Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fallen Heroes and other storylines

Senior Member Guardian of the Realm Mix Thorngall's Avatar

The Scroll 5: The Gate of the Scroll (2/4)

A huge and tight bunch of spear trolls and bone guards were crowding the main gate of the grim fortress known as the Xanadu, backed by Nemain's brute strength and Anand's bloodlust spells... even the blessed Paladins were having a very hard time trashing them, and Camilla was compelled to heal her fighters instead of breaking the defenses... the siege was about to fail, but...

- "Look up above, lord Lugh! What's that?!"

- "Doom! Let's rush, or we will lose the Sisters soon!"

The huge light crashed the ground near the Paladins, harming a ton of the undead and taking them back... a shining Angel with a fierce blessed sword, many pairs of wings and boiling hatred inside his eyes, landed at last to end the battle!

The flaming Eladriel began to shred the trolls and bone guards, completely dismissing Camilla and her wounded Paladins... but soon, she was able to join him in the slaughter! Nemain went all out to stop her with the precious sword of Nuada, while Anand focused all of her dark magics to take down the Rejected, severely damaging him, but sadly not enough...

- "Aggh... you are indeed strong, demon! But nothing will... stop... the Light... aaargh!!"

Eladriel was down, and Anand was about to finish him... but Camilla took a hard blow from Nemain in order to flee and heal her master up again! After the buff, he quickly caught the Dark Morrigan off-guard and threatened her neck...

- "Darkness never pays off!"

He swang the godly sword to end his job... but a huge fireball trampled over him just before doing it! The warriors had arrived!

- "But what about Fire, you proudish fiend? Did you miss us?"

- "Ahhh... the fallen one at last! This will be a great fight... but why don't you join us instead of helping these Danann hags? Maybe I can get you rid of your curse with some merciful blessing, you fire witch..."

Camilla stood up, catching her breath. She was exhausted, but Eladriel didn't even care.

- "You are unworthy to bless even a single drop of water, rejected one! I know what you are looking for, lady Ayesha... and I am the guard of the place where you can claim it... Nemain, give it to her!"

The Sister was not really willing to do that, but at last she dropped the sword of Nuada with anger... Ayesha grabbed it, and suddenly a huge green shining column came out from the Xanadu... to point the Gate of the Scroll!

- "So you have completed the Treasure, dark warrior... and you are able now to follow the path of the Scroll!"

Eladriel's eyes poured with greed... he didn't expect the full power of Darkness to be at his hands...

- "Not so quick... great to know the Gate of the Scroll is buried inside your rotting lair, witch... but I won't let it so easy... I call upon my right to duel you for the Uaraqasshaid-yannuri, fallen one!"

So the assassin held his wrath for a while to allow the Sisters to gather them into the buried cave hosting the shiny Gate... Sir Taron rejoined his Paladins, and Anand dispelled her undead guards. The fight was over for now.

The Dark Morrigan guided Ayesha, Lugh, Camilla and Eladriel inside the cave, where Eldarias the Sage, the dwarven Great Wizard in charge of guarding the Path of the Scroll, was awaiting for the challengers...
    Mix Thorngall
    Trapped in the Soul Gem

No reasons to get back... YET

Junior Member Junior Guardian
    give me some of whatever you're smoking!

Quote Originally Posted by spO.oks View Post
    give me some of whatever you're smoking!
    Smoking can severely damage your health
    Mix Thorngall
    Trapped in the Soul Gem

The Scroll 5: The Gate of the Scroll (3/4)

They reached the brightful inner hall of the Gate, where the old mage was standing in front of a huge oval mirror with an ivory and jasper frame crafted with ancient rune scriptures...

- "Greetings, fighters. I am Eldarias the Gatekeeper, the guard of the Path, and I see you are coming to cross it, aren't you? Only a few are worthy enough to succeed at this harsh task, so I strongly advice you to take back!"

- "Thank you sir, but I have not come so far to give up now. This is my only chance to get rid of this curse, and I won't waste it!"

Eladriel took out his sword and stood between Ayesha and the Gate with rage, and Camilla stood behind him...

- "You shall not pass! Only true fighters of Light like us deserve such power, you blighted dark witch!"

- "Shut up! I am way old to believe in that stuff, man... Anyone having all the items of the Treasure can get in, but... you still have the right to challenge her! You both must fight evenly in the Arena of Gods, and may only the winner claim the Scroll!"

Lugh was so worried about the assassin Eladriel reaping the full power of Darkness, and raged out his sword against both Angels!

- "None of the Sisters can aid you now, so please let me join in, my dark lady. Let's fight!"

Ayesha smiled, glad to have the God Lugh again on her side, and grabbed her flaming whip and the Wrath of Altair, taunting Camilla with it...

- "Right... the winners will have the chance to open the Gate of the Scroll with the Treasure collected... but you must keep it until the end of the fight!"

Eldarias held up his scepter, uttering the Spell of the Challenge... soon, both Angels, Ayesha and Lugh were vanished out from the fortress of Xanadu into some kind of round arena floating over the void, surrounded by lighting torches. The floor of the arena depicted a demon and an angel, both holding up the mighty Scroll of Light and Darkness...

- "Nice place to die, fallen one... let's see how long you can last against our might!"

- "Blah blah blah... come here! I will make you eat your bloated words... just after your pretentious shiny sword, freaky bird!"

The voice of Eldarias the Sage could be heard in the faraway...

- "Welcome to the Arena, bold warriors... Only the last challengers standing with the full Treasure will succeed in this fair combat of steel and magic... no Light or Darkness summoning shall aid you in this place, as the Scroll wraps them all!"
    Last edited by Mix Thorngall; 08-02-2016 at 07:41 AM.
    Mix Thorngall
    Trapped in the Soul Gem

The Scroll 5: The Gate of the Scroll (4/4)

The water valkyrie charged against Ayesha with fury, while Lugh awaited Eladriel's attack from above... unexpectedly, the little Wrath could withstand the clash of the broad icy sword, while Lugh was ready to strike...

- "I really have nothing against Angels, but..."

The godly sword crashed into the Dragon Shield, greatly damaging it, but Eladriel also got smacked by the hard shield. He got up and spitted some blood... he could not heal as quickly as usual in the Arena, and Lugh smiled seeing it...

Meanwhile, the valkyries were dueling, but Camilla was getting advantage, as her sword and ice elementals were punishing Ayesha's fire and combat ability... the Wrath was swifter and allowed the fire one a free hand to slightly flame up the water one, but it was not enough... maybe if she was able to replace her foe, she could last longer in the ring...

- "Hey, fiend! You gonna let your minion do the job?! Are you not mighty enough to beat a weakling dark witch, you rejected one?"

- "Nice try, my dear... chill her to the core!"

Camilla went all out in icy attacks, and Ayesha had nothing besides dodging them. Lugh knew what was going on, and strongly rammed Eladriel, attempting to get rid of him for a while... he took a hard blow, but he managed to stop the raging angel!

- "Agghhh... What a...!"

- "Shut up, you piece of...! Lady... resist! I am coming!"

The harmed Lugh rushed as he could to help, forcing Camilla to take back, although his great shield would resist only a few clashes more. The warrior lured the water valkyrie to duel and, finally, Eladriel went against Ayesha, somehow stunned by Lugh's last attack...

- "Ouch... Right... I will do it myself... if you like, fallen one!"

The dark fighter, slightly recovered from the cold strikes, swang the Wrath against the Archangel, who was trying to bait her into some kind of Light Defense spell, but... it did not work, and he had to clash the little sword at the last moment!

- "Nice try, but... which part of "no summonings" have you missed, wimp?"

No summonings for him, but he still had rage, strength and a fearsome Light blade! Ayesha was quicker, and her whip was harassing the Archangel with flames, but he seemed nearly unbreakable. However, Eladriel seemed to fear the Wrath, and he often was willing to tank some whip lashes, just to avoid that sword reaching him... the valkyrie could have a brief look to the other side, where Lugh was boldly standing against her overpowered sister. Maybe she had to bear him a hand again...

The last of Camilla's icy blasts trampled over the Dragon Shield, freezing it and dropping the warrior... and her flying charge finally broke it into pieces, hardly hitting Lugh's arm! He barely withstood her wrath, but it was so hard to survive... fortunately, she got too confident, and did not see Ayesha tossing Lugh the magic spear!

Gae Assail arrived just in time to the smith's hand, but he was not able to clash the mighty water blade... instead, both fighters got painfully nailed! The spear came across the valkyrie's armor, also severely damaging one of her wings, and the godly sword got stuck at Lugh's chest! Both collapsed, but Lugh seemed way more harmed...

Ayesha escaped the assassin's rage for a while, seeking to care for Lugh. The proud Eladriel did not mind a bit about Camilla, and just laughed out loud...
    Mix Thorngall
    Trapped in the Soul Gem

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123