Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Customer Service - how not to do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service - how not to do it

1) I submit my issue
    Immediate email saying they've received it and I'm important and they will respond within 1 business day.
    Also immediate is a stock response to try troubleshooting tips.

2) I wait 4 days, email back and ask if there's any update on my issue.
    No reply.

3) Another 10 days pass then I receive another stock "try these troubleshooting tips" email, and if they don't work, let us know. So I let them know this doesn't relate to my issue.

4) 2 emails back from Kabam almost immediately, both stock. First saying my issue is closed. Second saying they cannot accept direct emails.

5) I email back in response to the email I received in 3) saying this was terrible customer support

6) 2 stock emails back same as in 4)

You should be really embarrassed about this. Not a single response that wasn't an automated reply about my issue, then the issue is closed without explanation or any contact regarding resolution.

Very unprofessional.

All emails below.

======================================

Kabam Support [email protected] via 45cjgudlbrk3ur.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com
    14 May

to me
    Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within one business day.

ref:_00D301HgIt._500a0VYbOv:ref

Kabam Support [email protected] via i2lt60t94n53x8.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com
    14 May

to me
    Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to write in! For immediate assistance, please search the Kabam Knowledge Base for answers to our most frequently asked questions. You can also search the Kabam Forums for help from your fellow players!

http://community.kabam.com/forums/forum.php

If you’re experiencing technical issues, please try these general troubleshooting steps:

iOS Troubleshooting:

If your game is frozen or unresponsive, you may have to "force quit" the application and start it again.

There are three ways to accomplish this: the Software Method, the In-Game Method and the Manual Method. We recommend you use the Software Method detailed below before attempting a Manual reboot.

To Force Quit Using the Software Method (iOS4 and later):

-Tap the Home button twice quickly. This will bring up a tab with all the current applications that are running in the background

-Find the Game icon

-Tap and hold the application until it starts to jiggle

-A red "minus" sign will appear on the top left corner of the app icon. Press it to quit the app.

To Force Refresh the app In-Game:

-While playing the game tap on your Player Name > the '?' icon > Force App Refresh

To Force Quit Using the Manual Method: (If the device is completely frozen):

-Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time

-Let go when you see the Apple logo

-Reboot your iDevice and go back to to the game!

Android Device Troubleshooting:

A common cause of crashes on Android is insufficient working memory due to other programs running at the same time in the background. There is a very limited amount of internal memory to install Android applications. You should also keep an eye on your SD card memory so that you don’t run out of space for your favorite Kabam apps.

To check physical memory:

-Go to the Home screen

-Select the Menu key

-Select Settings

-Select SD card & phone storage

-At the top, under SD card, you will find the Total space and Available space on your SD card. At the bottom, under Internal phone/tablet storage, you will see the Available space left for installing your Android applications

To free up more "working" memory for the game:

-Choose "Applications"

-Choose "Manage Applications"

-Tap the "Running" tab where you can close (Force Close button) any apps that aren't essential

-Please also close any Kabam game that is giving you trouble

NOTE: we cannot guarantee functionality on rooted devices, If your device is rooted or modified, we are not able to support this option.

If you were unable to find an answer to your question in our Knowledge Base or the forum, please respond to this message and an agent will assist you shortly!

Thank you for playing KOC Battle for the North!

KOC Battle for the North Kabam Support

My Name <[email protected]>
    18 May (11 days ago)

to Kabam
    Hi,

this said I should expect a response with 1 business day. All I've gotten so far is the stock response to visit the knowledge base.
    Is this issue still open? Any update?

Thanks,

Me

Kabam Support via v2rgsny2o50yfg.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com
    28 May (1 day ago)

to me
    Hello,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write in to us today. We feel it is very important that your issue is resolved as quickly as possible.

With this in mind, we have some troubleshooting tips below which may help with your situation.

However if you have already tried these tips out, or these tips do not pertain to your current situation, please feel free to reply back directly to this ticket and we will get to you as soon as possible.

Also a valuable collection of information for anything pertaining to the game (from the simplest to moderate understanding of the game) can be found in our Kabam Knowledge Base. For more complex questions you may want to reply now to confirm the answer or resolution with one of our Agents.

To access the Knowledge Base, tap on the Support button in the Details tab of your game.

So continuing along on our troubleshooting process, below I will outline the Troubleshooting Tips for iOS (A) and Android (B) devices.

(A) What follows now will be some general iOS Troubleshooting Tips:
    As you may, or may not, already know one of the first steps in technical troubleshooting while in the game is to refresh your the application. You can refresh the app by tapping on your Player Name > "?" > Force App Refresh.

This will fix most minor technical or display issues in the game.

If your game is frozen or unresponsive, you may need to "force quit" the application and start it again.

There are a couple ways to accomplish this:
    the Software Method(A1),
    and the Manual Method(A2).

<snipped to reduce post length>

Thank you for playing KOC Battle for the North!

KOC Battle for the North Kabam Support

13:01 (3 hours ago)

to Kabam
    Hi,

none of the troubleshooting suggestions relate to my issue.

My issue is regarding losing all mails and reports in my game mailbox after the last update.
    When I updated game, all my saved reports and mails were gone.

Thanks for looking into this.

Me

Kabam Support via wyidxdqaxebte5.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com

to me
    Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this case has been closed.

If your problem has not been resolved, please submit a new case and we will reply as soon as we can.

ref:_00D301HgIt._500a0W0mRf:ref

No Reply [email protected] via rmmzkt1gq8w4.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com

to me
    Dear Player,

Kabam Support is not able to answer direct emails.

If you have a question or are in need of assistance, please follow the Support link within our games. Game play tips, solutions to common issues, and updates from Kabam can be found on our forums (http://community.kabam.com). Thank you for playing Kabam games.

The Kabam Support Team

16:43 (6 minutes ago)

to Kabam
    Hi,

I received you email today regarding the problem I submitted over 2 weeks ago, asking me to read the troubleshooting tips, and if these didn't help then to email back. (you can see the email you sent me)

I emailed back this morning outlining that my problem is not fixed by anything in the troubleshooting tips, only to receive 2 email replies, one stating that my issue had been closed and if it wasn't fixed then to resubmit the issue, then another saying that you cannot reply to emails directly.

If you cannot reply to emails then why ask me to email back?
    Why was my issue closed without being resolved or at least an explanation given? The problem remains. Did anyone even look into this actual issue?

I work for a software company, and here we wouldn't dream of closing a ticket from a customer without at least having emailed them that a) the issue cannot be resolved, or b) more time or information is needed to resolve the issue.

This is just the strangest, most unhelpful customer service I have ever encountered.

Kabam Support via xnw7wqfsujs3g2.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com
    16:43 (11 minutes ago)

to me
    Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, this case has been closed.

If your problem has not been resolved, please submit a new case and we will reply as soon as we can.

ref:_00D301HgIt._500a0W0quj:ref

No Reply [email protected] via 3dok90aqqzx9we.3-1hgiteak.al.bnc.salesforce.com
    16:43 (12 minutes ago)

to me
    Dear Player,

Kabam Support is not able to answer direct emails.

If you have a question or are in need of assistance, please follow the Support link within our games. Game play tips, solutions to common issues, and updates from Kabam can be found on our forums (http://community.kabam.com). Thank you for playing Kabam games.

The Kabam Support Team

On certain cases I have had, emailing them back has worked. On other occasions, I have gotten the same message as use did (kabam support is not able to answer direct emails) Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. Dont ya just love those rubber stamp automated responses. It took me 8 tickets & a lot of patience before they resolved 1 out of 6 issues. Kabam support is worthless. Aswell as the Admins that monitor these pages. Look at it this way, if you were having a problem buying gems, kabam would have had it fixed within the hour. Good luck with your issue but don't hold your breath. Persistance, patience, & fingers crossed, you will get a resolution.

Comment

What is your issue i may be able to help if its the Fey trickery error.

Comment

keep up with your forum post and have patience. i had the fey trickery error and couldnt log into my account for 4 and a half weeks. after a week of emailing kabam everyday and them doing nothing i created a forum post on here. i continued my emails to customer service and they'd send me the same stuff every time even after i told them iv done it all. they even responded in french one time and i don't even speak french! after about 50 emails to them i was about to give up. i had kept my forum going to help others and keep them updated. i now have a Kabam i guess employee in it now and she was able to get my account fixed in less then 24 hours. id say your best bet is make your issue known on here and get help through here. Good luck to whatever your issue is

Comment

if this is the Fey trickery error please visit my forum http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...-Loading-issue!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X