Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

3.2 and beyond; business suggestions and etc

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3.2 and beyond; business suggestions and etc

    3.2 Changes and a few business suggestions

    Dear Aaron, Dash and Kabaam and HOC players,

    I understand the amount of time and overtime that you guys have been putting in to fix the certain bugs that came with the patch; so first, I would like to thank you for your continued efforts in endeavors to make the user experience as smooth as possible in this transitional phase.

    To the community, I would like to ask for your patience and understanding during these “unstable” times and trust in Kabaam. At the very least, they handled the “calamity”, in a responsible and conciliatory manner that found ways to appease the general community and find reasonable solutions and middle grounds. Kabaam listens to us, and will definitely fix these issues. Everything worthwhile requires time.

    I would like to suggest some fixes for Kabaam that would be “quick-wins” to the community and Kabaam with the consideration of Kabaam’s business needs. I know that some players do not consider the revenue that HOC generates, when they pose their requirements, needs and wants, but let me reinforce; that in order to have better future developments of this game, we have to make HOC generate revenue. Better revenue for HOC, would mean an expansion of their team, support, and thus, a better game and user experience.

    1. The Vault is amazing with the paying community, I’ve used it and it provides an amazing way to horde cards that aren’t in use. It also expands, organizes your cards by kind, and the user interface is great! Here are some minor changes; with an addition of a request that I think may or may not be acceptable (summon stones).
    a. Allow cards to be collected by number- this doesn’t work yet.
    b. Allow Arena and Event Rewards to enter here; I believe this is also beneficial to whales, especially on newer and mid-aged servers this is still the case.
    c. Allow Summon Stone Cards to enter this; this might pose quite a debatable topic since this is a highly monetizable avenue. My inference is that the sole purpose of the vault is to provide no wall for whales. I think there are two main points of arguments here; once you allow summon stones to enter this vault, then the vault will need to have a “cap” (for it to be monetizable), but once there is a cap, then the whole existence of the vault is compromised (to allow “unlimited purchases”). A solution that could be done would be (and I may be speaking over my head, because I have no programming experience), is to create a secondary vault called the vault 2.0, treasury, or whatever name that suites it, and provide X amount of slots for free, and purchasable additional slots (I would think that there are 2 line that would be changed here; the source, and limit; again, let me reiterate, I may be speaking over my head). The paying players can expand it; and the free to play players could also expand it once they reach a certain level (i.e. somewhat like the party expansion). Prior to reaching these levels, they could use the attachments first.
    2. Unfortunately, attachments feel like a step back from the treasury. It’s chunkier, there isn’t a lot of fluidity, and it is too much of a hassle to use it. I wasted about 15 minutes trying to find a card I had in there. In the end, I had to note down, the time I acquired the card, and what card it was.
    a. Add an icon or portrait on attachments so we know which card is in there
    b. Add a collect all
    3. Arena Costs: It’s a great change having gold and tickets; there are a few considerations that could be made though. With regards to target group, some adjustments could be made. Arenas that target the newer, and mid-range players should be cost gold, while for arena’s that target upper mid to high players, it should be tickets. For instance, a 24 star, of 5 star below arena should require gold, while arenas such as pots and tix, summon stones, should require tickets. I say this because the players with more developed decks as well as the spenders are often low on gold, while the new to mid players have an excess of gold. Another consideration that could be made as well would be the devaluation of tickets, due to events such as calamity and such. For instance, if I wanted to, I can acquire 200k might in 1 arena with a Taal (just burning tickets and getting that 4 might per win).
    4. I’m not sure if calamity was the most successful event ever for HOC sales-wise, but it was definitely the most that I have spent on for one event. For me, the packs and reward (war) provided value, because it ensured that I was able to build one solid team (although I have 18-20 blademasters…and I don’t know what to do to them). The reason here is because there were team synergies in the cards in the pack, as well as the reward. Veteran Paladin, War, and Weapon Master could all combine to provide a good (top 5) combo-a 175% passive and very sought after combo. My suggestion is that on the new release of the new cards in next event, have Death, and have certain passive combo with the new cards that are to be released. Create a strong demand for the reward.
    5. Vanity cards and Combos-One thing about top tier arena is that most of the metagame is similar. They are either running celestials or gods, with their icon or portrait as Vambrael or Rhianon. In the future, I think it would appease a certain demographic (Whales) of having “hard to obtain” cards such as War, Drust, and what you may come up with that could have parallel or at least comparable combos to these two teams. From MTG, I have a complete power 9 that I don’t use, but I have them for vanity’s sake. It appeases the collector and big spenders of the game.

    Thank you and I hope you have a great day.

  • #2
    Summon stones, raid rewards or anything gotten not by gems, will not go into vault because it is accesible by all other servers in which you have an account. For Example, If you place into the same arena on 10 different servers for 5 summon stones.... say with those 5 summon stones you use on each server you obtain 4 6* cards (lucky day), you then could just have one account pick them up, which is unfair to everyone on that server.

    so nice try.

    Comment


    • #3
      What!? The same Vault works for any server!?!? Unbelivable O_O'
      We need a "vault" system instead of attachment. (WITH A COUNTER THAT GOES BEYOND 9!!, 999 would be great).

      I just miss old treasury already

      ...I was hoping summon stones end up there..

      Comment


      • #4
        At least we know gold Donkeys won't disappear anymore.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re 3.2 Suggestions (It is Good to use GOLD for a variety of ARENAS)

          This update has introduced some improvements and a variety of challenges that are hopefully in the process of being fixed.

          That being said, a minor change that I see as an improvement is the use of GOLD as an alternative to TICKETS in some arenas.

          I respectfully disagree with the idea of going back to TICKETS for the Potions & Tix arenas ... because Gold is easier for players of all levels to obtain (especially if they have learned to QUEST FARM at the Fifth City : Priory Mount) and it allows everyone to accumulate the potions and tickets they need as long as they are willing to spend the time required for it.

          I do agree that for other arenas ... like Super Arenas for example, TICKETS should continue to be the requirement.

          Comment


          • #6
            expand the deck to 200 - and great update. And thank u began ban cheaters! Really good work

            Comment


            • #7
              Few notes from GM of a recently moved mini-whale guild (we're not full whale $1000+, but we spend a good chunk) from a different game:

              Attachments are horrendous. I mean this is the most awful thing in the game right now for me personally. Vault is great, attachments are awful. Having to CONSTANTLY leave a zone while farming is the most counter-intuitive thing I've ever seen. IF you're going to leave overfill farmed fodder to go into attachments, then at least make it: A.) a selectable list or B.) show up during "upgrade". I.E. If I can see everything that goes into attachments and select it to feed to my cards, fantastic!

              Low Mid-Tier Raid. So right now raiding is either laughable (Bourgard) or serious business (Jezebel+) as a starting player. You go from requiring 28.35 mil in 3 hours to 59.04 in 30 minutes. How is this logical progression? I'm not saying hand out welfare cards (that'd piss me off after spending money), but Bourgard isn't even a tuneup for Jezebel after like 1 week. It's like saying you're going to play a sport in junior high, then jump right to Division 1 College with nothing in between. We need the equivalent of high school.

              Slightly More Consistency with Cards. Every game ever created has "THE" cards. MTG as the OP mentioned had the Moxes / Lotus / Etc. This game has Knights, Death, Vet Pally, Etc. Gotit. However, how come there are lower tier cards that are just so b*t**** crazy OP at times? Sun Mage for example. Compare Sun Mage to Stormcaller. It's like comparing Barry Bonds circa 1987 to Barry Bonds Circa 2001. Compare: 125% * HP = Damage or 40% * HP = Damage. WTF? Even his combos are worse. The difference? 1 mana. Huh?! I'm not saying don't make good cards, I'm just saying for non-"THE" cards, should we have slightly more balance?

              No Useless Cards 4* Plus. I know this is impossible, but hear me out. Pulling a 5* or a 6* should be a fist pump moment. YES! WOOO! But seldom is it. Get a cockatrice and you might as well have seen "Fodder" on the card and the picture of a steak. Seriously, that thing...bad. Why do these cards need to exist? There are so many bunk cards that could tie together 2-3 crap cards and make a decent combo. At least then (early game) I can feel like I'm not losing to the gods of fate. Because if I've seen players in my guild debate quitting b/c "other guy" in the guild is pulling Sun Mage and they're pulling Marble Guardian.

              Just a few thoughts from a new player.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Potemkin Ch 5 View Post
                Few notes from GM of a recently moved mini-whale guild (we're not full whale $1000+, but we spend a good chunk) from a different game:

                Attachments are horrendous. I mean this is the most awful thing in the game right now for me personally. Vault is great, attachments are awful. Having to CONSTANTLY leave a zone while farming is the most counter-intuitive thing I've ever seen. IF you're going to leave overfill farmed fodder to go into attachments, then at least make it: A.) a selectable list or B.) show up during "upgrade". I.E. If I can see everything that goes into attachments and select it to feed to my cards, fantastic!

                Low Mid-Tier Raid. So right now raiding is either laughable (Bourgard) or serious business (Jezebel+) as a starting player. You go from requiring 28.35 mil in 3 hours to 59.04 in 30 minutes. How is this logical progression? I'm not saying hand out welfare cards (that'd piss me off after spending money), but Bourgard isn't even a tuneup for Jezebel after like 1 week. It's like saying you're going to play a sport in junior high, then jump right to Division 1 College with nothing in between. We need the equivalent of high school.

                Slightly More Consistency with Cards. Every game ever created has "THE" cards. MTG as the OP mentioned had the Moxes / Lotus / Etc. This game has Knights, Death, Vet Pally, Etc. Gotit. However, how come there are lower tier cards that are just so b*t**** crazy OP at times? Sun Mage for example. Compare Sun Mage to Stormcaller. It's like comparing Barry Bonds circa 1987 to Barry Bonds Circa 2001. Compare: 125% * HP = Damage or 40% * HP = Damage. WTF? Even his combos are worse. The difference? 1 mana. Huh?! I'm not saying don't make good cards, I'm just saying for non-"THE" cards, should we have slightly more balance?

                No Useless Cards 4* Plus. I know this is impossible, but hear me out. Pulling a 5* or a 6* should be a fist pump moment. YES! WOOO! But seldom is it. Get a cockatrice and you might as well have seen "Fodder" on the card and the picture of a steak. Seriously, that thing...bad. Why do these cards need to exist? There are so many bunk cards that could tie together 2-3 crap cards and make a decent combo. At least then (early game) I can feel like I'm not losing to the gods of fate. Because if I've seen players in my guild debate quitting b/c "other guy" in the guild is pulling Sun Mage and they're pulling Marble Guardian.

                Just a few thoughts from a new player.
                always love your insights.

                your attachment idea is so awesome... is this the idea? We select a card that we want to be fed, then when farming when we have a card pop, in the right side it says Feed or Keep.

                would definitely be a nice improvement to the farming scene.


                About the raids. Jezebel even though a 5* card, has the stats of a 6* card and at T4 will go to level 100 (like a 6* card). So really, Ossion is more of the next set since you have 1 hour to defeat him.


                I agree with your 3rd and 4th points also.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Luteuel View Post
                  always love your insights.

                  your attachment idea is so awesome... is this the idea? We select a card that we want to be fed, then when farming when we have a card pop, in the right side it says Feed or Keep.

                  would definitely be a nice improvement to the farming scene.


                  About the raids. Jezebel even though a 5* card, has the stats of a 6* card and at T4 will go to level 100 (like a 6* card). So really, Ossion is more of the next set since you have 1 hour to defeat him.


                  I agree with your 3rd and 4th points also.
                  Regarding attachments. The idea is that in your actual "folder" view you have a picture of what's in them (think like when you win rewards in an arena) and a check box next to it. Then instead of opening each mail and selecting it, you just check mark and "open".

                  Regarding the foddering side of it, you would just make it so when you were "upgrading" cards, you saw your 80-100 card deck + your attachments. I.E. It'd be a loooooong list, but ffs, i'd rather do that than go back and forth and back and forth. it also keeps you from having to "store" bs cards you don't need in your "deck" area.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Potemkin Ch 5 View Post
                    Regarding attachments. The idea is that in your actual "folder" view you have a picture of what's in them (think like when you win rewards in an arena) and a check box next to it. Then instead of opening each mail and selecting it, you just check mark and "open".

                    Regarding the foddering side of it, you would just make it so when you were "upgrading" cards, you saw your 80-100 card deck + your attachments. I.E. It'd be a loooooong list, but ffs, i'd rather do that than go back and forth and back and forth. it also keeps you from having to "store" bs cards you don't need in your "deck" area.
                    My thought on this is... WHY AN INGAME MAIL ATTACHMENT? So the mail attachment idea to capture "overflow" is simply a container... a cumbersome to use container. There is already code for vaults, inventory, treasury, deck... all CONTAINERS that hold stuff. Every other container is WAY less cumbersome to use than the mail attachment bucket. So why not skip the silly attachment idea and just have a "treasury-like" container instead... it's a shell game really. A container is a container is a container, so why must one be so overwhelmingly (ok exaggerating) cumbersome to use? Streamline it... make it smarter. The capacity to hold 100 to 500 cards is the goal. Where to stick them is the solution. Email attachments is just a poor solution when other tried and true ones already exist. Does that make sense?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for all the great feedback guys. we're really working on trying to fix any perceived problems with 3.2 so that we can move forward with a clean slate. I'll definitely pass all this along to the game team, as there are some valuable takeaways here.

                      ~Dash
                      http://willowreels.com/cialis-com/

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X