Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

How kabam ruined the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lolahsieh View Post
    Don't be scared to fight me Ken.. it's ok.. I will admit also I'm scared
    Damn no one supposed to know this . Your our secret weapon!

Comment

The problem is, there is little incentive to spend and even getting the desired cards gives close to 0 satisfaction in the end. Better cards and combos will be out even before you have had a chance to build and use that badass new combo. Your adavantage relative to a free player isn't actually as much as you'd like to believe. You most likely still cannot fight other top players and your expensive deck can, at best, ensure that you will reach the intended might faster. A committed free player with less than half your stats can still beat you on rank riding arena guardians and "nerfed decks" ("Could you please nerf?" requests have become a trend on my server and are now not even restricted to Flash arenas). On top of this, people who joined the spending bandwagon late will have an advantage over your now obsolete deck. In the end, you will be extremely frustrated and probably quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Noob_5KKCS6J View Post
        When someone spends close to ten thousand dollars and loses his streak to players who spent a fraction (less than 3%) of what he spent
        with that sense of entitlement you should play WoW. you would fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by Dabrixmgp View Post
          with that sense of entitlement you should play WoW. you would fit right in.
          Im just saying that kabam has a terrible formula balancing players with money and time. Youd have to spend several more thousand dollars, and on top of that grind a few hours less than weaker players do a day. If you spend thousands and only have 2~ hours a day to play, that wont be enough to secure a lead. If it's bad now, and these big spenders in my server quit, give it a few months till more people have these imbalanced cards. If you use these cards, you can only treat it as a stat card as their skill not procing in a battle is normal. However battling someone with one... Well that's you playing russian roulette everytime you battle them.

See megion's deck? If he didnt have totem, just put in a remove hp or chance to insta kill his first team, and he's done. You will end his streak at least once before he's done. As soon as kabam releases another combo like totem, and people have x3 1m hp teams, then it will come down to who's new card procs more?

Comment

I can say that totem saved me with his 125/125 combo. Playing 2 tank, one of them with high atack much better that 1 tank and 2 dd with weak hp.
            Before totem i had gaznar, morb, kings guard and hellborn egg, it was about 200k atk and 400k hp with ibma skills (i thought) but in real fight they wasnt proc, maybe 1 proc in 3 fights.
            My deck was 900/250 and i was loosing to guys with 700/200 decks just because his tank revived, my not and proc didnt worked...

Comment

Originally posted by MegioN View Post
              I can say that totem saved me with his 125/125 combo. Playing 2 tank, one of them with high atack much better that 1 tank and 2 dd with weak hp.
              Before totem i had gaznar, morb, kings guard and hellborn egg, it was about 200k atk and 400k hp with ibma skills (i thought) but in real fight they wasnt proc, maybe 1 proc in 3 fights.
              My deck was 900/250 and i was loosing to guys with 700/200 decks just because his tank revived, my not and proc didnt worked...
              This is what I mean, exactly. You will be forced to spend thousands getting totem or suffer the same fate.

Comment

I don't think the raw high stats and lame proc rate of new cards is the reason why this game is slowly dying. The main reasons from the perspective of a paying player are:

- too many cards launched in a short time frame. The speed they are throwing new cards in the game is insane. With the new enhance system it takes ages to get a legendary to t4 (8 cards). Once you are there , you realize kabam launched a new batch of cards with a new combo and you must focus to other cards. This game had no new cards for almost a year (except the ones fom certain events: Christmas, Halloween, etc) and now all of a sudden it's flooded with new cards on a daily basis. No incentive to spend anymore, since next day you realize you cards will be obsolete and you didn't even manage to use them. I stopped half way with quite a few cards in favor of new cards and never got to use them.

- making premium content available for free. Making gaznar and shiver available as roaming bosses every couple of weeks, while other players spent a lot to get them was a poor decision. Everybody can get them now if they have enough pots. And people do have free pots, just because Kabam never bothers to ban people that use farm bots. I was one of the people that spent quite a lot to get gaznar from chests. When i saw they released it as a roaming boss, I realized they won't stop just at gaznar, so I refused to spend to get shiver, patiently waiting for him as a roaming boss. And it came. And to completely destroy the game they started adding any legendary card as a roaming boss with ironbark. I will patiently wait for totem guard as a roaming boss now and I know kabam won't fail to please me. There's absolutely no way I would pay for cards again, just to see them gone free weeks later.

- unusual promos with insane drop rate in the middle of the night, where people could get 17 legendaries out of 7000 gems. That promo was probabaly a f..k up and not intentional, but made a huge difference into spending thousands of dollars and get crap for months and spending 100 dollars and get 17 legendaries in a matter of minutes.

The only reason why people probably keep spending is to have the cards the moment they are launched, but playing this game I realized that patience saves your money and I closed my wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by Noobasaurus_1337 View Post
                  I don't think the raw high stats and lame proc rate of new cards is the reason why this game is slowly dying. The main reasons from the perspective of a paying player are:

- too many cards launched in a short time frame. The speed they are throwing new cards in the game is insane. With the new enhance system it takes ages to get a legendary to t4 (8 cards). Once you are there , you realize kabam launched a new batch of cards with a new combo and you must focus to other cards. This game had no new cards for almost a year (except the ones fom certain events: Christmas, Halloween, etc) and now all of a sudden it's flooded with new cards on a daily basis. No incentive to spend anymore, since next day you realize you cards will be obsolete and you didn't even manage to use them. I stopped half way with quite a few cards in favor of new cards and never got to use them.

- making premium content available for free. Making gaznar and shiver available as roaming bosses every couple of weeks, while other players spent a lot to get them was a poor decision. Everybody can get them now if they have enough pots. And people do have free pots, just because Kabam never bothers to ban people that use farm bots. I was one of the people that spent quite a lot to get gaznar from chests. When i saw they released it as a roaming boss, I realized they won't stop just at gaznar, so I refused to spend to get shiver, patiently waiting for him as a roaming boss. And it came. And to completely destroy the game they started adding any legendary card as a roaming boss with ironbark. I will patiently wait for totem guard as a roaming boss now and I know kabam won't fail to please me. There's absolutely no way I would pay for cards again, just to see them gone free weeks later.

- unusual promos with insane drop rate in the middle of the night, where people could get 17 legendaries out of 7000 gems. That promo was probabaly a f..k up and not intentional, but made a huge difference into spending thousands of dollars and get crap for months and spending 100 dollars and get 17 legendaries in a matter of minutes.

The only reason why people probably keep spending is to have the cards the moment they are launched, but playing this game I realized that patience saves your money and I closed my wallet.
                  Couldnt agree more... i just need to sacrifice a deer to Odin and be blessed by fate while summoning and i'm pretty much set.

Comment

Answering your first point. Yes, people are throwing several hundreds getting legendaries, some probably even in the 4 digit for a card. All that money down the drain and its skill proc is no where near reliable, turning it into a jez/ossion card thats more offensive and is in the camelot or druid faction. You got 8 card kings guard and spent $1k on it? I have a t4 jez with similar stats. The difference? Kings guard has an offensive and more op skill, but extremely low chance that it can be counted as non existant. These cards were overhyped and ultimately led to disappointment.

Second point, Im sure that's a great point as well. But, correct me if im wrong, people dont get enough to make it viable. In my server, there was only 1 person who got more than 1 gaznar, me. I haven't heard of anyone getting more than 2 shiver or ironbarks either. Being the top guild, I think there were 3 players in my guild that got 1 ironbark each. Still though, when someone gets 4 gaznars like I did, Im sure it would be frustrating when someone else who spent money only get 1 from the chest, and none from the boss itself after 40 levels and hear me get so many. So that could play a factor, those cards have suddenly become less desirable. The arena released 5 gaznars, it was a crazy arena too. I got 4 from the roaming gaznar, dozens suddenly flooded the server. It was nice that they cared about the weaker players, but the stronger normally benefits more from these events because they can do way more battles than a weaker could.

Unusual promos. Without a doubt. Ive bought 3 champion packs ($100) once, I got nathra and was disappointed. Was a few months ago anyway. Now that would've been enough to t4 my galzra, to finally get vambrael etc.

Now Id rate your first point, combined with mine, the top factor which is game breaking, in a bad way. The third point a close second. The second at third.

Comment

New cards, new designs

Hey there,

well i am obviously not the normal heroes user as i only spent about 20 to 30 euros in total for this game. So i will not cry about all the payment stuff, BUT...

You Kabam are heading the wrong way by constantly changing the gaming enviroment:

1. The most annoying point are the new cards you introduced. 1st thing which annoys me: what the **** do those cards have to do with camelot anyway? You had such a good start by choosing a well known story setting with which alot of people can identify. Now you added the 4 riders of the apocalypse. Why not add Gandalf, or why not just me, Tukatuka as a new card. But wait, this is what you are currently doing right? Making cards from paying players. You are a greedy bunch of styleless idiots.
                      And secondly, why are all the new cards so incredibly crappy? Wow 15% more proc-chance for a combo of 4 cards with 2 legendaries or other comparable crap. You just make it harder for the players to get the cards they really want. But this is your whole intention, isnt it? Pressing the most money in the shortest time out of a game concept, which could have lived on for a long time, if it wasnt run by people who only want to see quick profit.
                      And thirdly, why did you remove the funky 3d effect of legendary cards? Why do you mess with good things which you already introduced?

Which leads us to the most important point:

2. Stop playing around with game mechanics in a pay-game! You add new combos to cards which previously were crap, you make rare cards easily available in order to get all those lucky/paying people to spend money again, you change drop rates of potions at city bosses, etc.

What you are basically doing is to kill motivation! You destroy a game by constantly playing around with game mechanics.

It is sad to see, that people gave you so much money. I bet there is some greedy project manager sitting there, staring on the numbers and does not care at all, what designers and programmers initially invested in this game...

I am quite sure, that the name Kabam wont be of interest in 5 years to go.

And thank god for that! :-)

Comment

The reason this game fails is because it has the worst dev team imaginable by man. I mean these guys are unreal:

5 months + still to fix CHAT.
                        5 months + still bugged card abilities.
                        5 months + still arena gem eating bugs.

Shiver OP bug: for the longest time arenas were dominated by the lucky ones who got 1-2 shivers in the only such event for 5 months.

Update on exp curve: worse than before.
                        Update on enhancing window: worse than before.
                        Update on interface: people cant access guild tab, game crashes, alpha test on paying customers.
                        Update with castle siege: alpha test on paying customers. 8 days prize delayed.

Resourses management: Wood, Stone, Gold, Arena tickets, Summon charms: not a resource. some pixels forming numbers that have no impact on your game. You declared an effort to turn gold into a resource and what you actually did was create 2 more irrelevant resources like wood and stone, and devalue arena tickets with your mastermind arena update (every decent player has 5234562346 tickets, joins EVERY arena, and gets cards he might not even need - or already have).

SHADOW NERFS EVERYWHERE. This is KABAM standard practice and it is disgusting at best: Launch a new thing, get very favourable chances for 1-2 days, everyone is happy, then shadownerf the sh1t out of it: Stones from roaming, amount of tier 1 on summon charm summon, raid boss drops, etc. With this game there is 0 confidence about what actually goes on.

I play the game like a boss and people just zap past me in terms of strength only because your coding allows me to get nothing over a period of 3 months.

But the most daunting thing about this game isn't the good for nothing dev team, its our good for nothing paying customers who have allowed all the above to go unpunished and ultimately unchanged.

There is only one lesson for me here: Never again am I starting a KABAM game.

Comment

Originally posted by Tukatuka View Post
                          You are a greedy bunch of styleless idiots.
                          bump for great justice.. sad really..

Comment

Please refrain from flaming. We all know their mistakes, and this thread is hopefully to point it out so they actually consider fixing it, but to even consider fixing it they need to accept their mistake.

Comment

Working...
                            X