Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

people thinking of quiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people thinking of quiting

A lot of people are saying the game is now trash. Too much power given to new players and crushing older ones. Its sad but its true

Yeah Shiverheart is a game-changer and it was handed out like candy.

Twice.

Comment

Most people got 2. I only got one. Some people got 4, apparently. What a major screw-up.

I'm not even that mad at this point... If they fix it, great. If they don't, I'll finally be able to lose the attachment I have left to this game.

Comment

Yea its a chance that I might quit too as well playing a game to have fun is one thing playing the players that take of you is another thing

Comment

Game is complete trash. Developers have no clue what they are doing. Every day something new is messed up.

Comment

i am sorry if you guys still havent realised this is a big scam yet. they will do whatever they can to encourage new players to spend big, and make the old ones keep spending to keep up with the new players.

And i wont be surprised if one day they'll just run away with the money

Comment

Hey folks,

Sorry I've been out a few days. It seems the Shiverheart card was sent out instead of the Guardian Angel by accident. As to why people received two of them? Well, that's another issue entirely -- it has to do with the way they set up the log-in rewards, and the system thus double-granting them.

We can't very well take away the Shiverhearts now, so I'm waiting for more direction on what we're going to do. I'll try to keep you posted.

Thanks and sorry.
              Aaron

Comment

cant wait to hear news about how you gonna handle it...

i can only imagine the ragewave that will come... whatever you do sadly...

it was not ur fault Aaron but you are going to take a lot of heat for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_Kabam View Post
                  Hey folks,

Sorry I've been out a few days. It seems the Shiverheart card was sent out instead of the Guardian Angel by accident. As to why people received two of them? Well, that's another issue entirely -- it has to do with the way they set up the log-in rewards, and the system thus double-granting them.

We can't very well take away the Shiverhearts now, so I'm waiting for more direction on what we're going to do. I'll try to keep you posted.

Thanks and sorry.
                  Aaron
                  Well, this isn't something easily fixed like not getting the same number of summon stones. People got anywhere from 2-8 stones in the first couple days of the promotion. This discrepancy has applied to each day's rewards (1x to 4x). But now that everyone has gotten some number of this broken legendary card, we get to see how game breaking it actually is. I thought gaznar was bad. Just about everybody will use it now and the game will be reduced to a contest of whose shiverheart will proc and how often. On top of that, the separation between tier 4 shiver and the rest will be immense due to this badly designed card. One proc will kill off half a party's hp, reduce their attack to 0, and render almost every other card meaningless. The worst thing you can do is hand out even more Shiverhearts to equalize the situation (and I'm speaking as someone who only got 1 free shiver).

Ideally, you would be able to distinguish who got what and how much of it. But, I'm thinking that's probably too difficult a task. So, I would just rollback the servers to December 24th, give everyone a bunch of gems in compensation, and refund any purchases since then (in the form of gems if you like). The gems give the flexibility for summons, pots, or tickets since players will have lost a lot of progress. Or, you can just directly give summon stones, pots and tickets if that's easier.

After that, you're just left with players who got Shiverheart legitimately. I would nerf (or even remove from the game) the card for the good of game balance but then how do you compensate those players? They spent a lot of time and resources on a legendary card so they should get some sort of replacement that wouldn't have changed their motivation in retrospect. Again, ideally, I would remove Shiver entirely, and give each of those players the equivalent number of a 1 time summoning item that guarantees a legendary summon. But I suspect that would be a tough task for Kabam so .... if the nerf won't make Shiver worse than other legendaries, it should be good enough. No one can legitimately say they wouldn't have pursued it since no one knew how good it actually was and just had the general expectation that it would be on par with other legendaries. It's really the ability that is broken. Stats-wise, he's already well ahead of any other card (or comparable).

That's just my 2 cents. As you can tell, I have little to no faith this will be resolved correctly. I sympathize with your current plight since you have to deal with this incompetent group of "engineers" who can't seem to reproduce a simple piece of code that's actually worked in the case of the 2 other daily login rewards. Also, tell them to google "joins" as they pertain to databases.

Comment

This is certainly a huge mess and an assault on game balance. One shiver versus 2 shivers for login gifts is huge, much less if some players got up to 4 shivers for login gifts. The servers are now awash with free shivers wrecking months of work. I too have little to no faith that Kabam will find a way to make this right.

Comment

This is a very big and worrying issue. Some people spent a lot of time, effort and money to gain certain assets in the game which are later given out for free and not equally. This is nothing short of stealing money and spitting on people's face. I honestly have no idea how this can be solved/undone because too much damage has been done, but I am sure payers & players who worked hard will suffer the most.

I also feel very sorry that Aaron has to work with amateur developers and a poor project manager (if there is any) that wasted the great potential of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Noobyyy View Post
                        This is a very big and worrying issue. Some people spent a lot of time, effort and money to gain certain assets in the game which are later given out for free and not equally. This is nothing short of stealing money and spitting on people's face. I honestly have no idea how this can be solved/undone because too much damage has been done, but I am sure payers & players who worked hard will suffer the most.

I also feel very sorry that Aaron has to work with amateur developers and a poor project manager (if there is any) that wasted the great potential of this game.
                        LOL.Aaron's told that he is project manager ..He said this on private message.

I'm not a customer support person. I am...well, kind of a half marketer, half project manager (sort of). I do help out on the forums, but it's not my primary duty.

Comment

Originally posted by WoYLB View Post
                          Yeah Shiverheart is a game-changer and it was handed out like candy.

Twice.
                          I definitely have found this. He is the new Gaznar except the proc rate is much too high. I get stomped by anyone with a tier 2 cause they can usually proc him twice for 40k damage to my entire party. This game have such balance issues, you can't make a free event that so unevenly distributes such a powerful card. Please nerf or I can't possibly compete, Shiverheart OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Shishi Sonson View Post
                            LOL.Aaron's told that he is project manager ..He said this on private message.
                            I'm not a project manager. I'm just sort of a blend of multiple roles, and when I explain my job to people outside the company (friends, former co-workers, etc.), they go, "Oh so you're a project manager?" Eventually, I just give up trying to explain and respond, "Er...yeah, sure." :/

My point, there, was that we have a whole team dedicated to support. I help them out occasionally, but can't really help people with personal issues through the forums. Those issues should go to player support.

Originally posted by Super Noobyyy View Post

Nah, in this case it was an easy mistake that anyone could have made. Hopefully we can come up with a viable solution soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron_Kabam View Post
                              I'm not a project manager. I'm just sort of a blend of multiple roles, and when I explain my job to people outside the company (friends, former co-workers, etc.), they go, "Oh so you're a project manager?" Eventually, I just give up trying to explain and respond, "Er...yeah, sure." :/

My point, there, was that we have a whole team dedicated to support. I help them out occasionally, but can't really help people with personal issues through the forums. Those issues should go to player support.

Nah, in this case it was an easy mistake that anyone could have made. Hopefully we can come up with a viable solution soon.
                              Aaron i sended a private massage with one sugestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X