Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Forging Meter Not Working Now and Can't Upgrade Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tempicek View Post
    Kanoona,

Could you please contact the developers in our stead, and ask why the chances for forging were lowered recently? I know there wasn't any official confirmation of this yet, but it really is obvious. There are many many concerned people not only in my alliance, but in the whole world of Kay21 (and from the posts here, obviously others too).

I really appreciate the change to the visual representation of the forging success probability. I would still prefer a number, but it helps a bunch! I actually used it today to put together some numbers w.r.t the forging chances a several pieces of celestial gear and this is what I have. Using bronze hammers, the success chance is:

Lvl 2: 100%
    Lvl 3: 100%
    Lvl 4: 75%
    Lvl 5: 15%
    Lvl 6: 3%

Lvl 8: 0%

The numbers are not precise, I got them from measuring the gauge position in Photoshop, but, assuming the indicator works correctly (which I believe it does, because those chances reflect all my experiments), they are a fairly good estimates. What we can see there is that with every level the chance of successful forging decreases by a factor of FIVE. If the chance is 3% for level 6, we can expect using some 30 bronze hammers on it in average. Then for level 7 the expected cost would be 150 hammers, and for level 8 750 hammers. Going up we would need thousands. Of course I can't confirm that (the progression may slow down for those highest levels), because noone I know was able to forge to that level recently.

Not a long time ago, the situation was different. Forging celestial gear was always tough, but still meant only couple dozens of bronze hammers for the highest levels. The disparity is enormous.

Now, to cut to the chase. I personally see two problems here:

Firstly, bronze hammers are obtainable in higher quantities than they used to be (indeed there were competitions where you could win 50 or maybe even 100), but they are still rather rare article. We can't realistically get them from wilds, so we need to win them in a competition (not very common) or get lucky with a chest. But even expensive chests have one, or rarely 3 or 5 of those. So either way you look, the cost is huge. Never mind the cost of dusts needed to go with hundreds and hundreds of attempts. Now, I would understand if Kabam wanted this to have a long tail, people chasing those dusts and hammers for a long long time. We could argue that it's a bit too much, as people get discouraged rather than motivated, but let's leave that aside and look at the second issue:

There are a number of people who have forged that gear already. They did it in the past when the best gear came out and did it with only a couple dozen bronze hammers. Now there is a huge disparity between those players and the rest, and that really ruins the balance in the game. What am I supposed to tell our noobs when they ask how to improve their gear? There is no way for them to catch up with the higher end players, who honestly wouldn't need that extra edge to start with. This is a huge discouragement to any but the top player, and really hurts the game. We need new players. We need noobs. We need to teach them and keep their morale high so that they can take the game further. Old players will be leaving one by one, so we can't afford (both us players and Kabam) to discourage new ones. This change to forging success chances is a big setback to most. What happens in most games like this as time goes, is that inflation takes value of things down. It's happening in KoC too, and, while too big an inflation can be dangerous, it's generally a good thing. It's important for new players to be able to catch up quickly, and increased availability of in-game resources (like hammers) is a cornerstone of that (but I'll probably elaborate on that more in another thread). Here, the opposite happened (ok, hammers are more available, but a LOT more are needed).

I must say that I was never too bothered by the toughness of forging. After all, we don't want to be finished with it over a night. But a drastic change like this really should be explained to us. So, Kanoona, do you think we could get some feedback in this matter?

Thank you
    Kanoona,

I posted this 3 days ago. As you can see many people here are concerned about the change. I personally told people in my alli to stop forging, because the ordinary hammers are no use any more. Pretty much everyone in our world (Kay21) is very angry about it. So could we please get some explanations?

It boggles my mind how this all happened. The current setup doesn't make any sense at all:

Wooden hammers are only good for level 2 and 3, where they grant you very high success chance, so you essentially only need 3 of them per any piece of gear. Yet we have hundreds and thousands.
    Iron hammers became super rare. You can find very few in wilds. They don't come much as prizes.
    Bronze hammers started showing up as prizes in higher quantities, but even for lvl 6 they become near useless (it's harder to forge lvl 6 now than it used to be to forge lvl 10, except with 10 you actually got a reward of big % boost and feeling of completion/accomplishment).
    Master hammers are here, and it seems that when you win one, you win all the lower ones too, which makes any other type of hammer pointless.
    Any prize that gives you a master hammer lvl 4 or less is absolutely worthless.

It's all upside down. It was not thought through well, as more importantly it added an unacceptable imbalance between the few who had their gear already forged (like me) and the rest, who can't catch up. Try explaining to any of them why they can't reach to what I was able to do relatively easily.

Kabam should really understand that we need new players, and we need them to be able to catch up fast. What took some people years, the noobs should be able to jump in couple months at most. Big spenders will always be ahead, but there will be no game to spend on if we don't let new players in!

Comment

Originally posted by Alien8 View Post
      I bought 200 rare dust on top of the 120 I already had and used all bronze hammers and was unsuccessful at hitting lvl 11. Nobody in my alliance or anyone else in ector46 that i'm aware of has hit lvl 11 on anything and we were trying like mad when we first seen it. Also what about not being able to embed jewels and the fact that the meter shows no change when you select any of the hammers? It seems messed up to me.
      Same here.. I spent 52 bronze on gear upgrade from 8 to 9. Still didn't even budge. Then I realized the temp guage wasn't working either. I sent message to Kabam support, got this reply: "...we're doing everything we can to make this game more enjoyable for all...". er... thanks but before this community spends more money to enrich your enterprise, how about fixing these issues that are very expesneive for paying customers.

Comment

Hi Kanoona,

Yes, forging still functions. But

1) were odds of success reduced significantly?

2) is this change in "settings" intentional or an error?

3) will kabam change "settings" back to previous levels of odds?

Regards,

Player: Lkÿ
        Alliance: wïçkëd
        Server: merlin 50

Originally posted by Kanoona View Post
        Hey everyone,

We've confirmed the actual forge is working correctly. However, the graphic gives it the sense that it not because it isn't moving for any of the hammers except the last, we have let the development team know about this. I will update the sticky.

Comment

I agree with Tempicek, that it is unfair on players who have not already forged to lvl 10. The settings should be put back to what they were originally, to make it a level playing field for everyone. The percentages for forging up to lvl 10 on any of the existing gear is now unfair and will stop people playing, when they know it was easier for others. The game will not survive without new players and lower level players. So please put things back the way they were.

Comment

i just don't bother anymore, new gear is pointless becasue you cant upgrade, and old gear is stuck. Thank god I have my Lion Heart Gear and my God Gear all forged. So now I don't need to hit wilds (even though I still do), and I don't need to worry about forging because we are all stuck at the exact same place. The forging change has effectivley frozen the game and on top of that it has made people quit, stop spending gems, and just get furious at Kabam.

Anyone want to take my bet that the next Merlin Madness will be promoted as having 255 Knights, Sacred Gear, and the Upper Level Master Hammers??? But wait there is more: the odds of winning even one of these items is 1 chest in 100 i.e. 700 gems.
            online printing

Comment

Kabam,

Please respond on the following, as I am sure many others will be most interested to find out too.

Regards,

Player:Lkÿ
              Alliance: reapers (previously wïçkëd)

Originally posted by Damian LKY View Post
              Hi Kanoona,

Yes, forging still functions. But

1) were odds of success reduced significantly?

2) is this change in "settings" intentional or an error?

3) will kabam change "settings" back to previous levels of odds?

Regards,

Player: Lkÿ
              Alliance: wïçkëd

Comment

i can say forging before was better than the forging now. master hammers are belong only for gemmers. well they are very happy of that. while those non gemmers who are just looking for hammers and dusts in wilds are pissed off because they cannot do the forging anymore until lvl 10.

yes kabam giving away those useless bronze hammers which it cant do forge.

i hope they will bring back the normal forging thing easy.

rgards,

brett

Comment

Kabam come on!
                  We can't forgeing! I have all hammers without master Hammer lvl 9, so I can't forg my gear to 10 lvl, steel hammers also not working. This is yoke! All my hammers are useless to forgeing, so what I can do with them?? I know that lvl 10 was hard to forge but this is crazy. I steel hammer should g do this. Any advise?

Comment

It has become pointless, most players that return to the game now just leave again because they can't forge because of the way kabam has screwed up the game. Push the new hammers thus removing the viability of every other hammer in the game is stupid. But will kabam read this........nooooooo. Will kabam respond ...... Nope just slink away in their holes and come up with new ways to screw us

Comment

Mordred32 is dead! Even big huggers are closed! Player's quiting... Kabam wake up! On my alliance chat always was some players, now nobody is writing, nobody is online, we have over 70 members, maybe 5 are active... KOC dieing... Even here nobody forum Kabam respond. GREEDY COMPANY have ours opinion... U know where... Only $$$$ this is priority. I was a gemmer. Now I don't buy until game will be playable.
                      Regards.... I guess...

Comment

Working...
                      X