Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Gems and the Pot Of Gold

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kingofthebulls View Post
    So I have now been shown proof that kabam didnt take all the gems from all players. Numerous players were allowed to keep 100k or more gems while others had everything taken. Most that got to keep were in same few alliances. The ppl removing were left at their own descression on how much to take. This now changes it to a clear case of discrimination and game rigging. The illegal infractions are piling up kabam.... better get it together!!!!
    That sounds unbelievable !!! but then again nothing surprises me anymore with this game :-/

Comment

• I can't believe that there are people on here that actually think the game could survive if the gems were allowed to be kept! Can't you see that everyone else would quit when they realised peeps couldn't compete?

Also... I wonder how many of these "mistake gems" have been spent already? Looks like non in my world so far so that's all good.

And for those banging on about lawsuits... Come on! Get a grip. It was an obvious mistake... CLEARLY advertised every where most notably in the "game centre". Not to mention you'd need about a million bucks to even get it to court... Kabam have so much money they'd drag it out until you ran out of cash to pay your attorney. Then, if it did ever get to court there's only the small matter of having to go up against there own attorney's who are obviously some of the best in the business.

What's done is done, those of you who got the gems, just think yourself lucky you managed to spend what you could in the short time you had them. Unfortunately, I have to agree with Kabam here, those gems had to go for the good of the game, no one should be allowed to have that much it would ruin the game for everyone. And for those that bang on about "oh but they offer a top prize in some chests of 100k gems or a million gems"... Get real, you have more chance of going into space than you have of winning that prize.

Oh.. And I don't work for Kabam either before someone who I've disagreed with suggests it.
      Room Service CBD

Comment

• Originally posted by throbo View Post
        Unfortunately, I have to agree with Kabam here, those gems had to go for the good of the game, no one should be allowed to have that much it would ruin the game for everyone. And for those that bang on about "oh but they offer a top prize in some chests of 100k gems or a million gems"... Get real, you have more chance of going into space than you have of winning that prize.
        If that many gems aren't good for the game, then why does Kabam itself offer regular prizes of 100k or higher? Granted the payout rate is quite low, but to practice what they preach, they would have to lower what they offer as prizes, including the 1M gems given each year to the top player.

Comment

• I applaud kabam for the actions they have taken so far. They went through accounts and took away the gems. There is even one report on Kay 59 that they even took all the troop chests that one person bought with the gems. I hope they continue to hunt down all the individuals that went out of their way to CHEAT the system. The one thing I don't like is kabam asking us to do their leg work and tell them who took advantage of this. There are records of accts that logged into those servers and kabam should look into ALL those accts to be investigated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quad Stank View Post
            I'd like to throw in my 2 cents worth...

1. It wasn't a glitch, it was an oversight issue. That is the company's problem, not the recipients of the prizes. If you competed in a competition in the street and were given 2 prizes instead of 1, you can't be forced to return the other prize. Just because Kabam has our accounts on their servers does not give them the right to go in and take out prizes, just like the person that gave you the extra prize on the street can't walk into your house and take both prizes back because the screwed up.

2. The ToS have been referred to often. Yes, you agree to the ToS to play the game. However, as has been proven many times in court, contracts mean nothing. By selling a product and offering a competition through a specific country's iTunes App Store/Google Play, they have to abide by the Consumer Protection Laws of that country. I'm in Australia and can tell you that the Kabam ToS do not abide by the consumer laws as enforced by the ACCC. However, since online "in-app" purchases and "virtual currency" are such a grey area regarding the validity of the product purchased/won, as well as the location of the company's head office, make enforcement hard for the relevant consumer authorities.

3. There are many fixes available, but the path Kabam has taken is a PR nightmare for them, and inadvertently opened themselves up to litigation by removing actual purchased items. If they hadn't done that, people would have had a whinge and gotten over it. Though the ToS states that they can, refer to point 2 where it fails to comply with your relevant countries consumer protection laws.

I personally have received legal advice on this matter and have been advised that there is a case against Kabam for what has happened. I have sent Kabam a complaint, and am awaiting a response from them. Once I have had a chance to find out what their response will be, I will then take further action if required.

In a nutshell, the ball is in Kabam's court now, and they have to be very careful how they proceed legally. Many developers such as Kabam have publically stated how much these games are benefiting them financially. To then defraud players of purchased items would not sit very well with any Judge outside of the Cayman Islands.

I hate to tell you this, but no judge in any country is going to say you are entitled to the gems in this glitch. It would overturn centuries of case law and would be not just a notional landmark decision, but a worldwide landmark decision.

Let's put it this way... It's like of you bought a $120,000 house and the entry clerk at the bank errored and used a . Instead of a , when keying it in. You're not getting the house for $120 no matter what you signed. It's clear as day that it was error.

I think kabam is a joke and a bunch of scam artists with a lot of things they do, but right is right and wrong is wrong and this instance isn't even a gray area.

As for if they removed purchased gems, I agree with everyone that says that was wrong... Which is why I said kabam needs to revert the game back 2 days and refund all purchases made over those two days as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quad Stank View Post
              If that many gems aren't good for the game, then why does Kabam itself offer regular prizes of 100k or higher? Granted the payout rate is quite low, but to practice what they preach, they would have to lower what they offer as prizes, including the 1M gems given each year to the top player.
              There may be one chest with that top prize in it but the odds of actually getting it would be minuscule. If, by some act of god someone did win it, 1 person with a tone of gems isn't that bad. At most they'd play in 2-3 worlds and boss them for a bit. Multiply that by 500 and it's catastrophic. 500 people with that sort of firepower can kill worlds and many off them. Imagine as most players do, spending a little on the game every month to compete and enjoy and all of a sudden your not even getting in the top 500 in the comps. I know what I'd be doing and it wouldn't be playing a game in my phone....
              Room Service CBD

Comment

• Kabams mistake not the players cheating

Originally posted by Taberius View Post
                I applaud kabam for the actions they have taken so far. They went through accounts and took away the gems. There is even one report on Kay 59 that they even took all the troop chests that one person bought with the gems. I hope they continue to hunt down all the individuals that went out of their way to CHEAT the system. The one thing I don't like is kabam asking us to do their leg work and tell them who took advantage of this. There are records of accts that logged into those servers and kabam should look into ALL those accts to be investigated.
                I ask that comments like these be kept in the individuals mind and not shared. I feel as an American these types of comments are disgraceful as many Americans have fought in wars and court rooms to provide are civil rights and freedoms. What does that have to do with this? Well no one cheated the system and no one took advantage of poor greedy Kabam. As Quad Stank said Kabam themselves offer the ability to win up to a million gems and currently have a chest offering that in 71 so any argument that it ruins the game is one of ignorance.

I would appreciate any comments made to at least hold some form of intelligence. I will educate Taberius and anyone else as to what the word "opportunity" means, it means that if an individual or individuals have the opportunity to benefit from something to improve themselves or their standing in the situation they are in they do so. When users have lost troops and had other issues where money they have willing spent on the game has been lost or the benefit of their spending disappeared Kabam only really helped 1/10 people on average. But when Kabam are losing money they fix it straight away and those who participated in the opportunity are considered chests. Honestly if your in a non third world country you are surrounded by companies and industry that have succeeded by taken advantage of opportunity. It's called the real world and it's part of life, I don't appreciate being called a chest because I have the personal drive to want to better myself. I don't appreciate Kabam stealing items and gems from my personal account due to a mistake they made. I have worked for several large international companies and I promise you when a mistake was made we didn't take from our customers in any way to rectify our mistake we did our job and figured out a way to minimise our losses, it's called damage control without hurting out customers. I refuse to be punished or made to feel like a cheat because of Kabams mistake.

So please call the FBI (Federal Bureau Investigation) and ask for their Internet Crimes division, they will explain to you the fact of what Kabam has done is unlawful, they will explain to you that as an American citizen you have rights. I hate how ignorant most are to civil rights and liberties that are awarded to us by our government to protect us. Kabams TOS mean nothing once they are taken to court, Kabam have acted unlawfully, and Kabam doesn't have the freedom to do as they please. If anyone who's confused about their rights would take the time to contact the bureau of consumer affairs and they will happily inform you. As for Kabam once enough people get involved and legal action is taken against them they will be punished for their actions. As explain to me by the California District Attorneys Office and California State Senator Barbara Boxer, currently laws and legislation don't recognise many types of Internet crimes, so until these types of crimes are fought and won in the court of law our (America) legal system won't have specific laws against this type of crime. It in no way means Kabam are God's and have the right to do as they please it means to many people are weak and chose to do nothing opposed to fighting them and standing up for themselves. So please keep your small minded ignorant comments to yourselves and educate yourselves on your rights and the laws prior to insulting others.

Comment

• Here is one thing to think about. You go to a retail store and find a sign that says " jeans 10 for $10" and you decide to buy 20 pair based on what was posted. You get home with your jeans and the manager of the store knocks on your door and says I'm taking your jeans back because that sign was a " technical issue". And while I'm here I'm gonna take back whatever jeans you have in your closet because you shouldn't have taken advantage of that sale. You made an offer. Whether it was right or wrong, it was posted. Just like a sign in a store advertising a price. You can't blame anyone for taking advantage of a posted prize. You never go back a reward us the prizes we should have because you didn't put the right name on a chest or a comp didn't pay out right. Maybe we should all buy 100k Jackpot chests and then tell iTunes we need our money back because our thumbs had a technical issue. Maybe now you see that you need people paying more attention to the game at all times. Not only for your end but for all of those that have issues on the weekend and can't get responses from your game team. Because Sunday you had a maintenance during a comp that ruined the outcome for a lot of people. I don't see you correcting that because it didn't affect you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Noob_58LMDMQ View Post
                    Brew suggest you read this, the contents was advertised as 1 chest per 5 leprechauns, some worlds had an advantage thats prohibited as it gave preference to the players who knew about Kabam error and not all players. If it was advertised differently on different worlds fair enough you have a case. It was however advertised As 1 chest per 5 leprechauns in game mail, banner adds and forum. Yes the round tower had a different number I agree, but I'm sure Kabam would argue that this is the collection of prizes point not a promotion point. Thus in my understansding of the law as you posted gives Kabam no choice but to strip as an advantage or preference that was given to some players as opposed to what was advertised. I'm not a lawyer in California and not away of any precedents but generally unfair comps are illegal - kabam for what ever reason created an unfair comp and is seeking to rectify the situation by stripping the unfair advantage gained by some players over another.
                    That it could occur in the first place is an entirely different matter and would be better grounds to seek a remedy.
                    you have a good eye. but they have to PROVE you read that part. i never do, as do 2 of my kids. the only way they could do it to their favor would be, force a pop up. but i doubt they will ever spend that much time to do it on all severs. seeings how the only thing you have to do is click the round tower and view prizes, they have no leg to stand on. hope this helps a little more

Comment

• The game has been dying for over a year now and all world are unbalance just go look for yourself. letting everyone keep these gems wouldn't of a done nothing but hurt kabam's profit margin. You guys keep talking about people quitting. People quit everyday and yet the game is still here. Bottom line is if you weren't part of the ones that got gems you don't seem to like the rest of them keeping what they earned.

Comment

• Originally posted by TallDarkNight View Post
                        I ask that comments like these be kept in the individuals mind and not shared. I feel as an American these types of comments are disgraceful as many Americans have fought in wars and court rooms to provide are civil rights and freedoms. What does that have to do with this? Well no one cheated the system and no one took advantage of poor greedy Kabam. As Quad Stank said Kabam themselves offer the ability to win up to a million gems and currently have a chest offering that in 71 so any argument that it ruins the game is one of ignorance.

I would appreciate any comments made to at least hold some form of intelligence. I will educate Taberius and anyone else as to what the word "opportunity" means, it means that if an individual or individuals have the opportunity to benefit from something to improve themselves or their standing in the situation they are in they do so. When users have lost troops and had other issues where money they have willing spent on the game has been lost or the benefit of their spending disappeared Kabam only really helped 1/10 people on average. But when Kabam are losing money they fix it straight away and those who participated in the opportunity are considered chests. Honestly if your in a non third world country you are surrounded by companies and industry that have succeeded by taken advantage of opportunity. It's called the real world and it's part of life, I don't appreciate being called a chest because I have the personal drive to want to better myself. I don't appreciate Kabam stealing items and gems from my personal account due to a mistake they made. I have worked for several large international companies and I promise you when a mistake was made we didn't take from our customers in any way to rectify our mistake we did our job and figured out a way to minimise our losses, it's called damage control without hurting out customers. I refuse to be punished or made to feel like a cheat because of Kabams mistake.

So please call the FBI (Federal Bureau Investigation) and ask for their Internet Crimes division, they will explain to you the fact of what Kabam has done is unlawful, they will explain to you that as an American citizen you have rights. I hate how ignorant most are to civil rights and liberties that are awarded to us by our government to protect us. Kabams TOS mean nothing once they are taken to court, Kabam have acted unlawfully, and Kabam doesn't have the freedom to do as they please. If anyone who's confused about their rights would take the time to contact the bureau of consumer affairs and they will happily inform you. As for Kabam once enough people get involved and legal action is taken against them they will be punished for their actions. As explain to me by the California District Attorneys Office and California State Senator Barbara Boxer, currently laws and legislation don't recognise many types of Internet crimes, so until these types of crimes are fought and won in the court of law our (America) legal system won't have specific laws against this type of crime. It in no way means Kabam are God's and have the right to do as they please it means to many people are weak and chose to do nothing opposed to fighting them and standing up for themselves. So please keep your small minded ignorant comments to yourselves and educate yourselves on your rights and the laws prior to insulting others.
                        That would be great if everyone playing this game was American... Which there NOT. I wouldn't even know which law they fall under or if anyone could be bothered to try fighting them from the other side of the world and then which country's laws would you be fighting them with?
                        Room Service CBD

Comment

• Originally posted by Spize View Post
                          LOL, no. Just letting you know the reality.

then, learn the legal term....not the slang term. i've posted it already......SMDH

Comment

• Disappearing Gems

Gems disappeared from my account. The same thing happened to some friends. I wouldn't buy any, it could happen to you too.

Comment

• i'm done waiting for my refund. i am heading to bank now and filing a claim. as well as filing a suite against KABAM. THEY HAVE NOT REFUNDED MY MONEY, no response, and they were notified, 3 days ago. also calling apple and google play.

Comment

• Originally posted by TallDarkNight View Post

I approve this message

Comment

Working...
                                X