but you can't blame Kabam for not playing smart. If you invest a third of your boxed might into a TOM, where if you don't come out first, you get essentially nothing, and if you get first, you only get 1/20 of what you need, then you probably aren't thinking it through very well.

Also, I generally disagree with the negative sentiment about the payouts. From what I can see, the grab bags can give me: elevation crystals, fertiles (to win more prizes from trainathons), and portals. Of course not every bag, because that would be outrageous. But those everlasting portals are super sweet to get. I just can't see the concern here.
    What do you mean "play smart"? That would assume we knew how many toms are going to run and what other events were available and whether or not they were going to raise payouts later on too 3 blues for first, 2 for second and 1 for third rather then just 1 for first. It would also suggest you have any idea what the competition level is going to be which seems to be completely different for each one. I figured i would go for the very first one because it kinda came out of the blue and I thought not a lot of ppl would even be looking for it and after that long championship there might not be a lot of competition....for the most part I was right. I popped 156mm and an other guy popped 160 and beat me. The next day I did one and I popped over 350 but someone actually popped 700mm in that. A couple days later, after building up more troop boxes, I notices the competition was getting less and less. The previous 3 tom events the winners only popped around 60mm and I had around 130mm saved so I went for it but for some reason on that one two different people popped close to 200mm. I won 3 train a thons, an alli tom, got 74 chests for the elevation event which only ended up having 1 blue and got 10 chests for doing my 200 wilds which had no blue. Total I have six blues and by all rights I have competed hard in everything including the tk events which is hard to get first in when people are trading tks to get 1st/2nd.

As for the payouts, my point was that not everyone can use that stuff...in fact most ppl do not need any of that stuff. I have over 30,000 of each elevation crystal and only a handful of building that need to be elevated. I win most the train a thons in my world and do not need or use fertiles to do so, and I have over 50 everlasting ports. That means for me and every other person like me, and I know there are a lot, these grab bags are not good. Everyone would be happy with tokens or chests so why not do something everyone could use? They can still keep the grab bag for people that like it.

Leave a comment:

• tempicek
    replied
    I have 1200 red, 160 white, and only 3 blue banners. I despite obviously competing hard in everything the blue banners elude me. I popped a ton of might in three of the earlier tom's only to just get beat by a little in each. Now the toms are paying blues for top 3. Well my 3 second place finishes would have won me 6 blues at least. Still hard to get but at least I could have got 1 lvl 10 master hammer.

The lower end prizes are garbage for most of us. You come up with an item to level up all building in a city?? that would have been great a year or two ago but not only are almost everyone's city's leveled up at this point but most of them are elevated too. I've suggested a hundred times that you put in items that EVERYONE can use like Merlin tokens or various troop chests. How hard is that to figure out??? I need NOTHING that you offer except the new gear which is almost impossible to get.
    I'm sorry to say that, but you can't blame Kabam for not playing smart. If you invest a third of your boxed might into a TOM, where if you don't come out first, you get essentially nothing, and if you get first, you only get 1/20 of what you need, then you probably aren't thinking it through very well.

Also, I generally disagree with the negative sentiment about the payouts. From what I can see, the grab bags can give me: elevation crystals, fertiles (to win more prizes from trainathons), and portals. Of course not every bag, because that would be outrageous. But those everlasting portals are super sweet to get. I just can't see the concern here.

Leave a comment:

• Governor12
    replied
    I have 1200 red, 160 white, and only 3 blue banners. I despite obviously competing hard in everything the blue banners elude me. I popped a ton of might in three of the earlier tom's only to just get beat by a little in each. Now the toms are paying blues for top 3. Well my 3 second place finishes would have won me 6 blues at least. Still hard to get but at least I could have got 1 lvl 10 master hammer.

The lower end prizes are garbage for most of us. You come up with an item to level up all building in a city?? that would have been great a year or two ago but not only are almost everyone's city's leveled up at this point but most of them are elevated too. I've suggested a hundred times that you put in items that EVERYONE can use like Merlin tokens or various troop chests. How hard is that to figure out??? I need NOTHING that you offer except the new gear which is almost impossible to get.
    Exactly... In older worlds there are fewer players, but most that remain have no need for anything you are offering... Except the prizes that are pretty impossible to win! How about looking at what would benefit us all!

Leave a comment:

• Alien8
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Governor12
    replied
    Originally posted by Merlin BRZ View Post
    I have to agree. It makes no sense to start dropping blue banners like candy now that the comp has started. Why not just set up an exchange red or white for blue in the tower. That's at least fair.
    Yes altering rate of drop now is not fair on those that have went all out for a blue... But seriously a week long event, and the worst payout for elevathon to date (in affect because of round tower exchange I get nothing I can use for 25 chests)... Not only did you get prize for 4,7 10 instead of the usual prize per level... The exchange for prize is basically crystals you don't need, a building upgrade you don't need, I might be able to get some low level master hammers to add to the dozens in inventory, or outdated gear to add to the collection sat in inventory!

Disappointed kabam!

Leave a comment:

• Merlin BRZ
    replied
    I have to agree. It makes no sense to start dropping blue banners like candy now that the comp has started. Why not just set up an exchange red or white for blue in the tower. That's at least fair.

Leave a comment:

• Dethstorm
    replied
    I agree, the rate at which blues are coming is outrageous. Just got my elevation chest, 55 chest netted 2 blues (both in one chest), so seriously 1/55 chance for a blue banner in elevation chest, that's just crazy, by far worst elevation payout ever. Can we get some exchanges in round for something like 50 red 10 white for a blue banner or something. Blue banners are just way too stingy right now.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Round tower exchange

Round tower exchange

I must say this banner exchange is pretty pathetic... After over a week of competitions the prize unless you have multiple blue banners is poor.... Even if you do have a few the prize is still very weak compared to the prolonged effort! You can only get blue if you finish in top couple of spots most of the time, and for most this would not be worth it.... Especially for the prizes. Not to mention winning a comp is not enough, you would have to do it multiple times.

Which means for most of us, we end up with 500-1000 red banners! There is nothing in that round tower that would be any use to players who have been playing for a while!

How about adding a troop chest exchange for red banners... Based on comp payout I think a dynamic duo chest for 10 red banners would be more than a fair exchange! Perhaps an overwhelming army chest for 10 white, and you could even do a greater renoun chest for 10 blue?

I just don't think after a week of competitions, the idea of winning a few items to upgrade my cities (when there is not much to elevate) or items to strengthen gear, or gear we already have, is very rewarding. The only prize I would want is a master 10 hammer, and even one of those for a week of comps is a bit poor, but I'm unlikely to even get one!

At least with the trophy comps (regardless of the criticism) paid out prizes alongside the trophies... The banner comp is a flop, rectify this with a better exchange!

I'm sure people agree, but many of us have not bothered much... And I for one am not going to bother opening the banners for crap I don't need! I tested one of the lower grab bags and I got 30 mystic crystals to add to the tens of thousands I already have... Really???

Gov
Working...
X