Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Kill Combo (all Combos): Constructive Discussion on Bosses...And Other Things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Combo (all Combos): Constructive Discussion on Bosses...And Other Things

Hey Guys,

I would like to discuss certain combos and their usage in the game, specifically pertaining to Boss battles. Would also love to hear some feedback from the GM's as well.

Now from my understanding all other combos work during Boss fights (Revives, Passive Att, Passive HP, Damage, Heal, Etc.) but not 2 specific types (Insta-Kill, HP Reduction). I would like to ask why? I see the argument that it makes the bosses 'too easy' to kill, but at the same time, considering how low the drop rate is on Boss cards, I think it should be valid to use. Even if they reduced the proc chance, it would still be beneficial. The reality is that no players use these combos in arena because of the instability behind them, which essentially makes all these combo sets worthless.

People originally complained on the forum because they did not have these specific cards and felt cheated out of a good opportunity to obtain boss cards, while those fortunate enough to have certain cards received an unfair advantage in their eyes. I think someone posted in another forum about remaking certain combos and cards that specifically do damage to bosses. This would be a feature I would like to see explored. Maybe even cards that increase chance of dropping Boss cards...maybe even their own. For example if I obtain T1 Gwar, it boosts its drop rate in Gwar boss fight by .25%...T4 all the way to 1-2%.

Obviously your company doesn't want to lose any revenue, hence the incredible speediness you had removing the ability over the weekend, whilst a myriad of other issues of relative significance are still plague the game (such as the reappearance of the party lock bug in arena) but are not as much of an immediate threat to your revenue. I think you need to try and meet the players somewhere on this. These city events can be done so much better, and in my opinion have a lot of possibilities to generate more revenue without alienating your free players, fringe spenders, and heavy spenders alike.

What do you guys think? Please try and keep it clean and constructive

Man I've been raging a lot recently so I'll try my best to keep this as constructive as possible that being said you pretty much summed up what I wanted to say about how All other combos, except insta kill and HP reduction, work on bosses. I understand why they do that too because they are afraid of losing money (even though they make like thousands a day) but I feel like the boss drops are low and yeah that might sound weird coming from me who used insta kill to get both cards 8 carded but you have to think how long that took me and if you want to know I'll tell you. I took exact time after I got my last boss and it took me approximately 30 hours and 26 minutes, since the beginning of the event, to get these cards both 8 carded not including like 3 hours of sleep that I had and so that being said most people I bet don't have the type of resolve to do that and honestly I'm just a loser who does literally nothing constructive on my free time so I have this time on my hands but most people don't. Anyway back to the main point insta kill and HP reduction won't break the balance of the game because the bosses already have low enough drop rate (Godfrey took me most of my time to get about 19 hours) so please forgive my rudeness in my previous threads I sincerely apologize and I'll try to behave next time like a good boy but please also consider allowing HP reduction combos and instant kill combos to work on bosses.

Comment

1. For the instant-kill or hp-removal combos, I think Kabam need to enhance them one way or another, either to make them work on bosses or to increase their activating prob so that they are useful in arenas. Personally I quite like the idea of multiple-hp-removal combos in one team as in the fire witch combos. Too bad that team is 3* and 4*. I'd definitely want to see those multi-hp-removal combos in the 5* and 6* cards.

Comment

Insta kill and HP reduce should not be allowed for boss farming in city events. The boss card drop rates are too high as it is and 7 days is a long time to grind. Players are getting too spoiled. During the Shiver city event, you'd be lucky to get 1 boss card. And we had to walk in snow, barefoot, to get him!

8 carding a 6* card in one event kills the game.

In summary: (1) no insta kill/hp reduce (2) lower boss card drop rate, maybe rate should decline with more cards you get (3) put something interesting in the easy job, tokens or new 4*-5* cards.

I liked the city events where you had to climb, like shiver city, bring that back. Have special rewards for each job completion.

Comment

Originally posted by zugzwang77 View Post
          Insta kill and HP reduce should not be allowed for boss farming in city events. The boss card drop rates are too high as it is and 7 days is a long time to grind. Players are getting too spoiled. During the Shiver city event, you'd be lucky to get 1 boss card. And we had to walk in snow, barefoot, to get him!

In summary: (1) no insta kill/hp reduce (2) lower boss card drop rate, maybe rate should decline with more cards you get (3) put something interesting in the easy job, tokens or new 4*-5* cards.

I liked the city events where you had to climb, like shiver city, bring that back. Have special rewards for each job completion.
          Dang bro your very conservative like Kabam itself. I can't agree with you saying that the drop rate is to high in fact is is too low many people used like 2k mana pots or more so far getting nothing I used like 4k mana which is a lot of mana in my book so I don't know if your just lucky enough to complain about drop rates being too high but your definitely the minority in this argument because the majority experience low drop rate and your also asking that it decreases with every card? I think that's even more conservative than kabam but I agree with making easy area more attractive.

Comment

Also keep in mind that with these land events, the stronger usually get stronger because they have better boss farming cards and the weaker players find it harder to catch up to the stronger players so what you are suggesting actually breaks the balance more, in my opinion, than restoring it so keep that in mind. Yes some weak players get lucky and burn a few hundred pots for like 2 of the cards but that's only in to a certain extent because most weak and low level players don't have a lot of pots and usually can't afford to continuously hit bosses at level 50 FYI.

Comment

As Jordan has already said, you are in the minority.....but I am in it with you, lol, as I agree with almost everything you said (I wasn't around for the Shiver event last year, so I can't speak to that). Move over, we are now a group of two, haha.

And Jordan, I know it feels like the strong just get stronger, and that might be true on many servers, but it's not the case for everyone. I've watched a ton of people beneath me in strength get stronger and even surpass me in the arenas, as while I've been in the top 11-20 for every event (sitting comfortably in 12th at the moment), I've yet to be able to increase/improve my arena deck since the Golden Galahad event.

Comment

Originally posted by Denaunie View Post
                As Jordan has already said, you are in the minority.....but I am in it with you, lol, as I agree with almost everything you said (I wasn't around for the Shiver event last year, so I can't speak to that). Move over, we are now a group of two, haha.

And Jordan, I know it feels like the strong just get stronger, and that might be true on many servers, but it's not the case for everyone. I've watched a ton of people beneath me in strength get stronger and even surpass me in the arenas, as while I've been in the top 11-20 for every event (sitting comfortably in 12th at the moment), I've yet to be able to increase/improve my arena deck since the Golden Galahad event.
                Three of us. I'm also in agreement

Comment

Originally posted by Denaunie View Post

I didn't think the day would come when I would have to disagree with you too lol. Well we are all entitled to our opinions so I respect yours as well. But dang your really a rebel aren't you Denaunie lol but I can't really add on anymore so I'll just stick to what I already said.

Comment

Sorry I cannot agree with you. The boss drop rate is definitely not HIGH. I grinded the last four golden events and spends thousands of pots and the only thing I got from fighting bosses is s single Golden Gazla. I cannot call it HIGH.

Comment

As I mentioned in my previous post, I think Kabam can use the "hitting points" method to address issue related with these two combos. When there is a chance (the same small chance as Kabam defines) for these two combos activating, the player must hit the correct circle to make the combo work. If Kabam don't want to the player take the advantage that easy, they can increase the number of circles (eg., from current 4 circles to 10 circles). The player could miss the circle easily if he/she dosen't pay enough attention.

Plus, there is also another trade-off for the player that wants to use these two combos. He/she must sits and watches through all the fight procedure and cannot skip it, which is another limitation.

Comment

It seems to me that if you kill the boss 50-60 times, let him reset, and then kill him another 50-60 times that you get about 1 card on average. I don't consider that a particularly high drop rate.

As for the insta-kill, I certainly don't think that they should work on bosses. If they do then the events really just become a matter of running those combos. At that point, who cares how much hp the bosses have? Ultimately the BIG problem with most combos is the importance of a winning streak in arenas. They need to get rid of that, or make it much less of a factor. No one uses combos that aren't extremely reliable (e.g. passive hp/atk boost) for just this reason.

And yes, please put some sort of interesting drops in for killing the Easy boss. I got a pegasus knight from an event chest. It's a 4* card that as of yet has no combos at all. People would enjoy getting 4* & 5* cards from the Easy boss, particularly if they're new cards or ones that aren't in the summon pool. And speaking of chests, could you please make them more common drops for exploring? It's great to get golden arses & maxed 3* & 4* cards, but there's no particular excitement about it. The righteous knights made the first golden event much more interesting, please add chests or some sort of intermittent reward for exploration to future events. The point is to every so often get folk a bit more engaged because they've just picked up something a bit rare. Right now it's really a matter of watching your might increment, kind of a slow motion odomter.

Cheers,
                        Rosen

Comment

I definitely feel that the drop rates are still super low, if anything they felt lower than the Golden events. I think players that don't want Boss cards to drop comes from fear (perhaps too strong of a word) of other players surpassing them by getting lucky. When you are at the top, and if you have spent money, the last thing you would want is a bunch of free players being at your level. This is at least how I see the logic. Personally, I feel that this is the cycle of the game. One day someone has top cards. The next day, new combos come out, or someone gets a card needed for a top combo and then they are on top. The only way to consistently stay on top is to put massive amounts of time into the game and/or pay a ton of money.

If someone has spent the money to buy a crap ton of pots and farms the hell out of the boss for a week, that is a valid way to earn the cards. Conversely, if someone wants to buy thousands of dollars on the war chest to obtain the card, that is valid as well. The question becomes, how much do the instakill and damage reduce Hp combos really affect that process. I imagine the large majority of players never actually achieve 8 card T4, let alone even T4. there is a small amount of (I would guess) top players in each realm who realistically are the ones who have the resources to pull this off.

Personally I am happy when I see decks improving overall on my server. We are still pretty young and only a handful have reached 1mil decks, but I like seeing the steady increase of deck growth per event and storm. No one likes when they stagnate in a game, and that is also why I support stuff like 5* cards dropping from exploration, like famine/pest from Halloween. It keeps the masses improving and entertained.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Ronnet View Post
                            I definitely feel that the drop rates are still super low, if anything they felt lower than the Golden events. I think players that don't want Boss cards to drop comes from fear (perhaps too strong of a word) of other players surpassing them by getting lucky. When you are at the top, and if you have spent money, the last thing you would want is a bunch of free players being at your level. This is at least how I see the logic. Personally, I feel that this is the cycle of the game. One day someone has top cards. The next day, new combos come out, or someone gets a card needed for a top combo and then they are on top. The only way to consistently stay on top is to put massive amounts of time into the game and/or pay a ton of money.

If someone has spent the money to buy a crap ton of pots and farms the hell out of the boss for a week, that is a valid way to earn the cards. Conversely, if someone wants to buy thousands of dollars on the war chest to obtain the card, that is valid as well. The question becomes, how much do the instakill and damage reduce Hp combos really affect that process. I imagine the large majority of players never actually achieve 8 card T4, let alone even T4. there is a small amount of (I would guess) top players in each realm who realistically are the ones who have the resources to pull this off.

Personally I am happy when I see decks improving overall on my server. We are still pretty young and only a handful have reached 1mil decks, but I like seeing the steady increase of deck growth per event and storm. No one likes when they stagnate in a game, and that is also why I support stuff like 5* cards dropping from exploration, like famine/pest from Halloween. It keeps the masses improving and entertained.
                            Hi Dude, I totally agree with you!

Comment

I posted that on the other thread but going to repost here for constructive discussion

I was thinking about that for quite a long time. Way before I learnt that one combo works on bosses and before they disable it

And I think that NOT ALL HP REMOVAL OR INSTAKILL ABILITIES should work on bosses

Before you start screaming, listen out

It make sense to release SPECIAL BOSS KILLER CARDS (or use some of the existing cards and add boss related skills and combos to them)

These cards will have skills like x2, x3, x5, x10 attack of the team/party against boss
                              Use 80%, 50%, 30%, 10% of standard mana when used against boss

And they will have hp removal and Instakill combo that activates only against boss

That can make useless cards like hope, treehound, Alden, prophet, etc desirable and valuable. That also means that not EVERYONE will have most effective kill squad but over time many will be able to get hold of necessary cards like it happened with big boy combo cards ( gods, crack Knights, etc)

PS. As a matter of fact we already have at least 2 boss killer cards. Look on your deck when you raid bourgard and I am pretty sure you will find mist stalker or blade master there. So what wrong with having more cards like that and have special boss related combos?

Comment

Working...
                              X