Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Improving Castle Siege: Aaron & Smash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Castle Siege: Aaron & Smash

This has been discussed before.

http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...ion-Aaron-Dash
    http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...s-amp-Strategy

Let's first look at the problems with the current implementation.

1. Everyone sees castle lords and wants to win them, but they cannot. This leaves players frustrated almost immediately. You beat Ossion to get Ossion. You beat Golden Whoever to get Golden Whoever. Every player wants this to work in much the same way.

2. The ranked rewards are based on points that are somewhat misallocated. This leaves players having to engage in play that's not as engaging as it could be, or more honestly painfully redundant. In particular, the only way to rank is to bash away at walls & gates. In fact you have to do this almost exclusively.

3. Claiming castles is a disadvantage. Any castle that you have claimed is no longer available for you to siege.

4. Upgrading castles is a disadvantage. Any castle that you upgrade only gives an opponent more points when they siege it.

Problems 1 & 3 can be addressed by having the castle lords drop a chest to EVERY MEMBER of a guild that claims a castle. This accomplishes a few things:
    - Because the chest only has a chance to contain the relevant lord (more likely for a 4*, much less likely for 6*) you can engage players in a way that is consistent with their expectatoins: I beat Lapis Knight so I should get a chance to win Lapis Knight.
    - Now everyone wants to claim castles. They will be taken back and forth repeatedly by each faction.
    - Finally, because every member of the relevant guild gets the reward it helps to cement the group. Simply put, guild rewards are far more engaging for players than solo rewards are.

Problem 2 is then largely resolved by the above details. If there is a strong motivation to capture castles this will largely offset the current motivation to just bash on walls & gates. The only modification still really needed is to scale the points from walls, gates & the lord to match their HP. E.g. If a Full Attack on the wall (328k hp) is worth 11 points then a Weak attack (144k hp) should only be worth 4 or 5 points. This eliminates the current motivation to milk a wall or gate for all it's worth by pinging away exclusively with Weak attacks.

Problem 4 is more involved. Perhaps a guild could get 1 ss or a certain number of point each upon successful defense of a castle. Now players have to weigh the value of leaving strong players in the garrison of one of their castles with the value of taking other castles. Ultimatley though, everyone will want castles to be taken back & forth so that chests can be won.

Another option would be simply to get rid of upgrading for the next castle siege. Implement the changes that seem best and leave this aside for now.

Rosen

One additional point of note.

There are a great many ways in which Castle Siege could be modified. I propose these specific changes because they are pretty straightforward to implement. The current structure of the event is left unchanged, only the rewards are altered.

While the primary goal of my recommendation is to improve the game play of this event, a secondary goal is to keep the development effort and risk of introducing accompanying bugs as small as possible.

Comment

Bump.

Agree with the solutions. That said, in order to "take" a Castle it should require a minimum number of guild members ~ 10+. Yes it screws people in smaller guilds, but it is a GUILD event.

That said, disagree with #4 being that involved. Its a 2 part fix in my eyes.

1.) You shouldn't get any increase in points at all. I.E. The guild wall is ALWAYS worth X points regardless of how much it's upgraded. So when I take a castle I want to upgrade it.
      2.) To get people to WANT to upgrade, make it so every day you hold a castle, you get a chest from that castle's boss. Or maybe twice a day (it's debatable).

Last notes for fixing:
      A. To incentivize lower guilds to participate (might not be able to get 10 people on), everyone who doesn't get a chest gets a SS who has hit the boss 1x. SS singular.
      B. Individual rank rewards should be the same.

All in all, the issue with HoC currently is outside of raids and Castle Siege there is VERY little use for mana potions. Further, mana potions are about 40000x harder to burn. What this does is causes people to get a HUGE glut of potions for which there's little reward. This is NOT a good model...

Comment

I think these are good suggestions and I hope the development team seriously considers them.

A quick note to Potemkin: we already need a minimum of guild members to take a castle, but it's 5 and not 10 as appears in the game. I agree though, that should stay.

I like the idea as Rosen laid out for possible boss drops, and those of receiving rewards for successful defense of a castle....my concern to add to this is that the Lords of Castles would then hopefully all be of the same caliber, else some will be constantly attacked more (and/or harder to defend) than others. Claiming a castle with a less desirable Lord will leave a group without any guild defense rewards if nobody is attacking. Likewise, those who capture and defend the castle with the more desirable Lord card would, by design, stand to gain more defense points than others who took a less desirable Lord. I hope this concern makes sense.

I definitely agree, without a doubt, that the PvP points received for attacking should be varied/staggered for troops, walls and gates, and staggered again for all four fight positions contained within each component of the Lord battle. Example: Troops: 1,2,3,4. Walls/Gate (regardless of being upgraded or not) 2,3,4,5. Lords 4,6,8,10.

I would also like to see Garrison PvP points be received for succesful defense regardless of possession (i.e., even if you don't occupy, if you Garrisoned and successfully defended, let's say you get 5 PvP and if you lost, you still get 2 PvP), and for this info to be then visible in the event details. I think it could help motivate players to be more invested in defending their regions, not just their castle.

I hope the development team considers Rosen's (and others') ideas for a facelift to the event. I love the strategy-based activities far better than hack-and-slash for success models and I agree this could be a much better event with what feels like would be minor tweaking by team. But I'm not a developer, so I can't say for sure, lol. Anyway, I remain hopeful.

Comment

You guys have brought up some really good points. I'll pass this info along to the dev team. This is very insightful and the GM team is always striving to improve HoC. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

My concern with adding to the defensive portion of the game is that we end up with guilds squatting on castles all weak. The #1 guild sits in the Lapis Knight castle, #2 in Vortigern, etc. Or, maybe one of the factions is strong enough that it takes and holds all of the 6* and maybe most of the 5* castles and just sits there for the rest of the week.

To be engaging for a week of play we want to see castles taken by one faction and then taken back by another in waves.

So overall I'm concerned about giving rewards for occupying a castle for a given length of time, and possibly even for successfully defending it. I still prefer to roll in rewards for taking castles in the next event, see how that plays out, and then consider defensive rewards in the following event.

Rosen

Comment

You guys talking about a guild reward. But i didn't read that anywhere up. Can't remember there where guild rewards after last cs. *600k is nr 1 atm. So there is another way to get those points. Greets, gunz4hire/warface
              *Bors-26 / excaliber-90

Comment

Originally posted by G4H View Post
                You guys talking about a guild reward. But i didn't read that anywhere up. Can't remember there where guild rewards after last cs. *600k is nr 1 atm. So there is another way to get those points. Greets, gunz4hire/warface
                *Bors-26 / excaliber-90
                600k individual score

Comment

Okay.. The blonde was talking again.. 60k. Sry that i made it a messy reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosencranz View Post
                    My concern with adding to the defensive portion of the game is that we end up with guilds squatting on castles all weak. The #1 guild sits in the Lapis Knight castle, #2 in Vortigern, etc. Or, maybe one of the factions is strong enough that it takes and holds all of the 6* and maybe most of the 5* castles and just sits there for the rest of the week.

To be engaging for a week of play we want to see castles taken by one faction and then taken back by another in waves.

So overall I'm concerned about giving rewards for occupying a castle for a given length of time, and possibly even for successfully defending it. I still prefer to roll in rewards for taking castles in the next event, see how that plays out, and then consider defensive rewards in the following event.

Rosen
                    But a guild can only Occupy one Castle at a time, no more.....am I missing something here?

Comment

Originally posted by G4H View Post
                      *Bors-26 / excaliber-90
                      Last time around for Guild Ranks: 1st = 15 SS's, 2nd place = 10 SS's, 3rd place = 5 SS's for all guild members. This stacked on top of any individual rank rewards. It's suspected the same will occur this time around, though no official info has been posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Kabam_sp4zrocker View Post
                        You guys have brought up some really good points. I'll pass this info along to the dev team. This is very insightful and the GM team is always striving to improve HoC. Thank you for your feedback.
                        please help me man

Comment

Working...
                        X