Thread: Game Completely Reset

Game Completely Reset

Been playing for several weeks to level 15. Today, during play, it abruptly displayed the initial screen where player chooses to be an Elf or Dwarf. All progress lost. How to login to recover? Already reinstalled game from cloud but it opens at initial screen. Playing on iPad3.

Banned Junior Guardian

Double Check which Server

Switching Servers can cause what appears as the tutorial for a new player.
    There maybe another reason; although, I suspect your progress is not lost, just not where you originally spawned.

As suggested, if you haven't, create a Gaea Forum id and make sure your profile is linked or risk not having your data backed up should you need to reinstall and recover.

My experience is similar. Until you finish the tutorial on the random start over server, it doesn't really know who you are. Update to match your 🆔 then find your server by tapping on you name (NewUser##) -> World. Usually any server matching your logon, sorts to the top of the list.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Member Guardian of the Realm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jch View Post
    Been playing for several weeks to level 15. Today, during play, it abruptly displayed the initial screen where player chooses to be an Elf or Dwarf. All progress lost. How to login to recover? Already reinstalled game from cloud but it opens at initial screen. Playing on iPad3.
    In game click on your name it will bring up a screen ( this is where you initially picked your in game name) on the top right corner there is 2 icons click the one on the right . It will give a list on top it says id click it and it will ask for your password or create a new one .

If you are already logged which it will tell you if you are or not on that screen then try switching worlds . Bring up list of worlds it will say return to world for any world you have played on.

Thank you both for replying. I started Elves again, waded through the tutorial, game name is some new default, opened the Settings screen, which shows the Gaea ID as my email address. The only button is "Switch Account", which only offers to log in to a different email. The World button lists the new current world and large number of alternate worlds. How to determine the world I had been playing in??? I know my Game Name ID and City Name.

Could I enter my old gameID at the "Change Your Name" text box as a search parameter to locate the proper world? (Or would this just change the gameID for this new instance of the game and cause problems locating the correct world.?)

Edit2: I entered another world and was forced to do the #^%* Tutorial again. Is there any way to cancel / prevent it?

Quote Originally Posted by Desolationangel View Post
    In game click on your name it will bring up a screen ( this is where you initially picked your in game name) on the top right corner there is 2 icons click the one on the right . It will give a list on top it says id click it and it will ask for your password or create a new one .

If you are already logged which it will tell you if you are or not on that screen then try switching worlds . Bring up list of worlds it will say return to world for any world you have played on.
    Last edited by Jch; 08-01-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Senior Member Guardian of the Realm
    When you go to the list of worlds it will tell you if you have other worlds. The blue button next to the worlds will say either create or return , return is worlds you have been to create you have to go through the tutorial again on a new world ( and no you can't skip tutorial I wish you could)

Quote Originally Posted by Desolationangel View Post
    When you go to the list of worlds it will tell you if you have other worlds. The blue button next to the worlds will say either create or return , return is worlds you have been to create you have to go through the tutorial again on a new world ( and no you can't skip tutorial I wish you could)
    After carefully scanning the entire world list, the only worlds that have a Return button are those that I have created accidentally while scrolling around this list. This evidently means my game is forever lost. What a time waster. Thanks anyway, guys.

BTW, even the slightest brush on the touch screen while scrolling INSTANTLY creates a new game. No warnings, no second chances. A mine field with a very short fuse!!

Senior Member Guardian of the Realm KascammedBadger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jch View Post
    After carefully scanning the entire world list, the only worlds that have a Return button are those that I have created accidentally while scrolling around this list. This evidently means my game is forever lost. What a time waster. Thanks anyway, guys.

BTW, even the slightest brush on the touch screen while scrolling INSTANTLY creates a new game. No warnings, no second chances. A mine field with a very short fuse!!
    No, it does not.
    This game might be sucky as hell but this fault is your own.
    Did you know?

GAEA is an acronym for:

Gamers Are Exiting Allover