Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Castle Siege Points & Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle Siege Points & Strategy

Morning boys & girls. Papa Rosen is going to tell you all how to get the best points from castle siege. And when I'm done you'll more or less hate me. Ready? Let's get going.

We can get points from:

Marching/PVP battles: while this is efficient in terms of mana it is too slow
    Hitting Walls & Gates: this gives good points and is pretty quick
    Garrison PVP: this is reasonably efficient mana-wise and not too slow
    Castle Lords: this costs a ton of mana and is slow

Specifically:

Walls: 11 points/battle and 4 battles/minute gives you 44 points/minute
    Gates: 10 points/battle gives you 40 points per minute

So that's it. That's THE ONLY way to rank in castle siege. Find castles, beat on the walls & gates. Skip the garrison. Skip the lord. Never claim a castle (now you just have fewer options for future sieges). And absolutely never upgrade walls & gates -- that just gives other players more points (more than 11 & 10, resp.) when they attack the castle.

Now honestly, hitting walls & gates for 7 days for as many hours as you can mash on them buttons is not a very engaging event. In fact, it kind of sucks. But that is THE ONLY way to rank. So grind away my monkeys, grind.

And yet, the bones of castle siege are terrific. This is an event in need of love. It could be a great event. Details on how in a future post.

Cheers,
    Rosen

Great stats post, though I think anyone who actually does CS knows all of this already --- and why you would want to share this info with those who haven't figured it out yet is beyond me. (Sorry, I'm just competitive that way and am enjoying my Rank 2 spot Individually and for my Guild, they could use those rank/guild reward SS's!)

I agree that many things could be done to improve the event, absolutely, without a doubt; however, for the time being, I feel your strategy is better when soloing, but that in our experience it does not apply as much if you have an active guild who Sieges together (like mine).

Personally, I don't grind unless there is nobody else around to siege a castle with me, and that is rare. Even if we can't overturn or Occupy, the SS for me are worth it. I'm up to 130 SS's since last storm ended, and 100 of those are from CS boss fights (10 from Mystery chest and 20 from Arena rank and might awards). Having our guildmates all on one castle at the same time provides us with much overall PvP points for guild rank, plus individual PvP points for individual rank, simultaneously. We have a structure in place for those members with few and those with many pots alike and by combining our efforts, tend to use less pots overall.

Guild mates have received 5* cards from CS Boss Fights; sure, at a low rate and only 5*, but still, for some that's a nice perk.

I also have received a ton of 3* and 4* feeders during Boss Fights to use for all the cards I accumulated during the last Summon Storm. As leader of my guild, I primarily stay in Silver or Bronze during our daily raids, to let others get the Boss cards they want, and so I don't really have the opportunity to acquire SS's and feeders during raids like many other people do/can. Having to opportunity to do Boss fights during CS is very much a perk for me personally.

So all I can say is it truly doesn't have to be a grind to rank, not if you have an active guild. Can it be done that way? Sure. Is it the only way to rank? No, I feel (and I, my guildmates, and my guild are proof) that it is not.

Individual Rank: currently 2nd, 24072
    Guild Rank: currently 2nd, 54088

Pots spent: +/- 350

Comment

Yeah it is 1 of the flaws of CS.. I really think there should be more benefit to defeating a lord

Comment

The biggest flaw of the CS is that it is not like a battle field at all.

People should be motivated to defend castles. Make them lose something if they don't.

Comment

The biggest issue with cs is that there is more incentive in farming walls than going for the lord, defending a castle has no benefits whatsoever... so why should i do it. Last cs i was first at 100k pvp points, this seige i am below 3k points because 3 6* mystery chests is basically more or less feeder chests considering i have 15 godly cards now. It's sad to see that cs gives you "less" rewards for the same effort you would put in city events. only the rank rewards count in cs, the drop rate of ss in cs is low enough compared to city events.

Comment

1.) Completely agree.
            2.) Old Comments on Siege
            3.) Do we know the actual guild rewards?

Comment

I put those comments out to highlight the structure of the event.

There are reasonably good ss drops from the lords as well as fodder, so I'm not saying no one should tackle the garrisons & lords. I'm just pointing out that bashing walls & gates is really the only way to rank. That is such an egregious flaw that it needs to be highlighted or it can't/won't get fixed.

Cheers,
              Rosen

Comment

Originally posted by Denaunie View Post
                and why you would want to share this info with those who haven't figured it out yet is beyond me.
                It's too late for anyone who hasn't yet figured this out to get into the running, but it's not too late to fix things for the next castle siege. Tweaks could even be made this time around. Since you're competitive you know that i haven't said everything involved in ranking.

Rosen

Comment

Originally posted by Rosencranz View Post
                  It's too late for anyone who hasn't yet figured this out to get into the running, but it's not too late to fix things for the next castle siege. Tweaks could even be made this time around. Since you're competitive you know that i haven't said everything involved in ranking.

Rosen
                  Fair enough.

Comment

Bottom line they need to nerf pvp points for hitting walls or raise the pvp points for actual boss farming. I think most players who still play this game is competitive by heart but don't force us to waste our lives hitting the wall for days to be ranked. It's outright retarded.

Comment

And my recommendations for fixing Castle Siege.

http://community.kabam.com/forums/sh...aron-amp-Smash

Comment

CS Sucks. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by athakur94 View Post
                          CS Sucks. Period.
                          That's not really constructive, lol. If you can't be part of the solution, fine. But please don't be part of the problem. :P

Comment

Working...
                          X