Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules [Updated 12/21/2016]

MAIN RULES OF THE FORUMS

Please respect your community. Respect each other as you all enjoy the same thing ? The Game.

We encourage open and friendly discussion of the game and the Community. Moderators and Staff have final decisions on all matters, and are here to make sure that the Community remains a friendly, fun place appropriate for players of all backgrounds, ages and groups.

It is the forum member's responsibility to stay up to date on forum rules and to honor the behavior outlined.

PURPOSE OF THE FORUMS

These forums provide an area for constructive player discussions of the game. It also allows players to
help each other identify bugs and issues, and help each other reproduce and resolve them.

These forums are not the most direct way to contact support. If you?re having an issue with your game and you need direct assistance, please tap on the FAQ/Support tab within the game.

CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENT

Please make sure to stay updated on these rules by reviewing this page from time to time.

SET RULES

This is a private board. As such, decisions made are final.
We reserve the right to remove any message board content without notice for any reason.

Rule 1: Responses to rule violations
Violating these rules will result in warnings, either formal or informal, suspensions, banning, or other sanctions.

Rule 2: Respect other users on the forums
- Do not make attacks or insult other users, either in the forums or through private messages. Disagreements and debates are fine, but don?t make it personal.
- Do not attack groups. This includes professions, races, religions, sexual orientations, genders, incomes, or even vague groups like ?you people.?
- Do not use ill terms which are offensive to groups, do not ?flame?, ?troll.? or ?haze?.

Rule 3: Respect the forum purpose and structure
- Make your posts in the appropriate forum.
- Please use the Search function. If a relevant thread already exists, please post there instead of creating a new thread about the same topic. Duplicate threads will be closed to keep the forums orderly and easy to navigate.
- Keep off-topic posts in the off-topic forum.
- Don?t start discussions about games that are not ours.
- Do not cross-link to other message boards or websites unless approved by a moderator.

Rule 4: Respect the law
- Do not post anything illegal under U.S. law, or encourage other users to break the laws of the U.S. or their country of residence.
- Do not encourage users to break terms of service. This includes giving information about how to find scripts, exploits, or cheats, as well as arranging to buy or sell accounts or virtual goods.

Rule 5: Respect the audience
Think about who you're talking to. Users may be as young as 13 on these message boards, and may be male or female, and from countries across the globe.
- Keep your language civil. Profanity is frowned on.
- Do not post Adult Material, inappropriate graphic sexual content in any format, or links to sexually explicit sites.
- Do not post graphic images or explicit descriptions of violent acts.
- Do not use an avatar or signature that could offend other users. They have to look at it a lot.

Rule 6: Respect privacy
- Do not post any private emails or private messages unless you have the explicit permission of each person involved in the exchange.
- Do not post private communication between customer support, members, moderators, or administrators on these forums, or anywhere else. (This include support ticket responses)
- Do not post any information covered by a non-disclosure agreement or beta testing agreement. Even if you somehow have inside information about our competitors, for legal reasons we don?t want to hear it.
- Do not post Facebook information about other forum users.
- Do not post any private information about other users.
- Do not post in-game information in an attempt to have other players attack your target. Be careful to not cross the line into bullying.

Rule 7: Do not spam
- Do not post repeatedly about the same topic.
- Do not spam users on the forums or through private messages.
- Do not start a thread without actual purpose.
- Do not start a thread about a news story or article unless you make it clear what the story is about, and offer your own opinion to start a discussion.

Rule 8: Respect your account
- Do not share your account information with other individuals. You will be held responsible for any rules violations that occur under your account.
- Do not create new accounts or use other tricks to avoid suspensions or bans.
- Do not create ?sock puppet? accounts ? multiple accounts created just so that you can agree with yourself and make it seem like your ideas have more support than they do.
- Never include your e-mail address or any other personal information in posts.

Rule 9: Respect the Moderators
- Do not post using the color red. This color is reserved for moderators.
- Do not impersonate moderators. Do not claim to speak for the moderators.

Rule 10: Respect the decisions of the moderators
- The moderation teams reserves the right to warn, suspend, or permanently ban users judged to be acting against the spirit of the rules, even if the user is following the letter of the rules.
- Do not argue with moderators about moderator decisions. You can disagree with a moderator?s opinions, just like any other poster, but when they post moderator actions in red text, it is considered final.
- Moderators have no access to your game account. If you have an issue you must contact customer service.

Generally, BE NICE. There is nothing wrong with being nice to each other.
See more
See less

DoA: HotD 4.0 Features and Outline News post???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exodus1337
    replied
    sigh

This game is so fun, its your little deal you can play and check on throughout the day. I realize Kabam is ambitious but wtf.. Ambitious and greediness are hugging in this game... This new update as far as gaining power and how you can do it is freaking ridiculous... Mutton and Beef.. like come on make it easier to obtain.. I for one will be spending less money on the game until they make it fair... I have no problem spending money when its worth it... My friend joined a hard core server in china that has all the dragons unlocked so I know whats coming.. Make it more fair Kabam or you will loose players and people will SEO blog about this nonsense.. It really is sad cause its such a good game..

Leave a comment:

• cazam1
    replied
    ??? from aegeus,
    I along with all other members of doable am pissed. I will not be spending another dime as well. The new feeding to upgrade is unfair and very expensive. I do not have thousands of dollars to spend on doa. I do spend some money on rubies almost weekly, bit I do mother have the kind of money needed to be competive under the new dragon feeding routine. I will be joining the rest of the players and will not be spending anymore money until this issue is fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Tumnus
    replied
    Passive Agressive

Originally posted by Clarinia Plato View Post
    New update is a blatant money grab from kabam!! It's outrageous, unfair and an insult to every player on DoA. I for one shall not be spending anymore because of this. I only hope other players do the same until kabam gets the point that taking advantage of customers is not a good buisness model!! Honestly. Using bots in the new dragon arena was a really crude move to get everyone to spend! Well count me out, no more money from me kabam! You've turned what was a really brilliant game into a joke!
    I think that you should actually direct your criticism to Kabam, instead of here. This is banter without action. Make your words heard by writing to them.

Leave a comment:

• ToyMaster458
    replied
    Originally posted by Clarinia Plato View Post
    New update is a blatant money grab from kabam!! It's outrageous, unfair and an insult to every player on DoA. I for one shall not be spending anymore because of this. I only hope other players do the same until kabam gets the point that taking advantage of customers is not a good buisness model!! Honestly. Using bots in the new dragon arena was a really crude move to get everyone to spend! Well count me out, no more money from me kabam! You've turned what was a really brilliant game into a joke!
    Just Plain and Simple Greed, Please Boycott all Kabam Products with us. Together we can bankrupt the company!

Leave a comment:

• Clarinia Plato
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hollow_
    replied
    seems you can get the beef from the dragon cave explorations as well

Leave a comment:

• lord of war1
    replied
    If you have not got the update yet then you should upgrade your dragons as much as possible as the new system is a joke and you will have to buy mutton if you can't get a good place in the arena I wish I didn't download the update before getting all the dragons first

Leave a comment:

• lord of war1
    replied
    It is only available on android for some reason but I should be on iOS very soon

Leave a comment:

• Tyrannical_
    replied
    If you never cashed in the quests for leveling your old dragons, you now get a beef or mutton for claiming it. I never claimed any of mine and ended up with 20 free beef and mutton.

Leave a comment:

• Dippy4
    replied
    Originally posted by Samael Sinclair View Post
    Must be good for those who upgraded the Great Dragon to L20 before the update, huh? Or, is Kabam planning on demoting everyone's Great Dragon back to L1 after the next update?
    That's honestly one of the points I'm trying to make. Yes it really gives a major advantage to those who upgrade pre-patch. Hell even more so since they got all the resources they spent on the building back. (my lvl 20 one gave me 344x 5k gold use as well as the completion grant that was used on the building. What i'm pointing out as well is that this makes anyone who didn't upgrade though, have no real chance at upgrading theirs enough to actually compete. It's a sad broken system as of right now. (unless you spend an insane amount of rubies)

Leave a comment:

• Samael Sinclair
    replied
    A mutton used at lvl __ will be worth __% per use at that level:
    1: 21% (Required exp to lvl 2 ~ 476)
    2: 20% (Required exp to lvl 3 ~ 500)
    3: 19% (Required exp to lvl 4 ~ 526)
    4: 18% (Required exp to lvl 5 ~ 556)
    5: 17% (Required exp to lvl 6 ~ 588)
    6: 16% (Required exp to lvl 7 ~ 625)
    7: 15% (Required exp to lvl 8 ~ 667)
    8: 14% (Required exp to lvl 9 ~ 714)
    9: 13% (Required exp to lvl 10 ~ 769)
    10: 12% (Required exp to lvl 11 ~ 833)
    11: 11% (Required exp to lvl 12 ~ 909)
    12: 10% (Required exp to lvl 13 ~ 1000)
    13: 9% (Required exp to lvl 14 ~ 1111)
    14: 8% (Required exp to lvl 15 ~ 1250)
    15: 7% (Required exp to lvl 16 ~ 1429)
    16: 6% (Required exp to lvl 17 ~ 1667)
    17: 5% (Required exp to lvl 18 ~ 2000)
    18: 4% (Required exp to lvl 19 ~ 2500)
    19: 3% (Required exp to lvl 20 ~ 3333)
    20: 2% (Required exp to lvl 21 - 5000)
    Must be good for those who upgraded the Great Dragon to L20 before the update, huh? Or, is Kabam planning on demoting everyone's Great Dragon back to L1 after the next update?

Leave a comment:

• Dippy4
    replied
    Originally posted by Blindaxs View Post
    Dippy4... Great rant! Did you also know after you purchase 5 mutton in the same day it doubles to 20 rubies... After those 5 it doubles to 40 rubies... Etc etc etc...

I spent over 600 rubies to take from a level 20-21

FYI
    ....Wow that's just ridiculous. I hadn't even tried buying them after calculating everything. If that is the case and it doubles after every 5, I'm afraid to calculate the cost that it would actually take. My numbers would be extremely low.

Leave a comment:

• Blindaxs
    replied
    Dippy4... Great rant! Did you also know after you purchase 5 mutton in the same day it doubles to 20 rubies... After those 5 it doubles to 40 rubies... Etc etc etc...

I spent over 600 rubies to take from a level 20-21

FYI

Leave a comment:

• Pink_Sylvie
    replied
    I agree that if there are no other ways than buying these things with Rubies it won't make any sense. Although, for me, at the moment I can't see that as I am on Apple iPhone and for some reason the new mechanics didn't work after maintenance for us. I got chest with compensation for great dragon and water dragon but my dragons are still level 19. If I want to level them up to 20, I still have the old option which is like all other buildings, it needs food, wood, metal and money... I can see the mutton and another thing in the arena as well as in the shop. I can see an item that lets me level my dragon from 21 to 29 in the shop, this cost rubies. But I see no way to battle my dragon or feed them and nothing else changed in my game. I guess we are lucky for now, but I still hope it's going to be fixed. I did do what someone suggested to delete and reinstall the game and that didn't do anything the version that was in the application store was out in June anyway, so it's the same I have already.

Leave a comment:

• Dippy4
    replied
    Yeah definitely feels like a completely broken system. Also on the note of buying it from Arena, you can only buy 10 and they are 100 medals a piece (which is outrageous considering at dragon lvl 13 each is worth 9% and at dragon lvl 20 each is worth 2%).

I get that Kabam is in it for the money, but honestly, you just made a priorly useless system that actually attracted people (yes there new players who played because of the dragon) and made it completely useless unless you spend hundreds of dollars on rubies. And when I say hundreds I mean hundreds.

Lets assume that someone was willing to spend money to make their dragon battle worthy. Lets also assume that this person is incredibly lucky with dragon armor piece drops. First your looking at 95 rubies per armor piece and 4 armor pieces so that's 380 rubies right there. Now comes the stupid part. Mutton is 10 rubies PER. So none of the % numbers that follow are tested aside from the lvl 13 being 9% and the lvl 20 being 2% but if the sequence is as simple as it may be, these are how it plays out. Since mutton is worth 100 exp each, im gonna make the mental leap for calculating required exp per level based on that as well.

A mutton used at lvl __ will be worth __% per use at that level:
    1: 21% (Required exp to lvl 2 ~ 476)
    2: 20% (Required exp to lvl 3 ~ 500)
    3: 19% (Required exp to lvl 4 ~ 526)
    4: 18% (Required exp to lvl 5 ~ 556)
    5: 17% (Required exp to lvl 6 ~ 588)
    6: 16% (Required exp to lvl 7 ~ 625)
    7: 15% (Required exp to lvl 8 ~ 667)
    8: 14% (Required exp to lvl 9 ~ 714)
    9: 13% (Required exp to lvl 10 ~ 769)
    10: 12% (Required exp to lvl 11 ~ 833)
    11: 11% (Required exp to lvl 12 ~ 909)
    12: 10% (Required exp to lvl 13 ~ 1000)
    13: 9% (Required exp to lvl 14 ~ 1111)
    14: 8% (Required exp to lvl 15 ~ 1250)
    15: 7% (Required exp to lvl 16 ~ 1429)
    16: 6% (Required exp to lvl 17 ~ 1667)
    17: 5% (Required exp to lvl 18 ~ 2000)
    18: 4% (Required exp to lvl 19 ~ 2500)
    19: 3% (Required exp to lvl 20 ~ 3333)
    20: 2% (Required exp to lvl 21 - 5000) (Ignored for final number calculation but I put it in since this was one of the figures I used to get the rest.)

Total Exp from lvl 1-20: 21453
    Total Number of Mutton Required: 215
    Total Number of Rubies to Purchase Mutton: 10
    Total Number of Rubies Required to get Dragon from lvl 1-20: 2150
    Number of Dollars Required To Get 2150 Rubies (Using the 1600 Ruby Purchase Option $/Ruby figure for a low ball estimate (1600/100 * 2150): $134.38

And that number is just to get your dragon to lvl 20....it would take $158.13 If you wanted to level and gear it completely (and are insanely lucky).
    And this doesn't even take into account the rubies and mutton needed to take the dragon to levels above 20.

So this is the dollar figure that anyone who starts on an existing server needs to spend to have any kind of shot at being competitive in the dragon battleground.
    Oh wait....I forgot that that's only for the great dragon...That didn't include any of the others, which are rather required to do well on any server where they were out. So multiply that number 2-3-4 times depending on how many dragons are present on that server.

*edit* so after hearing what was said by Blindaxs, it sounds like the ruby cost doubles if you try and buy more than 5 in one day. Thus for a "poor mans rich spender" (The oxymoron that it is) it would take 430 days of buying mutton at 10 rubies each. I'm still trying to think of an equation that will calculate if you bought them all in a day, but I doubt it is going to be a small number. If some math major wants to calculate out the summation of that feel free. (summation equations were never my strong suit) Likely we are looking at well over a thousand dollars. */end edit*

To say the least, what Kabam has managed to do is create a system that deters new players from wanting to try, and killed the desire to care about the dragons for those that didn't previously own or level them. You can buy the egg and get the troops that come with it, but unless you want to spend a large sum of cash to level it, the new system is pretty much worthless and the rewards that come with winning in the battlegrounds will just continue to increase the divide between players that drop the insane amounts of money on the game, and those that don't.

The new system has the potential to make the game more fun and interesting if they make the mutton farmable. An option would be to make it drop from camps on a scaling principle (i.e. lvl 1 camp drops 5% of the time, lvl 2 camp drops 10% of the time). This would give lower lvl players incentive to keep playing, increase their army size and for some spend money to do so. This also gives players who are not paying a way to at least enjoy the system.

I really hope that Kabam does something to make the system at least a viable mechanic to the game. The old dragon was pretty useless and the new system has the potential to change that. I just hope that something happens to make a feature that is built into the title of the game actually fun.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X