Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.


Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

Smash and Dash should be fired an replaced with competent employees.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Denaunie View Post
    LMAO AJ, my responding to a reply is courtesy. Get over yourself.

    Secondly, stop being so entitled. Nobody is preaching to you, so if you feel that way, then you must know deep down that you're not handling this very well. We're merely striking a nerve because there's more than a grain of truth to what we are saying.

    Continue with the restaurant analogy for a moment. You continue to eat someplace and keep getting food poisoning. You've tried flipping out on your server, cursing out the manager, flipped over some tables and even refused to pay your bill. But yet you STILL keep going back and you STILL keep getting food poisoning. And yet the restaurant is STILL in business. At what point do you simply stop going back and spending your $$ to get given food poisoning?

    LOL sweetie, you'd do well to listen to Atomic on this one. As I said before, he's been in your shoes and has come to look at it a different way and is now much happier. You can do what you want, for sure, but you personally don't keep Kabam running, they're not going to fold if you quit, and why you would want to keep going back and paying for food poisoning is beyond me. But hey, do as you'd like.....just please take some responsibility and stop bitching abaout a situation you put yourself in time and time again.

    Lastly, as I have said on multiple occasions, just because I attempt to EXPLAIN something doesn't mean that I'm JUSTIFYING that very thing. There is a difference. I understand it's a hard concept to comprehend, but please try. I don't condone the actions of Kabam, I simply try to understand them as they are so that I can more effectively cope with it and make better choices.
    Exactly I couldn't have said it better. Oh and aj I'm not pro-kabam I'm very anti-kabam I used to want things like you and done now! I've realized these guys actually get things done way faster if you explain everything to them about what's going on not just keep saying I was banned again for the hundredth time fix it. Sure they prob would love to fix it but you gave them 0 to go on so how can they?

    Comment


    • #32
      Help! I'd like to submit a support ticket regarding people complaining on the fora. I can't seem to find the link...

      As a former hired-gun game programmer, may I gently suggest--instead of dumping vitriol on the forums--posting detailed and specific bug reports? Perhaps both to the forum and to the support ticket gateway? Making the employees sift through nonspecific complaints wastes their time and the money you've spent to support them.

      Developing mobile games for many dozens of platforms is y'know, really hard.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Tiaan23 View Post
        Why can't they respond to our treads.

        Eg. Will there be an event today?
        Smash/Dash: yes/no

        It would have taken them just tree presses on letters to respond.
        I'm pretty sure they do not have authorisation to release the date of an event... Of course unless they want to get fired from their job, so we just wait and watch like normal gamera

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by AtomicDoom View Post
          Exactly I couldn't have said it better. Oh and aj I'm not pro-kabam I'm very anti-kabam I used to want things like you and done now! I've realized these guys actually get things done way faster if you explain everything to them about what's going on not just keep saying I was banned again for the hundredth time fix it. Sure they prob would love to fix it but you gave them 0 to go on so how can they?
          Originally posted by DoctorMinovsky View Post
          Help! I'd like to submit a support ticket regarding people complaining on the fora. I can't seem to find the link...

          As a former hired-gun game programmer, may I gently suggest--instead of dumping vitriol on the forums--posting detailed and specific bug reports? Perhaps both to the forum and to the support ticket gateway? Making the employees sift through nonspecific complaints wastes their time and the money you've spent to support them.

          Developing mobile games for many dozens of platforms is y'know, really hard.
          Originally posted by Denaunie View Post
          LMAO AJ, my responding to a reply is courtesy. Get over yourself.

          Secondly, stop being so entitled. Nobody is preaching to you, so if you feel that way, then you must know deep down that you're not handling this very well. We're merely striking a nerve because there's more than a grain of truth to what we are saying.

          Continue with the restaurant analogy for a moment. You continue to eat someplace and keep getting food poisoning. You've tried flipping out on your server, cursing out the manager, flipped over some tables and even refused to pay your bill. But yet you STILL keep going back and you STILL keep getting food poisoning. And yet the restaurant is STILL in business. At what point do you simply stop going back and spending your $$ to get given food poisoning?

          LOL sweetie, you'd do well to listen to Atomic on this one. As I said before, he's been in your shoes and has come to look at it a different way and is now much happier. You can do what you want, for sure, but you personally don't keep Kabam running, they're not going to fold if you quit, and why you would want to keep going back and paying for food poisoning is beyond me. But hey, do as you'd like.....just please take some responsibility and stop bitching abaout a situation you put yourself in time and time again.

          Lastly, as I have said on multiple occasions, just because I attempt to EXPLAIN something doesn't mean that I'm JUSTIFYING that very thing. There is a difference. I understand it's a hard concept to comprehend, but please try. I don't condone the actions of Kabam, I simply try to understand them as they are so that I can more effectively cope with it and make better choices.
          Look Guys, let me tell you something. I have been helped in a big way by kabam support. I got my cards back 2 months back. And for that I was really happy and I appreciated that. But, you guys need to understand that I have been doing this for a long time now, multiple tickets have been filed. And this is the first time I am being banned. I have been banned 18 times, that's 9 hrs wasted. I am currently at 340k swords and I could have been to 400k and in the top 10 if not for the ban. So you need to understand, that when you're saying I should expect nothing from kabam and support doesn't handle the glitches, I want you to know that it's not just me but of my guild's 40 members, who never cheated once, 16 have been banned more than 10 times each, and the rest have faced the ban at the least once. Is this what this game is supposed to be like? The top 10 ranks there, which include almost only the cheaters, is each at over half a million swords except the rank 10th. A 3 member guild took 3rd position with almost 2 million swords, and those guys aren't getting banned. My problem is not with you guys, never was. You all are fellow gamers and you must be facing more or less the same things on your server too. I am criticizing Kabam for the work that they could have done but didn't. And I am taking it out on you guys, it's not fair, I know, but you guys, the way you were talking, appeared to be justifying their actions and that got me mad. Sorry for any harsh words spoken. It wasn't my intent to direct them at you, but please don't justify the shortcomings of Kabam. Thanks!

          P.S. Just got my 19th Ban. I think I'm leading the whole game about the no. of bans.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by WarriorAJ View Post
            Look Guys, let me tell you something. I have been helped in a big way by kabam support. I got my cards back 2 months back. And for that I was really happy and I appreciated that. But, you guys need to understand that I have been doing this for a long time now, multiple tickets have been filed. And this is the first time I am being banned. I have been banned 18 times, that's 9 hrs wasted. I am currently at 340k swords and I could have been to 400k and in the top 10 if not for the ban. So you need to understand, that when you're saying I should expect nothing from kabam and support doesn't handle the glitches, I want you to know that it's not just me but of my guild's 40 members, who never cheated once, 16 have been banned more than 10 times each, and the rest have faced the ban at the least once. Is this what this game is supposed to be like? The top 10 ranks there, which include almost only the cheaters, is each at over half a million swords except the rank 10th. A 3 member guild took 3rd position with almost 2 million swords, and those guys aren't getting banned. My problem is not with you guys, never was. You all are fellow gamers and you must be facing more or less the same things on your server too. I am criticizing Kabam for the work that they could have done but didn't. And I am taking it out on you guys, it's not fair, I know, but you guys, the way you were talking, appeared to be justifying their actions and that got me mad. Sorry for any harsh words spoken. It wasn't my intent to direct them at you, but please don't justify the shortcomings of Kabam. Thanks!

            P.S. Just got my 19th Ban. I think I'm leading the whole game about the no. of bans.

            I couldn't play the tower for over a month because I got banned every time I moved I know what it's like. I couldn't collect shards, tokens, anything that everyone else but us small group of players that were getting banned left right and centre. Support told us there was no such problem and it was because we were doing something wrong. They didn't help at all and knew nothing. It was because we described here everything we were doing and what we were using (phone, iPad...) and the mods here ended up being the ones who got the devs to fix the problem.
            Like I said before just coming here and saying you have this problem fix it won't get anything fixed. Instead of being mean and mouthy to them tell them everything you can and things will be fixed sooner rather than later because they won't have to try and figure it out with out any info. I'm not trying to justify their shortcomings trust me they make me just as mad as you are. I just learned that there is no such thing as support in this game just people there to try and send an already made up excuse copy and paste answer set for what ever problem you chose to write support about. The real people that get things done are the mods here. That's why it's super important to tell everything you can about what's going on here.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by AtomicDoom View Post
              I couldn't play the tower for over a month because I got banned every time I moved I know what it's like. I couldn't collect shards, tokens, anything that everyone else but us small group of players that were getting banned left right and centre. Support told us there was no such problem and it was because we were doing something wrong. They didn't help at all and knew nothing. It was because we described here everything we were doing and what we were using (phone, iPad...) and the mods here ended up being the ones who got the devs to fix the problem.
              Like I said before just coming here and saying you have this problem fix it won't get anything fixed. Instead of being mean and mouthy to them tell them everything you can and things will be fixed sooner rather than later because they won't have to try and figure it out with out any info. I'm not trying to justify their shortcomings trust me they make me just as mad as you are. I just learned that there is no such thing as support in this game just people there to try and send an already made up excuse copy and paste answer set for what ever problem you chose to write support about. The real people that get things done are the mods here. That's why it's super important to tell everything you can about what's going on here.
              I see your point. The thing is, whenever I start tapping fast, I get banned. It took me 20 bans to find the pattern. I am now waiting approx 20 seconds after each tap and haven't been banned for the past 3 hrs. I hope that I can play peacefully now, though at a snail's pace.

              Comment


              • #37
                Guys it is obvious that with all the gem purchases on each of Kabams games they can afford to pay one person on each of there games to focus on player posts on forum.

                Don't try to talk something good if it's obviously bad client service.

                If they can't manage the forum properly they have to go.




                There is not a lot of new treads every day on Heroes of Camelot.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by WarriorAJ View Post
                  I see your point. The thing is, whenever I start tapping fast, I get banned. It took me 20 bans to find the pattern. I am now waiting approx 20 seconds after each tap and haven't been banned for the past 3 hrs. I hope that I can play peacefully now, though at a snail's pace.
                  Awww AJ, this breaks my heart and yet makes me laugh at the same time. Had you taken 5 minutes to read my earlier post, you would have figured this out sooner, as this is exactly what I was trying to share with you about the bug. Increased server input (excessive tapping would certainly qualify) = greater chance at activating the bug.

                  I wish folks could get off their defensive soap box long enough to realize that sometimes you're just biting the hand trying to feed you. I don't believe I have ever read a single post on these forums (and I read ALOT) that has ever defended Kabam or its means and methods. However, I have seen many a player try to explain how something works, or the best (okay, maybe at least "better") way to go about dealing with the situation at hand. This doesn't excuse anyone or anything, nor is it an attempt to do so, it's merely just an attempt to get you past it so that you can get back to being productive with less emotions (and dare I say maybe even have a little fun).

                  I wish you the very best of luck for the remainder of the event.

                  ~Dena

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X