Thread: Idea for Gaea how to prevent tks cheating

Idea for Gaea how to prevent tks cheating

Hi,
    I wanted to propose to add following rule for tks comp. To introduce some kind of limit of how many tks will count towards tks per hit.

For example, if you send wave of 3 mil might, you can kill 100mil for example, if unmarshalled but only 6 mil will count towards tks, so twice what you send, or some other formula that will control how much tks will count.

This should prevent people from winning tks comp with one hit and will require players to spend time to get some tks. It will be fair towards those who keep hitting for hours but then someone comes last minute and hit unmarshalled and all hours you spent hitting would be for nothing.

Also, to introduce similar idea for incoming as well, some kind of limit on tks gained per hit.

To extend the idea further you can in future to sell buffs, that might slightly increase that limit for specific time for example.

Hope this solution could help with preventing tks cheating and will make tks events to be more fair to all.

Thanks,
    JamO

Senior Member Guardian of the Realm
    Actually this is a very bad idea it won't be very fair since most worlds only have a few players that really tk for hours anyways and limiting the amount of tks won't do much but make those players angry and lets admit to ourselves those few players are the heavy gemmers and Gaea would probably rather not make them more angry then they already are.

What really needs to happen is the non gemmers need to catch up to the gemmers and maybe not the exact same lv but even if it was 1 or 2 lv below

143 and juggernaut where perfect examples
    Juggernaut the 1 st day everyone had 215 knights ok good 2 nd day gemmers had 220 3 rd gemmers had 225 4th gemmers had 240 day 5 gemmers got 245 and non gemmers got a 215 grail day 6 gemmers got 250 and non gemmers finally got a 240 so gemmers had a good 3 4 days with a major advantage causing many non gemmers to just give up

143 right now on 143 many non gemming players are lucky to have a 205 to 215 and the gemmers have * 20 s a massive difference not just with the types of gear they can use but also with the bare knight attacks too and guess what the gemmers and big players hang out on gc asking for tks and attack basically everyone and no one but other gemmers open and actually the smaller players get frustrated by getting attacked 30 times by the same person every day give up so eventually you have a world filled empty cities and a few attackers

It may help some. But at 28 mil per t6 hit such is valid, it only takes 40 hits to get a bill.
    Or 80 hits of t5
    And believe it or not, some are actually legitimate kills,not alt kills.
    But something needs to be done, so something along these lines might be worth looking at.

Member Apprentice Guardian Toshiya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JamO View Post
    Hi,
    I wanted to propose to add following rule for tks comp. To introduce some kind of limit of how many tks will count towards tks per hit.

For example, if you send wave of 3 mil might, you can kill 100mil for example, if unmarshalled but only 6 mil will count towards tks, so twice what you send, or some other formula that will control how much tks will count.

This should prevent people from winning tks comp with one hit and will require players to spend time to get some tks. It will be fair towards those who keep hitting for hours but then someone comes last minute and hit unmarshalled and all hours you spent hitting would be for nothing.

Also, to introduce similar idea for incoming as well, some kind of limit on tks gained per hit.

To extend the idea further you can in future to sell buffs, that might slightly increase that limit for specific time for example.

Hope this solution could help with preventing tks cheating and will make tks events to be more fair to all.

Thanks,
    JamO

The only solution is to eliminate the tournaments kill, to make it easier.
    Or you should do that points rank against other opponents, for example, the 15 level vs 100 levels, are not counted in the tournament or not to be counted points with killing 30 +/- level.

Finally remain agreements between players that stick together to win.. but you would already one step ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    The only solution is to eliminate the tournaments kill, to make it easier.
    Or you should do that points rank against other opponents, for example, the 15 level vs 100 levels, are not counted in the tournament or not to be counted points with killing 30 +/- level.

Finally remain agreements between players that stick together to win.. but you would already one step ahead.
    There are quite a few options:

1. Have Gaea monitor the tk and ban those consistently getting alt kills
    2. Implement a tiered level tk comp based on tk ranking (since the big alt killers are near the top in all time kills, they would mostly be ranked together).

I am not sure how you would determine points in your ranking system. Anything based on user level is meaningless as far as tk comps.

Member Apprentice Guardian

change to more equal prices

Why not make prices more equal. In tk and might tournaments with merlins hysteria and lunete token chest as first price. How can it be suck a difference between the prices? 2nd place is down to 25 tokens of each! Why not 95 tokens for 2-3 place 90 for 4-6 place and so on.

Junior Member Junior Guardian
    Prices more equals would be a good thing. I don't do lots of tk, as i know i will kill lot of might without being able to reach the highest prizes. Allways the same players being at the top, tk's are a prime to the allready strongest players. So the gap remains with them. I won't play a mini game to help them having their 100th lvl15 hammer, while having a lvl10 or lvl 11 as consolation. The only tk i do now are the gems or merlins doted one. And not playing for the highest ranks, knowing it's annunreachable goal from the start... And as you have a lot being first, but ridiculous amounts after rank 10, i don't play long... And the big players are complaining noone is opening. In fact the game is gems buyers taking it all, little gemmers or non gemmers having to look at them play... (I don't call non gemmers those who used to be gemmers at some points and are still competitives).

Quote Originally Posted by CaptBlood View Post
    There are quite a few options:

1. Have Gaea monitor the tk and ban those consistently getting alt kills
    2. Implement a tiered level tk comp based on tk ranking (since the big alt killers are near the top in all time kills, they would mostly be ranked together).

I am not sure how you would determine points in your ranking system. Anything based on user level is meaningless as far as tk comps.
    Monitoring won't help since you really can't tell who is attacking an alt and who might just be lucky or even 2 friends swapping kills the only thing it would help with is players drop hitting.

They already have a tired tournaments it is based on lv granted it could be done better but it really doesn't help any . Look at the level system the top players are at the top everyone else in the middle ( with a few top players hiding at lower lvs) and the bottom has a few new players and mostly alts and almost no matter how you slice it this will pretty much be the how it is and worse with rank over lv is lv you can't go up and down in you can only go up in rank you can go down in rank meaning I could purposely drop in rank to get to a different tier.