Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

My thoughts on Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on Guild Wars

First of all, let me say that this was a needed game mode and I believe it's going to be great... when all the bugs are fixed and the overall design is improved.

Bugs:
    - when your guild loses/wins BEFORE the clock runs out, the win-loss score won't update.
    - matchmaking system: much like the arena, it's not random. You just get paired up with the guild who has a close ratio to yours.
    - a destroyed building starts the next guild war at 10% health... that seems fair. BUT, when a building is destroyed, it is REALLY hard to get it back up and running because of the 10k daily gold donation. The reviving of buildings make no sense atm. To revive the weakest building requires that half of your guild (20-25 players) to donate. If you get more than one building destroyed, it will take days to get them back up... but you probably end up never being able to get them back up.

Combining all of the above, you have a situation like this:
    So let's say you have a win/loss of 6/1 and the top guild on your server has a 6-0. You'll be paired up once. You will lose and get a bunch of buildigs demolished. Next day, you'll probably get a weaker opponent and you'll beat them (even though you still have a bunch of building out of business).
    The day after, since your ratio is still pretty good, you'll be paired up once again with the top team. This time, they'll wipe you out before the clock runs out. The ratios will stay the same and the loop begins. Everyday both guilds will be paired up, the same one getting wiped out. Day, after day, after day...

Upgrades:
    - Since battle rewards are so small at the moment, it'll take over a week to get even one upgrade to your base (or more if you don't win every single time).
    - Class upgrades seem fine at the moment. There's actually an excess of coins for this. Leveling a class is slow.

What's the point of this?
    For now, there is absolutely no point in playing guild wars because it translates into nothing. There are no gem/stones/card/token rewards (which would be really cool). Also no arena bonuses (and I hope that is not the path the devs are going).

Smaller bugs:
    - When a raid ends, you get 1 message in your mail. It should be the same for guild wars (atm I'm getting over 10 mails with the same message).
    - Even if you update your deck 1 hour before the war to it's max strength, it probably won't take effect in the war. It should be like the arenas: your deck in a specific arena is the last one you used in there.
    - if you're a defender/attacker inside a destroyed building, your damage gets lowered to 20%. This is not a bug, but 20% seems a bit too much.

I know this is just a testing phase and I hope this mode gets ironed out before it goes 100% live. Looking forward to it.

So, day 4 in a row facing the same guild (the top1 guild in the server).
    15 minutes in, GwG was shut down. The season seems to be over.

Comment

Thanks for your post and thoughts. Our realm doesn't have Guild Wars yet, so we're having to experience and plan vicariously through folks like you who are kind enough to test it out and post your findings.

I know that they've already posted previously that rewards would definitely be enhanced once it goes live, but that's about all I've read from Admin regarding any of your concerns.

Anyway, thanks again. I hope your feedback gets heard and taken into consideration.

Comment

that`s the first time I hear anything regarding Guild Wars, would be nice to see some full devs announcement about it. As well as it seems really buggy atm.

Comment

Since we kept getting our base wiped out by the top1 guild in the server, we changed our GVG's start time.
          The battle starts and it's over instantly (the message "the guild war ended" pops up, declaring us defeated), even though nobody could attack. We couldn't attack and the enemy couldn't attack.

So, the guild war ends in under a second but the clock keeps ticking until the 1 hour is up.

Comment

Update:

- We have not received any rewards from the guild wars (either win or lose) for the past 2 weeks.

- Apparently you can "revive" dead defenders as well, which makes it really hard (near to impossible) to destroy any building.

- If a building gets destroyed, you can get it's health back up. If it gets destroyed again, you can't regenerate it's health a second time, so it will only have 3k health at the start of any guild war from that point on.

- Some guild wars are still bugged and neither guild can participate. Don't know how but the system still decides that one guild wins and the other loses. It seems to me that the the guild with the best win/loss ratio is automatically declared the winner.

Comment

Update:

If you upgrade the Cottage to an Hospital, you get tonics during the war, which you can use to replenish a player's health to full.
              The description says you use a tonic when your health is below 200. However, it can now be used when your health is actually 0 and you're dead.

Spaz, is this how it was supposed to work ?

Comment

No war today because it was bugged.

Comment

GVG rewards were gone for a month but they seem to be back now.
                  My guild received yesterday's GVG war when today's GVG battle ground was created.

Comment

Originally posted by ARREBIMBA View Post
                    GVG rewards were gone for a month but they seem to be back now.
                    My guild received yesterday's GVG war when today's GVG battle ground was created.
                    Oh that's encouraging news. Thanks for the update!

Comment

There were no rewards during the whole month of June and we've been rewarded only twice so far in July.

When GVG started, rewards were sent every single day (even though they were being sent multiple times each day). Then they stopped. This was one of the few things working in GVG and it's just broken now, too.

Today's war is supposed to start in about 30 minutes. However, 2 and half hours ago I received a mail saying that we lost the war... let's hope it's not bugged again for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ARREBIMBA View Post
                        There were no rewards during the whole month of June and we've been rewarded only twice so far in July.

When GVG started, rewards were sent every single day (even though they were being sent multiple times each day). Then they stopped. This was one of the few things working in GVG and it's just broken now, too.

Today's war is supposed to start in about 30 minutes. However, 2 and half hours ago I received a mail saying that we lost the war... let's hope it's not bugged again for the day.
                        Yuck. I truly hope they work out all the kinks, and soon.

Comment

Yup, today's war is bugged, as expected. Nobody can attack, score is 0-0... yet we still lost. wth ...

Also, our fortress was destroyed long ago. We repaired it and it got destroyed again. Since then we haven't been able to repair it ever again (the game doesn't allow us to).
                          But what I don't get is how our opponents managed to get their shelter repaired twice in the last week. We certainly can't repair our buildings a 2nd time.
                          So that's another bug to add to the list.

Really, this was a good thing you guys implemented in the game, but it's just full of bugs. Come on, sort this out. It's been 2 months and absolutely no progress on your end.

Comment

So we received the rewards from yesterday's war. July 20th.
                            That's (only) the 3rd time in July.

Everything else is the same. I would say that the ratio of days with war vs bugged wars is about 3 out of 5 days.
                            Each time the war is bugged, nobody can attack but the game still decides that one guild wins and the other loses.

Comment

Immediately after today's Guild War ended we received the rewards.

4th time now in July.

Maybe there's still hope.

Comment

Working...
                              X