Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Increasing might earned in arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing might earned in arena

Hi aaron/dash,

Can you guys suggest to the dev/engineer to increase the winning might (+10, +8, or +5 currently) or to increase survival bonus.

As you might have known already, people have gained hugeeee amount of tickets over the calamity events (and also the recent arenas in which golds are used as entrance fee). and this result in a huge amount of weak players dominating the arena by "losing their way up". For example in the ice arena, there were players that won't even be top 50 yet they were having 20k+ might from losing the battles (in fact, there's multiple of them in the top 10).

I know fighting in kamikaze style is a strategy and perhaps a good way for weak players to get might rewards, but this, I believe, have taken away the point of the game as having better deck and compete. Since tickets (or even golds) are way cheaper than getting good cards from stones / chest, it would mean all we need to do from now on is to invest in ticket but not in deck.

So i hope you guys can increase the amount of might from winning in arena (for example, raise to +20, +16, or +10). This will allow players that actually "win" to have a better advantage than people who "lose". or even increase the survival bonus.

Kabam should give a better incentive to people who actually "win" the battles than people who lose their way up. Maybe there's better way out there that will help with this problem. but i think with this approach, the weak deck can still lose their way up to get might reward or even rank reward, but strong deck would still maintain their advantage in the arena. or we could always revert back to the original arena design, where we fight people based on ranks and not based on our win/lose ratio.

Cheers

I kind of disagree with you there. This is a somewhat one sided view from the vantage a player with a strong deck that doesn't appreciate that in SOME arenas, there are opportunities for weaker players to excel or reap rewards for raw effort. The problem with the "ticket only" arena style was that weaker players had absolutely no hope of getting arena rewards. If I'm not mistaken, the Ice arena (at least on my server) was ticket-based. The "Pots & Tix" arena and the "Guild Scroll" arenas on the other hand were gold-based. I think it's important that there are some opportunities now and then for weak players to get stronger. I personally think there is better balance for now. It remains to be seen how strategies will adjust to exploit the new arrangement.

Comment

I did that on a pot arena once. Took 2.5 hours to grind out 4k might lol so if a weak player can grind out 10 to 20k might to win a top position I say they deserve it imo xD

Comment

My sentiments exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by x Kairos x View Post
          I kind of disagree with you there. This is a somewhat one sided view from the vantage a player with a strong deck that doesn't appreciate that in SOME arenas, there are opportunities for weaker players to excel or reap rewards for raw effort. The problem with the "ticket only" arena style was that weaker players had absolutely no hope of getting arena rewards. If I'm not mistaken, the Ice arena (at least on my server) was ticket-based. The "Pots & Tix" arena and the "Guild Scroll" arenas on the other hand were gold-based. I think it's important that there are some opportunities now and then for weak players to get stronger. I personally think there is better balance for now. It remains to be seen how strategies will adjust to exploit the new arrangement.
          Well, weak players are weak because they don't spend as much, so do they really deserve for arena reward more than the people who spend ? (i am a non-spender too btw) plus it's not like they are not getting the might reward, they are still getting it and perhaps even compete for rank rewards, it's just strong people (people who invest $$/time in their deck) should have an advantage in arena.

In flash arena / pot arena, i think it's totally fine for using gold cuz everyone should have built up tons of golds anyways. but as for rank arena, it should remain ticket based to stop people from kamikaze all the time.

and as for ice arena. a weak person who lose their way up might prob take the exactly same amount of time to reach the same might as strong ppl win&lose their way up, since strong people are almost always stuck with people they can't win anyways.

I think the problem now is there's just too much tickets being given out in the event. kabam should really reduce the amount of ticket giving out. I just don't think "losing to win" is the way to go in this game. This game has already made so easy for the new/weak players already (think just last year when being top10 in arena you only get 3 stones and there's no stones at all in might reward), also with tons of mini-chest or chest to get cards (before it's all summon promo that is not even great).

so in my opinion, if kabam doesn't do anything about it (either increasing winning might or reduce losing might), old/spent players will likely to quit the game and you can have all the weak/new/non-spend players losing their way in arena =)

Comment

ACTUALLY...

As part of our arena matchmaking updates, I want to update the system so that might is dynamic and relative to the difficulty of the opponent. Not the "Challenging/Average/Easy" thing, but the player you are actually fighting.

Do keep in mind, arenas are for all players. Strong players will always have the advantage, sure, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the weaker players. People often complain about making it too easy for them, or making too many arenas for them. But keep in mind, they are the majority of the player base. And even when it's "easy" for them, how often do you see them win the top 10-20 prizes?

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_Kabam View Post
              ACTUALLY...

As part of our arena matchmaking updates, I want to update the system so that might is dynamic and relative to the difficulty of the opponent. Not the "Challenging/Average/Easy" thing, but the player you are actually fighting.
              Now that's a change I'd be happy to see. It encourages a little risk-taking when choosing opponents. It would be great if the High-risk, high-reward component could potentially keep pace with the monster streak reward place (low-risk, only fighting the truly weak).

Comment

Now that's a change I'd be happy to see. It encourages a little risk-taking when choosing opponents. It would be great if the High-risk, high-reward component could potentially keep pace with the monster streak reward place (low-risk, only fighting the truly weak).

We might have to test it a little bit to get the right balance. To start, I think we'll take a bit of a conservative approach. I wrote up the algorithm for calculating Might rewards, and I think a victory should range from about 8 - 20 Might, and a defeat from about 3 - 5. But if we feel these aren't getting the job done, I can tweak the algorithm a bit.

This won't come until either 3.3 or 3.4, though -- along with a slew of other arena / ELO / matchmaking updates.

Comment

ACTUALLY...

Do keep in mind, arenas are for all players. Strong players will always have the advantage, sure, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the weaker players. People often complain about making it too easy for them, or making too many arenas for them. But keep in mind, they are the majority of the player base. And even when it's "easy" for them, how often do you see them win the top 10-20 prizes?

I m glad something is putting in place to improve the matchmaking system.

Yes I understand arena is for all players, and I am totally fine with arena made just for those people. it's just the "lose to win" style shifts the winning factor from DECK+TIME to TIME+TIME. For example, losing a battle gives you 4 might. but for a strong player winning the easy opponent is only 5 might (which the "easy" opponent is prob super strong and no survival bonus). and if strong players have to compete with weak players, they basically have to go kamikaze as well, which the streak bonus would be near 0 as well. so for now, winning "easy" opponent and losing is basically the same.

and frankly, for the latest arena, probably half of the players in top10-20 prizes are not even close to top50 of the realm. For example the stag arena, almost half of the people i don't even recognize at all (and i have been playing in the same realm for 8 months).

and i am not saying we should exclude the weak players by inhibiting the "Lose to win" style , just making strong players more rewarding for being "win to win".

Comment

I completely agree. If you put the time in you should be rewarded. We can't have a system where the strong always win. If a weak player spends a lot of time to get ahead they deserve it. A strong player already has a severe advantage and with less effort they will win. We don't need to make it so it's impossible for lower levels as well. I feel having multiple arenas with might ran rewards running at the same time would help in this sense forcing players to choose which arena to focus on and split up competion a bit. Maybe save arenas and have them launch at the same time instead of spreading them out so you cant win them all.

Comment

Aaron. Interesting idea on Super Arena. 2 tickets per battle. I think that will help a litle vs cheaters that use autoclick to get tickets and climb by loosing.

I think that was a nice idea. Congrats

Comment

ACTUALLY...

I think it is a very good start. Let's give kabam more time.

Comment

Why the dont the strong player have to fight for the price. You have hyge advance agaist weak player even they use kamikaze tactics. If strong player play all 3 opponent it gets 23 might + streak bonus when weak gets 12-23 might matching systems wont work so hard can be easy and other way round. Weak has earned the price if they use 10 hours strait grinding to get top price After that 2 hours strong player use to fight it has to only make few fight and again weak have to use few ours more to get top prise again. Strong players dont be so lasy eve you have tons of money to spend still now you need work also in arena to get all prises

Comment

In my realm for example the Ice arena need 32k might to get rank 10.
                            I've seen people using BOT lose all night long through 30k might.
                            In this case each defeat point was 4 (include streak bonus), so 30k might equal to 7500 tix.
                            For some, 7500 tix is not a big deal because they probably gain 40k tix from calamity already.

The outcome is if player who don't run arena with BOT will never win.

Comment

Working...
                            X