Thread: How to contact Customer Service?

Gaea Mobile Moderator Junior Guardian

Exclamation How to contact Customer Service?

Hey Community!

There are three ways to contact our Customer Service:

1. In the game, via Settings / Support
    2. Or send an email to wtm@gaea.zendesk.com
    3. Or use this link: https://gaea.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new (English)

Please write all necessary information and details about your issue in your ticket. Our CS will be happy to help you!

Moderator Battle-seasoned Guardian

Tips for best outcomes :)

Hello everyone! I take the occasion to introduce myself for those of you who don't already know me: I am based in Australia and am just a volunteer forum moderator for this and other Gaea games, a veteran of a few, but by no means a game expert for all of them! Nor do I work as customer support. Only they and Gaea staff have that kind of access
    - important: if you accidentally do put personal info on the Forum it will be deleted for your protection.

I hope you will find my posts in this thread helpful, it is my best advice based on experience assisting many many fellow players over the years

Best Contact Methods (expanded info)

INGAME:
    via Settings/Contact Support (aka HelpCenter)
    - there are many options to choose from, try to select the one which best suits your case, as it will move the ticket more directly to the best team suited to look after it
    - This system is being constantly reviewed, which should mean better communication and better customer service moving forward. Suggestions for more articles and/or translations are always welcome.

EMAIL:
    If unable to enter the game, if ingame ticketing appears not to be working, or if you find the helpdesk menu too complicated, the preferred alternative is email: wtm@gaea.zendesk.com
    - important: any previous emails you used to contact CS are no longer valid and may not bounce back. So if you do not get a reply, make sure you are using the email address above
    - use the email registered to your game. If that email is obsolete, use one you check regularly and request and email change.

Know your Ticket Status
    To see the status of your tickets, check your last email from CS. The top message will tell you if it is open and they are still waiting on a response from you, or if the ticket has been closed.
    - If you feel a ticket has been closed in error, don't worry: just answer that particular ticket to create a follow up. This effectively merges the old ticket with your follow up request. My understanding is that this is a more effective way to further your request than to generate a new ticket.

Tips for best outcomes:
    - Expect an immediate initial acknowledgement with the ticket number assigned to your case, followed by some basic tips and self-help suggestions. If no acknowledgement, check your email spam, check your email is valid, check you used the right email for Gaea CS
    - Expect an initial personalised answer within 24-72 hours (allowing for weekends)
    - If you have been asked to provide further information, try to do so ASAP, as unanswered tickets are normally closed after 3-4 days.

DO:
    - send one request per topic
    - state topic clearly in the subject.
    - if your need is urgent, write URGENT as the first word in the subject line
    - provide as much info as possible in the message
    - try to keep sentences brief, use point form
    - include server, player ID and nickname
    - if reporting a bug, include your device details (brand and OS)
    - add screenshots to illustrate the issue, if possible
    - check mail regularly for ticket updates
    - after 3-4 days with no response from CS, reply to their last communication to refresh the ticket.

DON'T:
    - write super-long messages with issues jumbled together
    - "spam" by generating multiple requests on the same subject
    - use abusive words or threats, they cloud the issue and delay resolution

Fraudulent or fake requests using the CS ticket system are also against the ToU:
    https://www.gaea.com/en/termsofuse

If you have useful CS links, tips that have worked for you, or ideas to improve the service, feel free to comment
    Last edited by Ceridwen; 11-09-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    Ceridwen
    (forum moderator)
    Discord ID: Ceridwen#5518 (if my forum inbox is full)

*Moderators are not Gaea staff or employees, they do not have access to player accounts or other personal details. They are players like you, who have volunteered to help other players with game issues and/or to help facilitate communication between Gaea and all players

A little word on language :)

As a general rule, It's very important to be polite if you want to get the message across. Try to avoid bad language, no matter how frustrated you are. That applies to the language you use when dealing with Customer Support, but also here in the forum.

Customer support and volunteer moderators have one important thing in common: we are just people behind a computer doing our best and trying to help out. And of course, we have feelings. If we feel insulted or threatened, we are fully within our rights to pass the issue to someone else. In extreme cases, on social media like the Forum, this will cause the writer to be banned, which will make it even harder to get help, if that is what is needed. Once banned from social media, Customer Support becomes the only way to reach out and further your case or have a ban looked into.

Depending on the issue at hand, they may be able to resolve it straight away, or they may need to pass it to another agent, to a supervisor or to tech support, or they may only be able to close the ticket once they have passed it directly to the Game Team. In the last case, they will invite you to write another ticket if the issue persists.

Abusive language or threats in the game
    With tickets regarding abusive language or threats in game, it's important to start by using the ingame reporting system and then follow up with screenshots and/or explanations if the content of the screenshot is not clear. Server, time and date of the occurrence are important.

The ticket will normally be closed unless the agent requires clarifications. Even though the response is a standard response, rest assured it will be looked into and the appropriate action(s) taken.

If a player has been banned, they can write to Customer Support for more details on the reason for the ban. If they do not agree with the reason for the ban, they can explain why. Again, this is the best time to be polite, however upset or frustrated one may be for having been banned.

Junior Member Junior Guardian
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceridwen View Post
    As a general rule, It's very important to be polite if you want to get the message across. Try to avoid bad language, no matter how frustrated you are. That applies to the language you use when dealing with Customer Support, but also here in the forum.

Customer support and volunteer moderators have one important thing in common: we are just people behind a computer doing our best and trying to help out. And of course, we have feelings. If we feel insulted or threatened, we are fully within our rights to pass the issue to someone else. In extreme cases, on social media like the Forum, this will cause the writer to be banned, which will make it even harder to get help, if that is what is needed. Once banned from social media, Customer Support becomes the only way to reach out and further your case or have a ban looked into.

Depending on the issue at hand, they may be able to resolve it straight away, or they may need to pass it to another agent, to a supervisor or to tech support, or they may only be able to close the ticket once they have passed it directly to the Game Team. In the last case, they will invite you to write another ticket if the issue persists.

Abusive language or threats in the game
    With tickets regarding abusive language or threats in game, it's important to start by using the ingame reporting system and then follow up with screenshots and/or explanations if the content of the screenshot is not clear. Server, time and date of the occurrence are important.

The ticket will normally be closed unless the agent requires clarifications. Even though the response is a standard response, rest assured it will be looked into and the appropriate action(s) taken.

If a player has been banned, they can write to Customer Support for more details on the reason for the ban. If they do not agree with the reason for the ban, they can explain why. Again, this is the best time to be polite, however upset or frustrated one may be for having been banned.
    Its seem custumersupport dont reply anymore in french, its 6 days im waiting they send me the auto reply and nothing comming to my mails or spam mails i checked everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Firerwork1 View Post
    Its seem custumersupport dont reply anymore in french, its 6 days im waiting they send me the auto reply and nothing comming to my mails or spam mails i checked everywhere
    Thanks for bringing this up - 6 days is rather longer than usual, but it may depend on the topic. If you have not done so already, reply to the original message with the ticket number, just as a reminder. In the meantime I have passed your feedback on.
    Ceridwen
    (forum moderator)
    Discord ID: Ceridwen#5518 (if my forum inbox is full)

*Moderators are not Gaea staff or employees, they do not have access to player accounts or other personal details. They are players like you, who have volunteered to help other players with game issues and/or to help facilitate communication between Gaea and all players